• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

We created a VisualForce Page that generates a quote pdf. But while emailing to contact, we need to save it in the local system and then to attach with the Opportunity.

But is there anyway to automatically attach the quote pdf in the Opportunity.

Thanks.

Regards,

AMR.

Hi,

How to access Chat History / Logs in the Summer '12 Release Chatter Messenger.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Regards,

AMR.

Friends,

I couldn't see the object Quotes in Summer '12 Developer Edition.

Please let me know whether i should install any package to get it.

Thanks.

Regards,

AMR.

Hi Friends,

Can someone share with me a good CSS that can make the Quote Professional.

Becoz the one that i designed, My manager doesn't like it. :(

So Please help me.

Thanks.

Regards,

AMR.

Hi,

I'm getting this error: 

Error: Invalid field Discount for SObject OpportunityLineItem in creating a new VisualForce Page.

To be noted is Discount is already there in the Quote Line Item .

And the same Code works well for visualforce email Template.

Please help me.

<td><apex:OutputField value="{!line.Discount}"/></td>

• March 25, 2012

Hi,

We created a VisualForce Page that generates a quote pdf. But while emailing to contact, we need to save it in the local system and then to attach with the Opportunity.

But is there anyway to automatically attach the quote pdf in the Opportunity.

Thanks.

Regards,

AMR.

Hi Friends,

Can someone share with me a good CSS that can make the Quote Professional.

Becoz the one that i designed, My manager doesn't like it. :(

So Please help me.

Thanks.

Regards,

AMR.

Hi,

I'm working on a VF email template and trying to output a couple related objects.

I want the recipient to be a Contact and I want to output variables from a "Buyer_Listing__c", and "Business_c" object, both of which are related lists for contact via a lookup field.

I also want to output a "Buyer_Listing_Categories__c" object that is master-detail with "Buyer_Listing__c" of that contact. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

I looked around and found some suggestions but haven't gotten it to work:

-------------

<messaging:emailTemplate recipientType="Contact"
    subject="Test"
    relatedToType="Contact"
    replyTo="support@acme.com">

<messaging:htmlEmailBody >        
    <html>
        <body>
        <apex:repeat var="cy" value="{!relatedTo.Buyer_Listing__r}">
            <p>Asking Price: ${!cy.Listing_Price__c}.</p>
         </apex:repeat>
            <p><u>Business Identity and Location</u></p>
            <p>{!cy.Listed_Business__c}.</p>
         </apex:repeat>

Using apex:repeat seems like a really rough workaround, the other option is to change relatedToType = "Buyer_Listing_Categories__c", but then I can't find a way to get the "Business__c" object data.

• June 05, 2012

I am having problems regarding displaying dates.

I have the ff. code for my query:

global static List<Patient__c> queryPatients() {
         return [SELECT Id, Last_Name__c, First_Name__c, Middle_Name__c,Birthday__c, Civil_Status__c, Gender__c FROM Patient__c ORDER BY Last_Name__c ASC LIMIT 20 ];
    }

When I want to use the data, for example, this.Birthday__c, the value changed.

eg.

1976-03-09 became 195177600000

What must I do to display the right value?

Thank you!

• March 25, 2012

Firends,

I have an email template that is being sent out of salesforce with a set of fields populated in it.

The email also is formatted with 'View it in a Brower' link. Can any one suggest me how i can get this link working?

using  'ref = '#' target ='_blank'> does not work in my inbox.

Thank you,

Bidun

Hello,

I have come accross this problem a few times and still can't find a satisfactory solution. The issue is related to products. So I thought someone out htere must have also encountered it as it is a common structure that many companies would take to their products. 

I would like to bundle products so that when you select a product you then have a choice of selecting the breeakdown/makup of that product.  I need products and sub-products.

For example a single opp can be made up of the following main products and sub products, each requires a price associated with it;

Each opportunity can have several main products/ (packages/ bundles )

Blue Solution  100  (main product/ (package/ bundle ))

Training 20     (sub product)

Software 40   (sub product)

hardware 40   (sub product)

Red Solution  80  (main product/ (package/ bundle ))

Training 25     (sub product)

Software 30    (sub product)

hardware 25    (sub product)

I can't seem to achieve this so we have decided to have each segment listed as a product. For example the pricebook will no longer contain just Blue Solution, Red Solution it will have 

Blue Solution Training

Blue Solution Software

Blue Solution harware

Red Solution Training

Red Solution Software

Red Solution harware

and the sales rep picks these for each sale. 

That is all fine until you try to report on  the number of blue solutions sold in a month or year. Instead of getting the quantity of 5 blue solutions (no.of opportunities) you get 15 as it counts the number of line items (opportunity and product report required).

I have created a multi-picklist in the main opportunity so as to record what was sold, red solution;blue solution however a report will summarise by the combinations of those chosen and not by individual values in the picklist. 

I would be so grateful if anyone has any ideas on how to tackle this issue. I know so many companies out there do not simply sell straight forward products, they sell packages, so how do they deal with this?

I see the app exchange has a package called product bundles, but it doesn't really tackle the problem I am having. 

Thanks 

dac

• January 13, 2010

I want to create a visualforce email template which displays the cost of various support contracts.  Something to the effect of:

Total Cost: 10,000.

Basic Package (5%) = $500

Premier Package (10%) = $1000

Contract Expiration Date: 8/1/2010

I have fields in our Account object for the total cost and the expiration date.  The basic and premier package costs are calculated by multiplying a percentage (either 5% or 10%) x Total Cost.  

Most of the documentation i've seen for the visualforce pages use custom controllers which are defined by <apex:page controller="somecontroller"> syntax.  But, when creating an email template this syntax is different.

Here is what i have currently:

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="test" recipientType="Contact" relatedToType="Account">
<messaging:plainTextEmailBody >
Account Name: {!relatedTo.Name}</br>
Expiration Date: {!relatedTo.Support_Contract_Expiration__c}<br/>
Total System Cost: {!relatedTo.Support_Contract_Basis__c}<br/>
</messaging:plainTextEmailBody>
</messaging:emailTemplate>

Using the "__c" I found i was able to access the custom fields in the account object which contain the expiration date and the total cost.

Questions:

* Is it possible to do simple multiplication in visual force w/o creating a custom apex component.

* If no, I'm not sure how to create a custom apex class or controller and pass the account details to it in order to then create get methods for the basic cost and premier cost.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know of a way to automatically select a default email template and email from address for a case?  Our users are still have to do a lot of clicks and sometimes forget to use the email-to-case address.

Thanks in advance, Jay

My company has a number of prodcts sold in "bundles". That is, they contain several products sold together. I'd like to include these bundles in my standard pricebook with the underlying products represented.

For instand, Bundle A includes Products 1, 5 and 8. How do I create a pricebook entry where I select Bundle A, and add products 1, 5 and 8? Is it possible?

Please help,

Thanks, Carmen G