• 5 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'd like to have a program that would automatically connect all contacts associated with an account to an opportunity as contact roles. I already know that if you create an opportunity from a contact, that the contact is assigned as the contact role. However, I have multiple contacts associated with some of my accounts and I need them to be connected to the opportunity as well. I've created a flow to make opportunity entry easier for the office staff, however getting them to remember to go back and add the contact roles after they have created the opportunities is a pain. It would be so much nicer if this could be done behind the scenes with programing.  Is it possible to do this with a flow? I'm using the desktop flow developer, and I see you can make a data source/target with an opportunitycontactrole table. But I'm not sure how to go about adding this to my flow. I'm assuming I'd have to add another lookup element, have the person find the contact to attach, selected it and assign the role.  The problem with this, is that the operator, has to know who to add to the opportunity, which opens up a possbility of adding the wrong people. If there was a way to make it automatic, it would remove the potential for operator error. 

I got this error when running my flow from within Flow Designer. Can someone tell me what this error means? I know null means nothing. So one of my fields is coming up blank?

Context of error - creating a flow that searches for an account and then asks for information about an opportunity then creates a new opportunity for that account with the information provided. I receive the error right after I the form that asks for the opportunity information. So it's between the form and the data update.

I finished one leg of a three part flow (as in the main branch of my flow can go in three difference scenario directions), and I ran it to make sure it was working and I got this error.

An unhandled fault has occurred in this flow

Encountered unhandled fault when running process Donation_Entry/301U00000004D8G exception by user/organization: 00DU0000000KvuU/{4}

interaction.sfdc.adapter.rules.SalesforceRuleBrokenException: UPSERT --- UPSERT FAILED ---  ERRORS :  (INVALID_TYPE_ON_FIELD_IN_RECORD) Private: value not of required type:  ---  for SFDC record with ID : null,

caused by element : Data update.Individual_Donation_Entry

caused by: interaction.sfdc.adapter.rules.SalesforceRuleBrokenException: UPSERT --- UPSERT FAILED ---  ERRORS :  (INVALID_TYPE_ON_FIELD_IN_RECORD) Private: value not of required type:  ---  for SFDC record with ID : null,

Salesforce Error ID: 769132756-8787 (1051072277)

It occurs right before my record lookup when I run the flow. 

What I'm trying to do is automate my donation entry system. I'm using Nonprofit version of EE. 
1st screen and decision finds out if the contact is an individual, business or church. 
2nd screen collects known information on idividual.
Then I get error right at record lookup. Below are images of flow and first few features. 

Hello

I am new to the Flow Designer, just trying to set up a flow for new contact creation.

I want to include a search right a the beginning prompting the user to check whether the contact is already there or not.

Is that possible?

Thanks Marc

• May 06, 2012

I'd like to have a program that would automatically connect all contacts associated with an account to an opportunity as contact roles. I already know that if you create an opportunity from a contact, that the contact is assigned as the contact role. However, I have multiple contacts associated with some of my accounts and I need them to be connected to the opportunity as well. I've created a flow to make opportunity entry easier for the office staff, however getting them to remember to go back and add the contact roles after they have created the opportunities is a pain. It would be so much nicer if this could be done behind the scenes with programing.  Is it possible to do this with a flow? I'm using the desktop flow developer, and I see you can make a data source/target with an opportunitycontactrole table. But I'm not sure how to go about adding this to my flow. I'm assuming I'd have to add another lookup element, have the person find the contact to attach, selected it and assign the role.  The problem with this, is that the operator, has to know who to add to the opportunity, which opens up a possbility of adding the wrong people. If there was a way to make it automatic, it would remove the potential for operator error. 

I finished one leg of a three part flow (as in the main branch of my flow can go in three difference scenario directions), and I ran it to make sure it was working and I got this error.

An unhandled fault has occurred in this flow

Encountered unhandled fault when running process Donation_Entry/301U00000004D8G exception by user/organization: 00DU0000000KvuU/{4}

interaction.sfdc.adapter.rules.SalesforceRuleBrokenException: UPSERT --- UPSERT FAILED ---  ERRORS :  (INVALID_TYPE_ON_FIELD_IN_RECORD) Private: value not of required type:  ---  for SFDC record with ID : null,

caused by element : Data update.Individual_Donation_Entry

caused by: interaction.sfdc.adapter.rules.SalesforceRuleBrokenException: UPSERT --- UPSERT FAILED ---  ERRORS :  (INVALID_TYPE_ON_FIELD_IN_RECORD) Private: value not of required type:  ---  for SFDC record with ID : null,

Salesforce Error ID: 769132756-8787 (1051072277)

It occurs right before my record lookup when I run the flow. 

What I'm trying to do is automate my donation entry system. I'm using Nonprofit version of EE. 
1st screen and decision finds out if the contact is an individual, business or church. 
2nd screen collects known information on idividual.
Then I get error right at record lookup. Below are images of flow and first few features.