• 25 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a number of employees in my company who are not Salesforce users, but who have Chatter accounts. I want to use them in a picklist, available to a custom object in my system, but when I make that field a lookup on User, it only brings up active SF licence users. I'd like to tweak this somehow to allow me to show All SF and Chatter users in this picklist. Anyone have an idea of how I can do it?

Thanks!

I have a number of employees in my company who are not Salesforce users, but who have Chatter accounts. I need to associate a particular Chatter user with each instance of a custom object, but I'm not able to pull the list of Chatter users (i.e., People, I believe) as a look-up. I only get currently active SF licence users. Does anyone know how I can pull this info out and use it in a picklist?

Thanks!

I;m trying to use SQL in a trigger, and it works as long as I don't use the WHERE clause. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? All I know is that it's not bringing back any records -- is it the syntax? I've checked the spelling of the fields.

Idea mainIdea = [SELECT Id, PostId__c from Idea WHERE PostId__c = :c.ParentId LIMIT 1];

PostId__c is a field I've added to Idea, and c is a FeedComment.

I was wondering:

a) How to "roll back" to a previous version of a method I've written (e.g., I wrote a trigger, and I've changed it over the course of the day, saving each time, but now need to roll back to the version I had last night).

b) Can I test SQL queries using the Execute area? What's the syntax? I've tried [Select Id From Account Limit 5]; and I get errors ("Cannot be a statement")

Thanks.

I don't know exactly where to post this, so here it is....

I woud like to have a custom object report that takes the value of a field (#red, #yellow, or #green) and highlights the background of that record in that colour, in the report. It's not a summary field; it's a field that would be set by the record owner. It's intended to make it easier for the execs to zoom in on which records are in trouble.

Any idea of how to do this?

I'd like to detect which group a feeditem was posted to, and then use that information programmatically in a trigger. Is there a field on FeedItem taht tracks which group it was posted to? Or would I go through another means?

Disclaimer: I'm a newbie at programming in Apex.

My company wants to use a Chatter group to allow employees and customers to submit and comment on new product ideas. I need to write a trigger so that when a new FeedItem is created on the New Ideas group in Chatter, it creates a new Idea record, linked to the FeedItem.

Does anyone have an example of creating a new Idea object each time a new Chatter post occurs?

This is what I have so far, and of course, I get an error just saying that Salesforce has been notified.

trigger createNewIdeaTrigger on FeedItem (before insert) {
        for (FeedItem f: trigger.new)
        {
            Idea newIdea = new Idea(Categories = 'NewIdea', Status = 'New', Body = f.Body, CommunityId = '09a300000004gvG', Title = 'New Idea') ;
                f.parentId = newIdea.Id;
                newIdea.postID__c = f.Id;

insert newIdea;

}
    }

My company wants to use a Chatter group to allow employees and customers to submit and comment on new product ideas. I need ot write a trigger so that when a new FeedItem is created on the New Ideas group in Chatter, it creates a new Idea record, linked to the FeedItem. When someone comments on that FeedItem, the new FeedComment updates the Idea object with the comment.

Does anyone have an example of creating a new Idea object each time a new Chatter post occurs?

I have a number of employees in my company who are not Salesforce users, but who have Chatter accounts. I need to associate a particular Chatter user with each instance of a custom object, but I'm not able to pull the list of Chatter users (i.e., People, I believe) as a look-up. I only get currently active SF licence users. Does anyone know how I can pull this info out and use it in a picklist?

Thanks!

I;m trying to use SQL in a trigger, and it works as long as I don't use the WHERE clause. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? All I know is that it's not bringing back any records -- is it the syntax? I've checked the spelling of the fields.

Idea mainIdea = [SELECT Id, PostId__c from Idea WHERE PostId__c = :c.ParentId LIMIT 1];

PostId__c is a field I've added to Idea, and c is a FeedComment.

I don't know exactly where to post this, so here it is....

I woud like to have a custom object report that takes the value of a field (#red, #yellow, or #green) and highlights the background of that record in that colour, in the report. It's not a summary field; it's a field that would be set by the record owner. It's intended to make it easier for the execs to zoom in on which records are in trouble.

Any idea of how to do this?

I'd like to detect which group a feeditem was posted to, and then use that information programmatically in a trigger. Is there a field on FeedItem taht tracks which group it was posted to? Or would I go through another means?

Disclaimer: I'm a newbie at programming in Apex.

My company wants to use a Chatter group to allow employees and customers to submit and comment on new product ideas. I need to write a trigger so that when a new FeedItem is created on the New Ideas group in Chatter, it creates a new Idea record, linked to the FeedItem.

This is what I have so far, and of course, I get an error just saying that Salesforce has been notified.

trigger createNewIdeaTrigger on FeedItem (before insert) {
        for (FeedItem f: trigger.new)
        {
            Idea newIdea = new Idea(Categories = 'NewIdea', Status = 'New', Body = f.Body, CommunityId = '09a300000004gvG', Title = 'New Idea') ;
                f.parentId = newIdea.Id;
                newIdea.postID__c = f.Id;

insert newIdea;

}
    }

My company wants to use a Chatter group to allow employees and customers to submit and comment on new product ideas. I need ot write a trigger so that when a new FeedItem is created on the New Ideas group in Chatter, it creates a new Idea record, linked to the FeedItem. When someone comments on that FeedItem, the new FeedComment updates the Idea object with the comment.