• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Dear Friends,

I designed a web lead application using visualforce and placed the link using sites concept in my website. When lead submits the lead form the page redirect to download page there he can down load the file from SFDC. The file is in pdf format when he click the link it open in the browser and when he try to save the file in his local disk the file name shows “servlet.pdf”.

Is there any way to show file name when he save the file from salesforce or is there any way to save the file when he click the link in the page.

I write the below code to download the attachment.

<apex:outputlink value="{!URLFOR($Action.Attachment.Download, attachment.id)}" target="_Blank" id="theLink" >

Thanks,

Bhaskar

Hi friends,

i designed one application in that insted of multipicklist i used <apex:selectlist> tag to capture the information (for clientside view). i created one validation rule for that picklist using apex code.when validation occure it shows on the top of the page (apex:pagemessage). Is there any way to show at field level when validation occure. 

Hi friends,

I designed one VF email template and tested that it's working great when i tested. after then i created email alert workflow when workflow trigger the menctioned merged fields are not showing the information. Please help me how i get the information when workflow trigger.

The code as shown below.

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Bureau veritas" recipientType="lead" relatedToType="lead" >
<messaging:htmlEmailBody >

Hello:{!relatedto.Name}

Thank you for downloading our white paper <span id="whitepaperTitle">{!relatedto.Download_White_paper_Name__c}</span>.

</messaging:htmlEmailBody>
</messaging:emailTemplate>

i tried both recipient and relatedto type to refere field when i used relatedto it shows the name of the lead but not other field information. please help me to comeout from this .

Hi friends,

Last one month back some one changed region pick list field in the opportunity object as a required for all. Based on the field changed date I need to clean the data. I didn’t find any field modification changes in view setup audit trail history and field history. How to find the history when he made the field as required. (He used Security control Field accessibility to make field required). is there any way to find it out.

Thanks,

Bhaskar.

Hi Friends,

We exported the Account Team Member list, and would re-import to SFDC by data uploader after update.
However, we cannot find any field mapping for ACCOUNTACCESSLEVEL from the mapping list.

if i set Field through .sdl file error shows when uploading data

Please help me to solve this problem

Hi friends,

i designed one application in that insted of multipicklist i used <apex:selectlist> tag to capture the information (for clientside view). i created one validation rule for that picklist using apex code.when validation occure it shows on the top of the page (apex:pagemessage). Is there any way to show at field level when validation occure. 

Hi friends,

I designed one VF email template and tested that it's working great when i tested. after then i created email alert workflow when workflow trigger the menctioned merged fields are not showing the information. Please help me how i get the information when workflow trigger.

The code as shown below.

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Bureau veritas" recipientType="lead" relatedToType="lead" >
<messaging:htmlEmailBody >

Hello:{!relatedto.Name}

Thank you for downloading our white paper <span id="whitepaperTitle">{!relatedto.Download_White_paper_Name__c}</span>.

</messaging:htmlEmailBody>
</messaging:emailTemplate>

i tried both recipient and relatedto type to refere field when i used relatedto it shows the name of the lead but not other field information. please help me to comeout from this .

I have a VF page which contains (among other things) 3 picklists which are displayed using the <apex: selectList> component. The reason I'm doing this is because I need them to be dependant picklists, so I have code in my controller which dynamically updates their values.

All three of these fields are required; and this page is going to be displayed to external users on Sites, so the validation needs to be user friendly. Right now I'm having issues replicating the standard validation that accompanies inputField components. I've been able to copy the style to get the red bar to appear, but that's about it. The field is set to a default value of "--None--" since giving it a null value won't let the page render. This means that even if I put required="true" the fields will always have a value by default, which isn't very useful... What I want to be able to do is have a validation rule that these fields aren't equal to "--None--" and catch the exception the page throws to display an error message at the field level. Right now that works fine, but I can only display the error as a pageMessage. Is there a way to display these messages at the field level on selectList components?

Message Edited by dwwright on 03-14-2010 01:59 PM
 I am using the <apex:selectlist> visualforce Tag and wish to replicate the behaviour of the standard tag for validation <apex:InputField>. My SelectList is a required field in filling out the form.

The moment the validation error that is returned reads the following: 

"j_id0:StdOXCEITemplate:j_id9:j_id37:j_id49:j_id50:smileysurprised:rg: Validation Error: Value is required."

1. My first task will be to create a customise this message to read "You must input a value for thie picklist field division"
2. Will be to replicate the css to make sure the selectList value is displayed with the red left border to show it is required.

3. Will be to make sure that the field is highlited in red in the sameway as it does for the inputfield  with the error message next to field specifying that it is required.

Unfortunatly the only one I have any idea on how to implement is the 2nd bullet. Can anyone advise on how this is done?

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
<apex:outputLabel value="Organisation" for="org"></apex:outputLabel>
<apex:selectList value="{!picklistValue}" required="true" multiselect="1" size="1" id="org">
<apex:SelectOptions value="{!OrganisationNames}"></apex:SelectOptions>
<apex:actionSupport event="onchange" rerender="thePageBlock"/>
</apex:selectList>
</apex:pageBlockSectionItem>