• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello All,

I wanted to know if there is a possibilty of tracking user history in reporting lauches, i.e. which user has launched which report on which date and time, etc. Does any table exists which stores this information? Is it possible to obtain these data either via the eclipse environment or in salesforce reports?

Thanks,

Regards,

Dikshant.

Hello All,

I wanted to know if there is a possibilty of tracking user history in reporting lauches, i.e. which user has launched which report on which date and time, etc. Does any table exists which stores this information? Is it possible to obtain these data either via the eclipse environment or in salesforce reports?

Thanks,

Regards,

Dikshant.

I've been doing some work creating content in Visualforce that is rendered/opened in different formats (PDF, csv, excel etc). The few ways I have found to force rendering or download of the Visualforce page onload is to renderAs="PDF" or setting contenttype="text/csv" etc. The issue is during the load of the page, the page itself is saved using the naming convention of the Visualforce page, meaning you cannot specify the necessary extension. 

I was wondering if anyone had a workaround or any ideas to force the save of the page to a dynamic name and specify a file extension (for instance force a Visualforce page named Report with contenttype="application/csv" save as {dynamicname}.csv). 

My temporary work-around is having the file emailed as an attachment, as you can specify name of attachment and file extension dynamically in Visualforce templates. I would prefer the option to directly download rather then use this work-around. Anyone have any ideas?

I am developing the visualforce page for user to edit the record.  but I found that the BR() is converted to _BR_ENCODED_, which is absolutely not what I want.

here is the example to mimic the issue:

1. create a object  let's say MyObject

2. add one field "short description" type = Text Area

3. set the default value for the field as following:

a. Monday

b. Sunday

c. Saturday

the formalu is like this: "a. Monday" & BR() & "b. Sunday" & BR() & "c. Saturday"

if you check the short description field on the salesforce standard page, it looks good.

but if you create a VF page to edit this field:

<apex:page standardController="MyObject__c">
<apex:form >
<apex:pageblock >
<apex:pageblockSection >
<apex:pageblockSectionItem >
<apex:outputLabel value="{!$ObjectType.MyObject__c.Fields.short_description__c.Label}"/>
<apex:inputField value="{!MyObject__c.short_description__c}"/>
</apex:pageblockSectionItem>
</apex:pageblockSection>
</apex:pageblock>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

the BR() is converted into _BR_ENCODED_ and the whole default string is: 

a. Monday_BR_ENCODED_b. Sunday_BR_ENCODED_c. Saturday

terrible!

Could anyone help in this?  thanks!

John He