• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi

How to extend report access to group of users in salesforce?

how many ways we can access the report.

Hi,

Can anyone help me to create a custom field for 'week'. For example (2013/02/10-2013/02/16) and I should be able to click on an arrow to go back and forth (previous week or next week on clicking the arrow).

Thanks a lot for your help.

CNimma

• February 25, 2013

Hi,

Is there any way to restrict values after the decimal place? I have a time tracking field and I would like to restrict the minutes to 60 (Ex: 1.60 and should not be able to enter more than 60 after the decimal). Also, I need to sum the total hours of a week which should convert 60 mins as 1 hour in the "Total" field which is a formula field.

Many thanks!

CNimma

• February 19, 2013

Hi,

I would like to prevent from entering/saving duplicate records with the combination of a date field and a look up field(Date & Username). I created a combination field and added a workflow but for some reason it does not work. Is there any way I can do this without having to write a trigger?

Thanks,

Nimma

• February 15, 2013
Trying to access Developer Edition to take Trailhead Challenges and get error messages upon login; however, if I go to the Sandbox from my SF login, works perfectly.   Is Sandbox different than Dev. Edition?

Hi,

I am very new to APEX, and am trying different ways to raise an error to my users.  In the current situation, I am attempting to prevent a user from removing/clearing out a date field, once they have set a date. 

I received some help originally to manipulate child records, created in a class object which I have extended for some validation in which I have a custom exception working that raises an error to the user displayed at the top of the form.

The problem with this option (that I can see) is that it throws an exception with allot of additional language included.  I remember in my administration clas they mentioned raising errors attached to a specific field, but for the life of me cannot come up with a solution.

Does anyone have a specific example they could share that could be used as a validation step that raises a custom message on a specific field?

- Thanks, Kevin

Hi,

Is there any way to restrict values after the decimal place? I have a time tracking field and I would like to restrict the minutes to 60 (Ex: 1.60 and should not be able to enter more than 60 after the decimal). Also, I need to sum the total hours of a week which should convert 60 mins as 1 hour in the "Total" field which is a formula field.

Many thanks!

CNimma

• February 19, 2013

Hi,

I would like to prevent from entering/saving duplicate records with the combination of a date field and a look up field(Date & Username). I created a combination field and added a workflow but for some reason it does not work. Is there any way I can do this without having to write a trigger?

Thanks,

Nimma

• February 15, 2013

Hi

How to extend report access to group of users in salesforce?

how many ways we can access the report.

Hi All,

I have this CSV which has tasks list which needs to be loaded into the tasks. I donot have Whatid's. The whatId's in my case are Contacts. But instead i have a field called ClientID which is a external id field on Contacts. Is there any way i can pull the ContactId's(WhatId) based on that external id field into the CSV file?

Thanks

I need to export a report as a CSV to an FTP site or email it on a daily or weekly basis.

I have a Report.  I need to get the report out of Salesforce somehow into CSV format.

Ideally, this would be scheduled.

I'm a developer so I can do developer stuff.  However, I don't know APEX and I don't know VisualForce.  I can get someone to do that stuff if we need to.

Thanks!

• July 26, 2011

I have created a custom object and I want to use a picklist in a formula field. All I really want to do is display this field on my custom object. Is there a way to do that without using a Formula field since I cannot use a picklist in the way I want. I do not want to override the pages with visualforce I know this is one way to just put an output field of the picklist on the page.

This is all I am trying to do: Account__r.Operational_Status__c.

Where Operational_Status__c is a custom picklist.  I just want the value that is selected in this picklist to appear on a different object's detail view.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Message Edited by MSVRad on 09-16-2009 02:08 PM
  • September 16, 2009
How can I get the current Salesforce User ID in an Apex class?

Any help is appreciated!

Chris