• 50 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello - I want to do a mass import of Tasks against Contacts from our previous CRM.

I cannot set the CreationDate and apparently need to enable this to be ediable. I have asked our account manager with SalesForce about this, but have had no reply.

I would consider adding a custom fields to represent the date I want, but it doesn't appear that SF allows one to add custom fields to tasks.

Am I being stupid? this seems to be unduely complicated to do :(

Mark

Hello,

I'm trying to install the visual force ide via the 64-bit windows zip here:

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Force.com_IDE_Installation

I've tried downloading it several times on both Chrome and IE, but the zip is corrupt and won't open.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark.

Hi,

I feel like I'm missing something obvious here...

When a lead comes in for an existing contact, I want to attach the lead to that contact such that - I can see progress the lead and also see the associated contact's details (for example phone number to call)

However, the way it seems to work out of the box is that the lead is only linked to the contact when it's converted to an opportunity.

Adding a custom field to link the contact to the lead would seem like the wrong way to do it :/

Thanks,

Mark.

Hello,

I want to create a journal against the contact to show all emails/notes/tasks/events in one chronological view. This will give the sales guys the ability to see a full, ordered history of their interaction with the contact

At the moment, notes/attachments are in a seperate section.

Is there some way to add a "New Note" button to the Activity History window to add notes into this view?

Thanks,

Mark.

So, there seems to be an absense of up to date information on this one:

I am currently evaluating SalesForce for our company and Outlook integration is one of the core features we're looking for.

I've downloaded and installed the connector on my 64-bit Windows 7 machine (running 32 bit Outlook 2010).

However, when I start Outlook, the connector crashes Outlook (and, thankfully, is disabled on subsequent launches of Outlook)

Having been really impressed with the SalesForce offering, this problem (and the lack of any good support) is a real dissapointment.

Does anyone have an idea what I can do to get this to work?

Thanks,

Mark.

Hello,

I'm trialling SaleForce for our company (specifically synching data via the API)... and in doing so am changing schema quite a bit.

At the moment, I'm having to manually log in and regenerate schema each time (and then have an automated process to convert this into C#)

I would like to automate the refresh of schema.... however, I cannot see how to authenicate programmatically to the page https://eu1.salesforce.com/soap/wsdl.jsp?type=*

I'm probably missing something obvious - can someone help?

Regards,

Mark.

Hello - I want to do a mass import of Tasks against Contacts from our previous CRM.

I cannot set the CreationDate and apparently need to enable this to be ediable. I have asked our account manager with SalesForce about this, but have had no reply.

I would consider adding a custom fields to represent the date I want, but it doesn't appear that SF allows one to add custom fields to tasks.

Am I being stupid? this seems to be unduely complicated to do :(

Mark

Hello,

I'm trying to install the visual force ide via the 64-bit windows zip here:

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Force.com_IDE_Installation

I've tried downloading it several times on both Chrome and IE, but the zip is corrupt and won't open.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark.

Hello,

I want to create a journal against the contact to show all emails/notes/tasks/events in one chronological view. This will give the sales guys the ability to see a full, ordered history of their interaction with the contact

At the moment, notes/attachments are in a seperate section.

Is there some way to add a "New Note" button to the Activity History window to add notes into this view?

Thanks,

Mark.

So, there seems to be an absense of up to date information on this one:

I am currently evaluating SalesForce for our company and Outlook integration is one of the core features we're looking for.

I've downloaded and installed the connector on my 64-bit Windows 7 machine (running 32 bit Outlook 2010).

However, when I start Outlook, the connector crashes Outlook (and, thankfully, is disabled on subsequent launches of Outlook)

Having been really impressed with the SalesForce offering, this problem (and the lack of any good support) is a real dissapointment.

Does anyone have an idea what I can do to get this to work?

Thanks,

Mark.