• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Dear support,

I've created a managed package with 2 static resources (the header and footer) used in a pdf print out features maked by apex code.

Now I want to send this manage package to a client of mine. How can him to change the static resources with himself logo?(header and footer).

I think that him can't change the static resource on an installed managed package, isn't? what's the best way to follow up? because I need to change the image in a installed package, too.

Thanks for any suggest,

Kind regards,

Maurizio

Hi,
I'm working with Cloud Flows Designer. Can I start this flow by a non human input? for example trigger.
thanks for any suggest.

Hi,

can I execute a flows from a trigger? or a non human event or input?

I'm just studying the visual flow and I'm able to run it through visualpage. 

Thanks for any idea.

Kind regards,

Maurizio

Hi,

I've configured in my org the Translation Workbench for en and it ant it's working fine.

The problem is related to my visualpage. All the picklist values are in english and not in Italian.

<apex:page language="it" controller....>

I think that I have to set the language on my controller. Where can I figure out it?

Thanks for any suggest or support to fix my problem.

Kind regards,

Maurizio

I did a custom page where I can insert an attachment related to a custom object.
The problem is related to the delete button. I can't do it because the page goes crash with this error:

"apex:inputFile can not be used in conjunction with an action component, apex:commandButton or apex:commandLink that specifies a rerender or oncomplete attribute"

I think that the problem is related to reRender="form" in page. Someone have been never developed a custom delete button?

Thanks for any suggest or idea

[CODE]
<apex:page Controller="ControllerTEST"  showHeader="false">
    <apex:sectionHeader title="File" subtitle="User manage" help="/help/doc/user_ed.jsp?loc=help"></apex:sectionHeader>
<apex:form id="form">
    <apex:pageBlock title="Your files">
       <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!QFile}" var="att" rendered="{!NOT(ISNULL(QFile))}">
                <apex:column >
                    <a href="javascript&colon;if (window.confirm('Are you sure?')) DeleteFile('{!att.Id}');" style="font-weight:bold">Del</a>
                </apex:column>
                <apex:column headerValue="Action">
               <apex:outputLink value="{!URLFOR($Action.Filement.Download, att.Id)}" target="_blank">View</apex:outputLink>
                <apex:column title="ID" value="{!att.id}"/>
                <apex:column title="File Name" value="{!att.Name}"/>
                <apex:column title="Description" value="{!att.Description}"/>
                <apex:column title="Lenght (inbytes)" value="{!att.BodyLength}"/>
        </apex:pageBlockTable>
    </apex:pageBlock>
       <!-- <apex:actionFunction action="{!DeleteFile}" name="DeleteFile" reRender="form" > -->
        <apex:actionFunction action="{!DeleteFile}" name="DeleteFile" reRender="form">
            <apex:param name="SelectedFileId" value="" assignTo="{!SelectedFileId}"/>
        </apex:actionFunction>       
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>
[/CODE]

Hi,

can I execute a flows from a trigger? or a non human event or input?

I'm just studying the visual flow and I'm able to run it through visualpage. 

Thanks for any idea.

Kind regards,

Maurizio

Probably a silly question, but after watching the videos for flows, they talk a lot about how you can take a flow and put it onto a website for use by customers (not for users, but on a public website). How is that done (is there a help page that someone can direct me to or a how-to page?) Or is that only for sites that are accessed through a portal? How would that be done? Also, does the workflow have to go into a force.com site or can it go onto any site just with html? That is what I am looking to do--if that is possible, is there a page or link somewhere with a how-to about that?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

Hi,

I've configured in my org the Translation Workbench for en and it ant it's working fine.

The problem is related to my visualpage. All the picklist values are in english and not in Italian.

<apex:page language="it" controller....>

I think that I have to set the language on my controller. Where can I figure out it?

Thanks for any suggest or support to fix my problem.

Kind regards,

Maurizio

I did a custom page where I can insert an attachment related to a custom object.
The problem is related to the delete button. I can't do it because the page goes crash with this error:

"apex:inputFile can not be used in conjunction with an action component, apex:commandButton or apex:commandLink that specifies a rerender or oncomplete attribute"

I think that the problem is related to reRender="form" in page. Someone have been never developed a custom delete button?

