• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I've just had a package rejected from the AppExchange for 'Insecure Storage of Sensative Data.' This is because I had the Post-Install script create a Protected Custom Setting which contained an API Secret and API Key. The trouble, apparently, is that both of these are visible in the Apex Class, though it is a managed package, so those are inaccessible to users by any means I know of.

Thus my question is how are we supposed to create Protected Custom Settings in a secure manner? The trouble is that the user is not supposed to have access to the API Key or API Secret. We cannot have them create the Protected Custom Setting. The API Key and API Secret are the same for everyone who uses the package, so these must be added in an automated fashion, securely. But I don't see how this is possible if the code itself is considered insecure.
I've just had a package rejected from the AppExchange for 'Insecure Storage of Sensative Data.' This is because I had the Post-Install script create a Protected Custom Setting which contained an API Secret and API Key. The trouble, apparently, is that both of these are visible in the Apex Class, though it is a managed package, so those are inaccessible to users by any means I know of.

Thus my question is how are we supposed to create Protected Custom Settings in a secure manner? The trouble is that the user is not supposed to have access to the API Key or API Secret. We cannot have them create the Protected Custom Setting. The API Key and API Secret are the same for everyone who uses the package, so these must be added in an automated fashion, securely. But I don't see how this is possible if the code itself is considered insecure.

Hi there,

We are a small student-run non-profit looking for some assistence customizing our salesforce plattform and implementing web to lead on our new website. Job is fairly straight forward. Contact me if you have any questions.

Best,

Jeff

Hello

I want to authenticate Customer Portal users via the API from a Java platform, but I'd like to hand the user over to a Salesforce customer portal without having to re-authenticate. I've thought of some trickery that might work, but I wondered if there might be a direct way to pass the session id to some Force.com functionality (exposed as a web service perhaps) and have the user seamlessly continue their journey.

Wes