• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Since the latest changes in the support policy of Salesforce, all our development related cases (opened via the partner portal) will get closed right away. I can understand, that the support is not there to answer howto questions. But i can not understand, that they are closing cases right away, which are describing severe deficiencies aka bugs on the platform.

Has Salesforce ever been interested in bug reports by its customers and partners?

If yes: where can we report them today and in the future? Are they acknowledged by Salesforce? Are they resolved by Salesforce? Are they mentioned in Roadmaps and Releasenotes?

If no: when Salesforce does not care about its customers, why should we consider Force.com as a platform of our choice? The facts are not in favour of Salesforce, if i think about the mediocre documentation, mediocre development tools and (finally) the mediocre support.

• February 09, 2012

Hi,

I have the following requirements

1. Use your own pricebook and PricebookEntry objects. (i,e use new custom objects for this)

2. Support multi-currency

I am wondering is it possible to satisfy both these requirements at once. I know no 1 can be done easily but can we

implement mult-currency on our own price related objects?

Any pointers would be very helpful

Thanks

-jimmy

There is one picklist and 3 text fields on a page layout.

If the picklist value is 'New'..one more text field should get displayed on the page layout..

For all other values only three text fields should be there..

How can we achieve this??

We have recently upgraded from Group Edition to the Enterprise Edition and I am tasked with developing a better design approach as we have a lot more functionality extended with this version.  Our earlier Group edition supported our business processes through having our customers set up as Accounts and the Contacts shared a joint role between persons associated with our customers and our Driver Base.  Opportunities were used to house all of the loads (our product...which is a service) that were developed throughout the sales cycle and Accounts (3 at a time, Billing Account-Pick Up Location Account-Delivery Location Account) and Contacts (Person requesting the move, Pick up contact, Delivery contact and then our Driver who actually delivered the product) were all a part of each opportunity. 

The limitations that we had with this was that there was not a way to auto populate a Ready Date for the driver inside the detail contact that came from the opportunity.  Additionally, I would like to have work flow rules that cross objects.  I do not want to lose any of the Contacts functionality or tie ins, however need to figure out the best approach for having the opportunity drive behaviors downstream.  There is already several look up fields associated with both the Account and Contact objects, however I need a way to feed informatin back upstream from the opportunity after it has been updated.  I do not want to have a look up field on Contacts as this would require additional steps and convolude the process. 

Does anyone have any ideas for this? 

Similarly, I am interested in seeing if anyone has used the quotes object for invoicing?  If not, what other suggestions would you have for invoicing and a good tie in to Quickbooks for real time updates back and forth.