• vsabbella

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all,

I am trying out lightning quick start app. I have been following instructions from the guide. I copy pasted the code from quickstart guide into my development org. But I could not figure out what is wrong with lightning design system css. Did anyone come across this before(see image below)? Trying to resolve the issue, I tried creatting the static resource for lightning design system css in my dev org but that does not seem to work either. How do I import the stylesheet in the app? is there any specific way that I am completely missing.

User-added image
Hi,
Can anyone help me understand the order of execution of two triggers on the same object. I cannot use helper class. Plase read the scenario below.

I have custom object Cobj-A. It is from a managed package. The custom object has a trigger tgrA from  managed package. If I create a trigger trgB  on same cusotm object Cobj-A, What is the order of execution? Does my trigger fire first or the trigger from the managed package.

Thanks in advance.
Ram.
Hi ,

My org has lot of merging of accounts as a part of data cleanup. So I had this weird requiment---
We need a simple solution for this scenario.

When a sales rep claims he is  the owner of the particular account that is currently being owned by another salesrep(owner ship changed as part merging process) he needs to be able to submit a request to the current account owners manager and have manager re assign that account to the claiming sales rep.

Thanks in advance 
Can we use rest API from tableau to request a CSV file(exported data from report ) fro m salesforce.
Generally using salesforce reports we click the export deatils button to download the csv file. But our company needs to automate the process and send the CSV file from report over to tableau external platform .
Can we leverage Analytics rest api on this one. 

Thanks in advance for the help.

I need to know if  I can do this in salesforce

Create a map in the following way:

key--> api name of a field on account

value--> a number.

Then assign map.get('key')=='another number';(Assume this stmt as assigning some value to a field on account)

Then call update account.

Any help is much appreciated.

Can we configure many - many relationships using lookup on junction object?  If we can, what is the difference between using master detail and lookup on junction object to create the many-many relationships.

The report is on activities.The report is filtered by custom date range.

I`m not able to view a task record on the report. The report has no filters.
The task has a completed date in the past. 
I can see the task when I look on Activity History on the Account.
I`m an admin in the organization . The Sharing setting on Activities is 'Controlled by Parent'
I even tried to query it from Developer Console. I couldn`t find the record.

what is the use case for having multiple extensions for a single visualforced page. where do we actually use it??

Can't we have entire logic in the same controller extension?

I am having a visual force page VisualForcePage_B in another VisualForcePage_A. I have used apex:include tag to do that.Both the pages are bound to the same standardcontroller of a custom object and the same extension  and action attribute for both the pages are set to the same action method in extension. 

Now when ever it displays an errormessage through pagemessages it is displaying twice.

My question :  Is there any way i remove the extension attribute for VFPage_B and still be able to render it with the appropriate values from controller extension as VFPage_A already has the extension and action attribute specified already????

I have custom object which is a child of Opportunity Object through a master detail relation ship.

I want to get the recordtype name of Opportunity on the child custom object record.

Formula on Opportunity Fied(Opp_rec_name__c):$ recordtype.name

Formula on Custom Object(child):Opportunity__r.Opp_rec_name__c. Do a formula field like print the current Child Object record type name. Not the Opportunity record type name.

I do not want  to use the trigger to print the parent object record type name on the child object.

Is there any other way I can print the name???

I am trying to use ant migration tool to deploy custom fields from developer org to full sandbox.

I am able to retrieve the custom fields from source org into the object file successfully. 

I am not able to deploy the retrieved custom fields into the target organization.

it says customobject.object__c(customobject.myfield__c) :not in package.xml.

Build.xml used to retrieve:

<target name="retrievefields">
<mkdir dir="retrievedfields"/>
<!-- retrieve custom fields from a custom object -->
<sf:retrieve username="${sf.username}" password="${sf.password}" serverurl="${sf.serverurl}" retrieveTarget="retrievedfields" unpackaged="customfields/package.xml"/>
</target>

Build used to deploy:

<target name="deployfields">
<!-- deploy the retrieved custom fields from custom object into another org -->
<sf:deploy username="${sf.username}" password="${sf.password}" serverurl="${sf.serverurl}" deployRoot="retrievedfields">
</sf:deploy>
</target>
</project>

retrievedfields folder has the pagckage.xml  and objects folder with object created.

when i make the deployroot to point to the same folder it created. it is still saying it did not find the field in manifest file.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

we have a VF page with 14 boolean flags that are rendered as either true or false. 