Thanks for any suggest or idea

[CODE]
<apex:page Controller="ControllerTEST"  showHeader="false">
    <apex:sectionHeader title="File" subtitle="User manage" help="/help/doc/user_ed.jsp?loc=help"></apex:sectionHeader>
<apex:form id="form">
    <apex:pageBlock title="Your files">
       <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!QFile}" var="att" rendered="{!NOT(ISNULL(QFile))}">
                <apex:column >
                    <a href="javascript&colon;if (window.confirm('Are you sure?')) DeleteFile('{!att.Id}');" style="font-weight:bold">Del</a>
                <apex:column headerValue="Action">
               <apex:outputLink value="{!URLFOR($Action.Filement.Download, att.Id)}" target="_blank">View</apex:outputLink>
                <apex:column title="ID" value="{!att.id}"/>
                <apex:column title="File Name" value="{!att.Name}"/>
                <apex:column title="Description" value="{!att.Description}"/>
                <apex:column title="Lenght (inbytes)" value="{!att.BodyLength}"/>
        </apex:pageBlockTable>
    </apex:pageBlock>
       <!-- <apex:actionFunction action="{!DeleteFile}" name="DeleteFile" reRender="form" > -->
        <apex:actionFunction action="{!DeleteFile}" name="DeleteFile" reRender="form">
            <apex:param name="SelectedFileId" value="" assignTo="{!SelectedFileId}"/>
        </apex:actionFunction>       
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>
[/CODE]

As I am new to salesforce , can you please help me out in writing batch apex?
Our requirement is to send a mass email to all EventUsers(child of contact) at specified interval of time.
Please reply ASAP as it is an urgent requirement.

I know it's possible to search attachments from the Web UI, but can I use either SOSL or SOQL to query the  attachment object from APEX in order to return a list of records (e.g. contacts) that have an attachment which contains some text i would like to find?

Hi All,

I am getting Insufficient Privilliges by clicking on Salesforce Chatter window thru Partner User Profile.

For the System Administrator profile working properly, Is any Limitations for Chatter?

• April 25, 2011

I have an ok understanding of apex and I am new to VPM (Flow Designer).

I am trying to get "Apex Callout" to work with a class i have but am not getting anywhere. After opening the flow designer pdf i came across the following statement:

"The visual Apex callout element allows you to call an Apex class with the Process.Plugin interface"

What is the process.plugin interface? because i am getting the following error when uploading the flow into Salesforce

"ErrorWe had trouble uploading the flow. Apex class does not exist or is not a plugin class: FlowDesignerISA.GetISAamount"

Can anyone help?
Thanks in-advance.

• March 08, 2011

Hi.

I need to create a English and a Japanese Site.

Also added English translation for Custom Field.

The above translation setting works fine with the native Saleforce UI.

For example:

If I change the language setting to English ,English iLabels are displayed,.

If I change the language settigng to Japanese Japanese Labels are displayed.

How to implment this in the Sites.I mean how to set the language settings for Sites.

cheers

suresh

I am creating unit tests for a custom controller I created to handle file uploads and am having issues populating the Attachment body property in my test method. I really just don't know how I'm supposed to simulate a file upload during unit testing.

The body property is normally populated from the visualforce apex:inputFile tag, where I bind the inputFile to the attachment body property in my controller.

<apex:inputFile value="{!file.body}" />

I know that the Attachment body must be encoded in Base64, but how do I create a variable in my test class that I can use for filesize bounds testing as well? Can anyone provide some direction or even code samples on how I would go about doing this?

My test method is as follows:

static testMethod void basicControllerTest()
{
System.debug('Unit Test: AttachOppPaperwork Controller');

//Create Opportunity record
Opportunity o = new Opportunity();
o.name = 'Test Opp 1';
o.stageName = 'First Appointment';
o.closeDate = system.today()+60;
insert o;

//Set current page to AttachOppPaperwork
PageReference oPage = new PageReference('/apex/AttachOppPaperwork?id='+o.Id);
Test.setCurrentPage(oPage);

//Instantiate Controller
AttachOppPaperworkController c = new AttachOppPaperworkController();

//Verify variable values
System.assertEquals(o.name, c.oppName); //c.oppName == [Opportunity Name]
System.assertEquals(o.id, c.oppId); //c.oppId == [Opportunity Id]
System.assertNotEquals(null, c.file); //c.file instantiated

//Test File Upload
System.debug('-->AttachOppPaperworkController.upload() called');

//Set file body
//???

//upload the attachment
PageReference uploadTest = c.upload();

System.debug('::AttachOppPaperworkController.attachmentId = ' + c.attachmentId);
System.assertNotEquals(null, c.attachmentId); //attachmentId property should not be null
System.assertEquals(null, uploadTest); //method should return null, refreshing the page
System.assertEquals(true, c.complete); //complete flag should be set to true

//Verify Opportunity field update
Opportunity oTest = [SELECT PaperworkUploadedDate__c FROM Opportunity WHERE Id=:o.Id];

System.debug('::PaperworkUploadedDate__c = ' + oTest.PaperworkUploadedDate__c);
System.assertNotEquals(null, oTest.PaperworkUploadedDate__c); //date field should have a value
}

apex:inputFile can not be used in conjunction with an action component, apex:commandButton or apex:commandLink that specifies a rerender or oncomplete attribute.

Is it because  POST is required to upload the file ?

Message Edited by devNut! on 11-18-2008 11:30 AM