• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We currently connect several web forms (formassembly) to the Contact and Opportunity objects.  We would like to send all the formassembly records to a staging object and salesforce, and set up more robust matching rules to update/create new contacts and opportunities.  ARe there any recommendations on how to do this or any products you would recommend?
Is there a way to display selected fields from the product object in a wordpress page?
I am using the pre-chat api with live agent. I can't get the api to populate a new record if it doesn't find a matching record

I am following the instructions in chapter 5 of the live agent developer's guide: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/live_agent_dev/live_agent_dev_guide.pdf

Has anyone been able to get this to work correctly?  Any suggestions are welcome.  My code is below
<apex:page showHeader="false"> 
<!-- This script takes the endpoint URL parameter passed from the deployment 
  page and makes it the action for the form -->
<script type="text/javascript">
     (function() { 
     function handlePageLoad() {
       var endpointMatcher = new RegExp("[\\?\\&]endpoint=([^&#]*)");
       document.getElementById('prechatForm').setAttribute('action',
       decodeURIComponent(endpointMatcher.exec(document.location.search)[1]));
     } if (window.addEventListener) {
              window.addEventListener('load', handlePageLoad, false);
   } else { window.attachEvent('onload', handlePageLoad, false);
              }})(); 
</script>
<form method='post' id='prechatForm' class="elegant-aero"> 

<h1>Welcome! <span>Before we begin, please enter the information below</span></h1>
      First name: <input type='text' name='liveagent.prechat:FirstNameDetail'
        id='customField1' /><br />
      Last name: <input type='text' name='liveagent.prechat:LastNameDetail'
        id='customField2' /><br />
      Email address: <input type='text' name='liveagent.prechat:EmailDetail'
        id='customField3' /><br />
      <!-- Department: <select name="liveagent.prechat.buttons">
           Values are LiveChatButton IDs. 
          <option value="573a00000000001">Customer Service</option> 
          <option value="573a00000000002">Technical Support</option> 
          <option value="573a00000000001,573a00000000002">Customer Service if online, 
          otherwise Technical Support</option> 
      </select> --><br /> 

<!-- Map liveagent.prechat:FirstNameDetail and liveagent.prechat:LastNameDetail
        custom detail to Lead's field FirstName and LastName -->
      <input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat.findorcreate.map:Lead"
        value="FirstName,FirstNameDetail;LastName,LastNameDetail;Email,EmailDetail" />

<!-- Specify query for to match lead email address to existing record -->
      <input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat.findorcreate.map.doFind:Lead"
        value="Email,true" />

<!-- Return results only if there is an exact match of email address-->
      <input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat.findorcreate.map.isExactMatch:Lead"
        value="Email,true" />

<!-- If no match in search, create a new Lead record with the mapped value
        of firstname and last name and email-->
      <input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat.findorcreate.map.doCreate:Lead"
        value="FirstName,true;" />

<!-- If a new Lead record has been created, open it as a subtab -->
      <input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat.findorcreate.showOnCreate:Lead"
        value="true" />

<!-- Save the Lead id to transcript's field LeadId -->
      <input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat.findorcreate.saveToTranscript:Lead"
        value="LeadId" />

<!-- save the name and email address to the transcript for insurance -->
      <input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat.save:email"  value="Email__c" />  

<input type='submit' value='Request Chat' id='prechat_submit'/> 
<style type="text/css"> 
/* Elegant Aero */
.elegant-aero {
    margin-left:auto;
    margin-right:auto;
    font: 24px "Open Sans",sans-serif;
    max-width: 500px;
    background: #99cc66;
    padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px;
    font: 12px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    color: #fff;
}
.elegant-aero h1 {
    font: 24px "Open Sans",sans-serif;
    padding: 10px 10px 10px 20px;
    display: block;
    background: #339933;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #B8DDFF;
    margin: -20px -20px 15px;
}
.elegant-aero h1>span {
    font-size: 11px;
}

