• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi folks,

We've got an unmanaged package we're trying to deploy, and running into an issue when we are installing the package.  We have the following Record Types across a few objects:

Name / DeveloperName / SobjectType

Donation / Donation_Lead / Lead
Donation / Donation_Campaign / Campaign

Donation / Donation_CampaignMember / CampaignMember

Already existing in the SFDC instance is the following...

Donation / Donation / Opportunity

For reasons we can't understand, the package install fails with the following error:  "Duplicate Name    Record Type    The name "donation" is already used on component type: Record Type. Please rename existing component."

We can't figure out why this would be happening.  From the UI, we have no problem in creating Record Types with these Names(Label) and DeveloperNames (Name).  Any idea why this would error out in packaging install only?

-Ryan

Hi folks,

We've got an unmanaged package we're trying to deploy, and running into an issue when we are installing the package.  We have the following Record Types across a few objects:

Name / DeveloperName / SobjectType

Donation / Donation_Lead / Lead
Donation / Donation_Campaign / Campaign

Donation / Donation_CampaignMember / CampaignMember

Already existing in the SFDC instance is the following...

Donation / Donation / Opportunity

For reasons we can't understand, the package install fails with the following error:  "Duplicate Name    Record Type    The name "donation" is already used on component type: Record Type. Please rename existing component."

We can't figure out why this would be happening.  From the UI, we have no problem in creating Record Types with these Names(Label) and DeveloperNames (Name).  Any idea why this would error out in packaging install only?

-Ryan

Hi,

I've been trying to get a Visualforce page to output a PNG image.  For example, you hit the URL and the picture displays in the browser window.  The content-type setting appears to allow this sort of thing.  For example I was able to output a BMP with code similar to this:

VF page:

<apex:page controller="TileRedirector" contentType="image/bmp"  showHeader="false" sidebar="false">{!Content}</apex:page>

Controller snippet:

public string getContent()

{

string content = 'BM:6( ##Ÿˇ';    

return content;

}

When I try this with a PNG I get an invalid image.  My current thinking is that the content type for the page is outputs as image/png; charset=UTF-8;

I can force different charset's by adding the charset to my VF page without effect.  I'm reading the image from another source and can successfully view that image from their web site.  The difference is that the content type for those requess always respond as "image/png" without a char set specified.

Has anyone successfully returned a PNG from a VF page before?

Thanks,

Jim