In the current page I am having <apex:outputfields> tags in <apex:pageblocksectionitem> which are displayed as true/false without color.

Now I am required to display them based on color. My approach now is having two outputfiled  tags for each boolean flag and render them on the visualforce page with h1 and h2 tags having different colors styles for both of them.

Is there any way the visualfore page detects true or false values and render them with red color when it is false and green color when it is true.In this way I can just have only <apex:outputfiled> tag for each boolean flag.

Hi all,

I am trying out lightning quick start app. I have been following instructions from the guide. I copy pasted the code from quickstart guide into my development org. But I could not figure out what is wrong with lightning design system css. Did anyone come across this before(see image below)? Trying to resolve the issue, I tried creatting the static resource for lightning design system css in my dev org but that does not seem to work either. How do I import the stylesheet in the app? is there any specific way that I am completely missing.

User-added image
I'm trying to build a lightning component based on the Trailhead Contacts Nearby project, except using Accounts instead.  I'm getting the following error screen when I try to drag it to a Lightning Page:

User-added image

Controller: 
public with sharing class AcctController {

@AuraEnabled
    public static List<Account> findNearby(Double latitude, Double longitude, Double maxDistance) {
        return Database.query('SELECT Id, Name, BillingStreet, BillingCity, BillingState, Next_Contract_Expiration__c, Current_Contract_Volume__c, Phone FROM Account' +
                       ' WHERE DISTANCE(Location__c, GEOLOCATION(' + latitude + ',' + longitude + '), \'mi\') < '+ maxDistance +
                       ' ORDER BY DISTANCE(Location__c, GEOLOCATION(' + latitude + ',' + longitude + '), \'mi\')');

}

}

Component:
<aura:component controller="AcctController" implements="flexipage:availableForAllPageTypes">

<aura:attribute name="maxDistance" type="integer"/>
    <aura:attribute name="latitude" type="Decimal"/>
    <aura:attribute name="longitude" type="Decimal"/>
    <aura:attribute name="Account" type="Account[]"/>

<aura:handler name="init" value="{!this}" action="{!c.doInit}" />

<div>
        <h2>Accounts Nearby</h2>
        <ul>
            <aura:iteration items="{!v.Account}" var="Account">
                <li>
                    <h3><a href="{! '#/sObject/' + Account.Id + '/view'}">{!Account.Name}</a></h3>
                    <aura:if isTrue="{! Account.BillingCity}">
                        <p><a href="{! 'http://maps.apple.com?q=' + Account.BillingStreet + ', ' + Account.BillingCity}">
                            {!Account.BillingStreet}<br/>
                            {!Account.BillingCity}, {!Account.BillingState}<br/>
                            {!Account.Current_Contract_Volume__c} + '  ' + {!Account.Next_Contract_Expiration__c}</a></p>
                    </aura:if>
                    <p><a href="{! 'tel:' + Account.phone}">{!Account.Phone}</a></p>
                </li>
            </aura:iteration>
        </ul>
    </div>

</aura:component>

The code is basically the same as the ContactsNearby, which appropriate changes made to desired fields and object, and it does not give off any code errors when saving, so syntax must be somewhat acceptable.  Any thoughts?
Hi ,

My org has lot of merging of accounts as a part of data cleanup. So I had this weird requiment---
We need a simple solution for this scenario.

When a sales rep claims he is  the owner of the particular account that is currently being owned by another salesrep(owner ship changed as part merging process) he needs to be able to submit a request to the current account owners manager and have manager re assign that account to the claiming sales rep.

Thanks in advance 
Hi,

We want to make a REST API call to fetch multiple objects from Salesforce. Is there any solution/idea available around this?

Thanks,
Can we use rest API from tableau to request a CSV file(exported data from report ) fro m salesforce.
Generally using salesforce reports we click the export deatils button to download the csv file. But our company needs to automate the process and send the CSV file from report over to tableau external platform .
Can we leverage Analytics rest api on this one. 

