• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We want to get away from double entry of financial data, and since Quickbooks integrates well with nothing, we want to replace it wholesale. We need a simple application that will do Quote-to-cash, revenue recognition, billing and no other accounting function at all, so no GL AR, AP etc. Optional to calculate commission, but we would like some flexibility in billing options, annual, project-based, one-off, etc.

If you have successfully replaced Quickbooks with something that integrates with Salesforce, I would greatly like to know what you found and your experiences in using it.

Thanks greatly

Hello:

I'm scratching my head on this one, probably obvious to many but I can't figure out what's wrong. Eclipse is giving me this error:

"Save error: Invalid field stage for SObject Opportunity" line 9

Sales_Commission and Accounting are both children to Opportunity, but I couldn't address the Accounting object without a SOQL query. I guess that's the right way to do it?

The code looks like this: (and thx for the help)

trigger ClosedWonOpportunity on Opportunity (After Insert, After Update) {
   List <Opportunity> opps = Trigger.new;
   List <Sales_Commission__c> scs = new List<Sales_Commission__c>();
   For (Opportunity opp : trigger.new) {
       if ((opp.stage == 'Closed Won') || (opp.stage == 'Closed Won - Quickpay')
           ||(opp.stage == 'Closed Won 50%')) {
               Sales_Commission__c cs = new Sales_Commission__c();
               sc.Opportunity__c = opp.Name;
               if (opp.stage == 'Closed Won') {
                   sc.Sale_Amount__c = [select Recognized_Amount__c from Accounting__c where
                     Opportunity__r.Name = :opp.name].Recognized_Amount__c;

}
           scs.add(sc);
           }
   }
   insert(scs);
}

We want to get away from double entry of financial data, and since Quickbooks integrates well with nothing, we want to replace it wholesale. We need a simple application that will do Quote-to-cash, revenue recognition, billing and no other accounting function at all, so no GL AR, AP etc. Optional to calculate commission, but we would like some flexibility in billing options, annual, project-based, one-off, etc.

If you have successfully replaced Quickbooks with something that integrates with Salesforce, I would greatly like to know what you found and your experiences in using it.

Thanks greatly