• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello all

I try to make a custom field in contact that can execute some JavaScript code when it is clicked to realize a click to dial phone number field.

With a custom field in contacts with the following formula I could already invoke JavaScript but this also opens a new empty window:HYPERLINK("javascript:alert('I should dial to  " & Phone & "  now')", Phone)

HYPERLINK("javascript:alert('I should dial to  " & Phone & "  now')", Phone)

Is there a way doing that without opening a new window?

In HTML it should look for example like this:

<a href="DialTo:(111)222-3333" onClick="alert('I should dial to (111)222-3333');return false;">(111)222-3333</a>

Thank you for suggestions,

Matthias

• November 14, 2011

Hello all

I try to make a custom field in contact that can execute some JavaScript code when it is clicked to realize a click to dial phone number field.

With a custom field in contacts with the following formula I could already invoke JavaScript but this also opens a new empty window:HYPERLINK("javascript&colon;alert('I should dial to  " & Phone & "  now')", Phone)

HYPERLINK("javascript&colon;alert('I should dial to  " & Phone & "  now')", Phone)

Is there a way doing that without opening a new window?

In HTML it should look for example like this:

<a href="DialTo:(111)222-3333" onClick="alert('I should dial to (111)222-3333');return false;">(111)222-3333</a>

Thank you for suggestions,

Matthias

• November 14, 2011