• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi, our organization is trying to redirect traffic to a specific secure force.com site domain using a CNAME record, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Our current Salesforce site url is:
https://rusticpathways.secure.force.com/studentapp/SALanding?sid=f119025b-4731-f802-f2a3-8c679fb463e7
We've setup a CNAME in our web/DNS host to point enroll.rusticpathways.com to rusticpathways.secure.force.com.

When you visit https://enroll.rusticpathways.com/studentapp/SALanding?sid=f119025b-4731-f802-f2a3-8c679fb463e7 you will receive a standard Salesforce "URL No Longer Exists" page.

Quick note: we don't have a SSL certificate yet for the domain enroll.rusticpathways.com, so you'll need to "ignore" your browser's unsecured connection warning to load the above page.

Any thoughts on why we may be receiving this error?

Thank you for your help,
Ryan

URL No Longer Exists
You have attempted to reach a URL that no longer exists on salesforce.com. 

You may have reached this page after clicking on a direct link into the application. This direct link might be: 
• A bookmark to a particular page, such as a report or view 
• A link to a particular page in the Custom Links section of your Home Tab, or a Custom Link 
• A link to a particular page in your email templates 

If you reached this page through a bookmark, you are probably trying to access something that has moved. Please update your bookmark. 

If you reached this page through any of the other direct links listed above, please notify your administrator to update the link. 

If you reached this page through a link on our site, please report the broken link directly to our Support Team and we will fix it promptly. Please indicate the page you were on when you clicked the link as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using salesforce.com!

Hi all,

We're running into a little bit of trouble with a custom APEX trigger on Lead Update or Creation.  We're trying to pull 3 values from custom fields on the Lead Object and create a new task and then NULL out the custom fields on the Lead record.

So far, we're able to generate the new task, but we are running into referencing issues with the custom Lead fields and we receive a "Comparison arguments must be compatible types" on the if statement.

Also when we try to simply insert the values using the Lead.variable_name references into the Subject of the task as a test it inserts as a string with a value of "variable_name."

We're unable to do this using a Workflow Rule, because you can't insert values into custom fields on Tasks using WFRs.

Any suggestions on what we're doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Ryan

trigger AfterInsertUpdateLead on Lead (after insert, after update)
{
 list<Task> NewLitTask = new list<Task>();
 for(integer i=0; i<trigger.new.size(); i++)
 {
   Lead lead = new Lead();
  if (lead.Number_of_Gap_Catalogs__c > 0 || lead.Number_of_Group_Catalogs__c > 0 || lead.Number_of_HS_Catalogs__c > 0)
  {
   NewLitTask.add(new Task(
   Subject = 'Lit Request',
   WhoID = trigger.new[i].id
   ));
  }
 }
 insert NewLitTask;
}

Rustic Pathways is a 29-year global leader in providing superior quality community service, adventure, language immersion, and life skills programs to high school students, teacher-led groups, and families worldwide. 

We have an opening for a Salesforce.com developer.  This is a flexible position that would accomodate either a relatively new SFDC dev or an individual with more experience.  Salary and training would reflect the difference in qualifications.

View posting:

http://jobs.rusticpathways.com/apply/K0xAzq/Software-Developer.html

Organization site:

http://www.rusticpathways.com/

Thanks,

Ryan

Hello everyone,

I am very new to the Force.com platform and I've been trying to help my organization through some immediate needs while we have neither a SFDC admin, developer, or outside consultant.

One of the largest areas that has been causing us a headache is in our campaign management.  The majority of our leads come from a web-to-lead catalog request form.  These leads are then scored by hand and added to a catalog mailing campaign.  Our mail room mails the catalogs based upon a report that is run at the campaign level that is filtered by a member status of "unsent" this same report then pulls two fields from the lead record: 1) Number of HS Catalogs, and 2) Number of Gap Catalogs.  Maintaining these quantities on the lead record is not ideal for a number of reasons.

We would like to store this information in the campaign member record as custom fields.  I have created the custom fields that correspond to these items, BUT there is no way to add values to these custom fields when adding members from a view or report into a campaign.

Would anyone be able to help with a formula that mapped a custom lead field over to a custom campaign member field?  These are not default options in the field setup.

Thank you very much for your time.  I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Ryan Gibbons