• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

Following is my VF page where for some reason the re-rendering conditions are not working.

Basically want to re-render when Type of Upgrade is Software (Entitlements) or Hardware (Appliance)

Can you please tell me what I maybe doing wrong here?

<apex:page standardController="Opportunity" extensions="RMCWizard" tabStyle="Opportunity" sidebar="false" wizard="true" >

<apex:sectionHeader title="Opportunity Upgrade Wizard" subtitle="Step 1 of 7"/>
<apex:form id="theForm" >

<apex:pageBlock id="theSearchBlock" title="Product Information" mode="edit" >
<apex:pageBlockButtons location="both" >
<apex:commandButton action="{!saveRMC}" value="Save and Update RMC" />
<apex:commandButton aaction="{!saveSF}" value="Save and Create Upgrade Opportunity in SFDC" >
</apex:commandButton>

</apex:pageBlockButtons>

<apex:pageBlockSection id="Type" columns="1" collapsible="false" >
<apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
<apex:outputLabel >What is the upgrade Type?</apex:outputLabel>
<apex:inputField value="{!Opportunity.Type_of_Upgrade__c}" >
<apex:actionSupport event="onchange" status="StatusChange" rerender="theForm" />
</apex:inputField>
</apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
</apex:pageBlockSection>

<apex:pageBlockSection columns="1" id="SW1" collapsible="false" >
<apex:pageBlockSectionItem rendered="!{Opportunity.Type_of_Upgrade__c = 'Software (Entitlements)'}" >
<apex:outputLabel >Select the Software Product</apex:outputLabel>
<apex:inputField value="{!Opportunity.Software_Product__c}" >

<apex:pageBlockSection columns="1" id="Uprice" collapsible="false" >
<apex:pageBlockSectionItem rendered="{!Opportunity.Type_of_Upgrade__c='Software (Entitlements)'}" >
<apex:outputLabel >Select the Unit Price for the Product </apex:outputLabel>
<apex:inputField value="{!Opportunity.Software_Unit_Price__c}" >

<apex:pageBlockSection columns="1" id="HW1" collapsible="false" >
<apex:pageBlockSectionItem rendered="{!Opportunity.Type_of_Upgrade__c='Hardware (Appliance)'}" >
<apex:outputLabel >Select the Hardware Product</apex:outputLabel>
<apex:inputField value="{!Opportunity.Hardware_Product__c}" required="true">
<apex:actionSupport event="onchange" status="StatusChange" rerender="" >

</apex:actionSupport>

<apex:pageBlockSection id="DC" columns="1" collapsible="false" >
<apex:outputLabel >Select the Applicable Data Center</apex:outputLabel>
<apex:inputField value="{!Opportunity.Data_Center__c}" required="true">

<apex:pageBlockSection id="Partner" columns="1" collapsible="false" >
<apex:outputLabel >Confirm the Partner</apex:outputLabel>
<apex:inputField value="{!Opportunity.AccountID}" required="true">

<apex:pageBlockSection id="EC" columns="1" collapsible="false" >
<apex:outputLabel >Confirm the End Customer</apex:outputLabel>
<apex:inputField value="{!Opportunity.End_Customer__c}" required="true">

</apex:pageBlock>

</apex:form>
</apex:page>

I want to make a set of searches on a visualforce page that list the search boxes when the user clicks on the panelbar for the item they want to search for.  So I would have 3 or 4 panelbaritems and when the user clicked on the one they wanted they would be shown the search boxes for the fields that they can search.  Here is what I have written:

<apex:panelBar >

<apex:panelBarItem label="Lead Search">
<apex:form >
<apex:inputField value="{!lead.name}" label="Name" rendered="true" />
</apex:form>
</apex:panelBarItem>
</apex:panelBar>

the panelbar displays correctly, but it will not show the inputfield on it.  Thanks for your help.

if one field input checkbox  is checked  then how to disable another field checkbox in pageblock table

Hello,

Is it posible to create a task workflow rule assigned to a specific Account Role User? For example, I want to alert the person who holds Account Exacutive on the account team when a field has been updated. as anyone donw this in Apex? Is there common code available for this?

Thanks,

Brittany

Hi

I have an APEX trigger that creates a record.

I want to send an email after the creation of that record.

I have set-up a workflow rule that responds to these newly created records, but this does not fire from the trigger. (it works if I manually create the record)

Is this an order of execution issue?

i.e. does it not submit the record created by the trigger until after the workflows rules have been executed?

Is there anyway to get this working without having to code the send email?

Many thanks

On a VF page, I have a pageBlockTable.  There are times where there are more than 1000 records in the collection to be rendered.  When this occurs, the Visualforce collection limit of 1000 is hit and the page doesn't load.  I need to figure out a creative solution for getting around this.  In the end...

1. I need all records to render on the page. If I do any pagination, it'll happen client-side after the records are loaded in the HTML.  I know the first responses to this will be about whether I really need to have all those records on the page and how there is doubt about whether I need to, but for the purposes of this forum post, please work with me here.
  2. I want to keep the look and feel of a pageBlockTable if possible.

When not using pageBlockTables, I have used a construct similar to the following to get through a collection of more than 1000 items.

<apex:repeat value="{!myCollection}" var="item" rows="1000" first="0">
{!item.text}
</apex:repeat>
<apex:repeat value="{!myCollection}" var="item" rows="1000" first="1000">
{!item.text}
<apex:repeat value="{!myCollection}" var="item" rows="1000" first="2000">
{!item.text}

pageBlockTable has the rows and first parameters, but if I do that, I'd be getting a new pageBlockTable everytime.

The options I can think of are:

• Get a creative solution from the forums to actually utilize the pageBlockTable (purpose of this post)
  • Use apex:dataTable and try to use style classes to mimix the pageBlockTable look and feel. This is a nice possibility I haven't tried yet.
  • Use apex:repeat tags and make up my own HTML styling

Any help is appreciated.

• September 13, 2010
Dev Team,

Wasn't sure where to report possible bugs, so I'm throwing it up here in case others are running into it as well...  Certain SObjects are causing errors when being described via the Flex toolkit.  Somewhere in 'com.salesforce.results.DescribeSObjectResult' a null object is being referenced when trying to describe certain objects.  I could be wrong on a few of them, but I narrowed it down to the following list of objects possibly causing the error when described:

"ActivityHistory", "BrandTemplate", "BusinessProcess", "Document", "EmailStatus", "FiscalYearSettings", "Name", "NoteAndAttachment", "OpenActivity", "OpportunityLineItem", "Period", "PricebookEntry", "Profile", "ProcessInstanceHistory", "QuantityForecast", "QuantityForecastHistory", "RevenueForecast", "RevenueForecastHistory", "Scontrol"

The exact text of the actionscript error is below:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
 at com.salesforce.results::DescribeSObjectResult$iinit()
 at ::SalesForceResponder/result()
 at mx.rpc::AsyncToken/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::applyResult()
 at mx.rpc.events::ResultEvent/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::callTokenResponders()
 at mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::dispatchRpcEvent()
 at mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::resultHandler()
 at mx.rpc::Responder/result()
 at mx.rpc::AsyncRequest/acknowledge()
 at ::DirectHTTPMessageResponder/completeHandler()
 at flash.events::EventDispatcher/flash.events:EventDispatcher::dispatchEventFunction()
 at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
 at flash.net::URLLoader/flash.net:URLLoader::onComplete()
 at flash.events::EventDispatcher/flash.events:EventDispatcher::dispatchEventFunction()
 at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
 at flash.net::URLLoader/flash.net:URLLoader::onComplete()