.elegant-aero label>span {
    float: left;
    margin-top: 10px;
}
.elegant-aero label {
    margin: 0px 0px 5px;
}
.elegant-aero label>span {
    float: left;
    width: 20%;
    text-align: right;
    padding-right: 15px;
    margin-top: 10px;
    font-weight: bold;
}
.elegant-aero input[type="text"], .elegant-aero input[type="email"], .elegant-aero textarea, .elegant-aero select {
    color: #888;
    width: 70%;
    padding: 0px 0px 0px 5px;
    border: 1px solid #C5E2FF;
    background: #FBFBFB;
    outline: 0;
    -webkit-box-shadow:inset 0px 1px 6px #ECF3F5;
    box-shadow: inset 0px 1px 6px #ECF3F5;
    font: 200 12px/25px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    height: 30px;
    line-height:15px;
    margin: 2px 6px 16px 0px;
}
.elegant-aero textarea{
    height:100px;
    padding: 5px 0px 0px 5px;
}
.elegant-aero select {
    background: #fbfbfb url('down-arrow.png') no-repeat right;
    background: #fbfbfb url('down-arrow.png') no-repeat right;
   appearance:none;
    -webkit-appearance:none;
   -moz-appearance: none;
    text-indent: 0.01px;
    text-overflow: '';
}
.elegant-aero .button{
    padding: 10px 30px 10px 30px;
    background: #000;
    border: none;
    color: #FFF;
    box-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #4C6E91;
    -webkit-box-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #4C6E91;
    -moz-box-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #4C6E91;
    text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #5079A3;

}
.elegant-aero .button:hover{
    background: #99cc66;
}
</style> 
</form> 
</apex:page>

I have set up a workflow so that an email alert to be sent to our leads based on the updating of a certain field.  This email comes from me by default.  I would like it to come from the lead owner.  How can I do this?  I'm getting questions from our customers that I can't answer.

We are a university that requires guidance counselor approval for high school students to take courses from us.  Students apply via a web form and their application is brought into salesforce.  Students enter the email address of their Guidance Counselor.  I would like to have their Guidance Counselor emailed automatically and their approval/denial of the course be logged in salesforce.   Can approvals be used for this or does it require another method?  Any suggestions are welcome.

I have just set up by dev sandbox, and I am trying to connect my web forms to it.  I've tried my username+'.dev', and my production password and security token.  However, that doesn't work.  Any ideas?

I have build a custom object.  I would like users to send email using a specified contact and have it log in the history for that object.  I would also like my templates to refer to that contact's first name.. In short, I would like my email template to pull field data from both the contact object and my custom object.  is this possible?

I have a custom object called courses.  In that course object is a lookup field referencing the Contact object called "instructor".  Within the course object I'd like users to send an email to the instructor and have it log in the activity history for the course.  I'd  like to build a template that pulls in the instructor's first name from the Contact object. It seems like visualforce templates can do that, but I'm not sure how..

I would like to populate the owner field for a custom object based on the value of another field in that same record.  In pseudocode, that might look like this

switch (owner) {

case 'ED':

owner = "Ellen M"

break

case "HLTH":

owner = "Toni"

Can this be done.  These records are being uploaded daily from our student information system, but I'd rather not mess with the import file if I don't need to.

I've built a custom Courses object.  The Courses object has a Course Registration Number field (CRN).

I also have a CRN field in my Leads object. .

I would like to show the count of related Leads as a field in the Courses object.

The syntax would be something like this:

SELECT COUNT('crn') from Leads where Leads.crn = Courses.crn AND Leads.type="max-exceeded"

Can I do this through a formula field?  How?  If not, is there another way to do it.  

We currently connect several web forms (formassembly) to the Contact and Opportunity objects.  We would like to send all the formassembly records to a staging object and salesforce, and set up more robust matching rules to update/create new contacts and opportunities.  ARe there any recommendations on how to do this or any products you would recommend?

I would like to populate the owner field for a custom object based on the value of another field in that same record.  In pseudocode, that might look like this

switch (owner) {

case 'ED':

owner = "Ellen M"

break

case "HLTH":

owner = "Toni"

Can this be done.  These records are being uploaded daily from our student information system, but I'd rather not mess with the import file if I don't need to.