• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I'm in the process of integrating Chatter into a different web tool, so users can easily share and comment in that tool. For this the user needs to associate his login with his chatter account by authorizing access via OAuth. Unfortunately it seems that both the access_token and the refresh_token expire (daily?), requiring the user to reauthenticate every day.

Is there a way to get a permanent access token that will not expire? 

Andi

I'm fairly new to Chatter and Salesforce so I'm struggling a bit with the correct terms. Anyway, here's what I want to do:

My task is to integrate chatter with a different web application. The idea is to have a way to attach a chatter discussion to any entity in that application and have a way to have chatter users to follow the entity. Similar to what you can do for a SalesForce account object for example.

From what I understand from the API documentation, I would need to register a new record for each entity in my application. Then chatter users can follow that record or add comments to it. But I can't figure out how to create such a record. Can anyone point me in the right direction?