Thanks in advance for the help.
Hi

I am trying to upsert contacts and accounts via the bulk API and all is working fine except the contact and accounts are not being connected to each other.

I am using a csv spec as described in the documentation to map my columns.
I have a custom external ID called 'User ID' (API name: 'User_ID__c') on my contact object AND on my account object.
I already have an Account record setup with a User id set as 5.
I also have a custom field called 'Display Name' on my contact object.

This is basically the batch CSV file I upsert to the Contact object.

"User ID","Display Name","Account Relationship",
"5","Mr Test","5",

Here is the spec CSV file I upload before the batch:

Salesforce Field,Csv Header,Value,Hint
User_ID__c,"User ID",,
Display_Name__c,"Display Name",,
Account__r.User_ID__c, "Account Relationship",,

The batch is upserted fine and processed without any errors. But the account and contact is not connected. When I monitor the job batch by logging in to the website, and downlaod the request, it does not have the relationship field in it:

"Display_Name__c","User_ID__c","Mr Test","5",

Do relationship fields work with CSV files? I can see there are issues with the XML version via another post

Please help

The report is on activities.The report is filtered by custom date range.

I`m not able to view a task record on the report. The report has no filters.
The task has a completed date in the past. 
I can see the task when I look on Activity History on the Account.
I`m an admin in the organization . The Sharing setting on Activities is 'Controlled by Parent'
I even tried to query it from Developer Console. I couldn`t find the record.

what is the use case for having multiple extensions for a single visualforced page. where do we actually use it??

Can't we have entire logic in the same controller extension?

I have custom object which is a child of Opportunity Object through a master detail relation ship.

I want to get the recordtype name of Opportunity on the child custom object record.

Formula on Opportunity Fied(Opp_rec_name__c):$ recordtype.name

Formula on Custom Object(child):Opportunity__r.Opp_rec_name__c. Do a formula field like print the current Child Object record type name. Not the Opportunity record type name.

I do not want  to use the trigger to print the parent object record type name on the child object.

Is there any other way I can print the name???

I am trying to use ant migration tool to deploy custom fields from developer org to full sandbox.

I am able to retrieve the custom fields from source org into the object file successfully. 

I am not able to deploy the retrieved custom fields into the target organization.

it says customobject.object__c(customobject.myfield__c) :not in package.xml.

Build.xml used to retrieve:

<target name="retrievefields">
<mkdir dir="retrievedfields"/>
<!-- retrieve custom fields from a custom object -->
<sf:retrieve username="${sf.username}" password="${sf.password}" serverurl="${sf.serverurl}" retrieveTarget="retrievedfields" unpackaged="customfields/package.xml"/>
</target>

Build used to deploy:

<target name="deployfields">
<!-- deploy the retrieved custom fields from custom object into another org -->
<sf:deploy username="${sf.username}" password="${sf.password}" serverurl="${sf.serverurl}" deployRoot="retrievedfields">
</sf:deploy>
</target>
</project>

retrievedfields folder has the pagckage.xml  and objects folder with object created.

when i make the deployroot to point to the same folder it created. it is still saying it did not find the field in manifest file.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I' using page messages to display message on vf page.

I want to display message as show below...

How can i achieve that

ApexPages.Message msg=new ApexPages.Message(ApexPages.Severity.Info,'You Selected'+' '+a.name );
ApexPages.addMessage(msg);

Hi Contributrers,

I am planning to take DEV 401

I need some sample questions, advice and Help.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Everybody,

I need to take a test in DEV 401. Could anybody provide me sample questions to practice.I appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Neeru.

Somehow my development environment has gotten into a bad state.  I am working on a VF page and a custom controller (using Eclipse).  Whenever I try to save my controller I get the following message:

Save error: Conflict found while preparing to save 'controller.cls' to server.  Remote instance has been updated since last save or sync.  Use the Synchronize Perspective to resolve the conflict.   

I am also getting save errors when trying to save the VF page in Salesforce.  

I have tried deleting all the VF pages and the controller class that is on the server and resaving everything again, but after a few saves, I start to get the errors again. 

I cannot find the Synchronize Perspective function in Eclipse that the error message refers to.

Any ideas?  Maybe a time drift issue between my laptop and SF server?