• Solutions Architect
  • Cox Automotive

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am trying to log a call for the agent at the end of my script, but the Comment field does not appear to be available to assign a value to. Is this by design or is it a bug? I really hate having to create a custom comment field just for the script.

In the last screen of my flow, I display the various input fields submitted by the user as a confirmation of what s/he enterred. This screen is preceeded by a Record Create task which posted the data to my custom object. All is well except for the fact that my last screen displays the default buttons of "Previous" and "Finish". How do I remove or hide the Previous button so a user does not make an inadvertent double entry by clicking the Previous button and invoking the Record Create a second time?

Is it possible to include Lookup fields with a Record Create? I know that one cannot update lookup fields with a Field Update action on a Workflow Rule, but I was hoping Visual Workflow would offer something new. 

If it does not, is the solution to write an Apex plug-in component?

Thanks.

I am new to Flow and am trying to figure out how to change the Opportunity Record Type when creating a new Opportunity through flow. 

Example: User picks Auto insurance quote (Choice) which creates an "Auto" Record Type.

I only see RecordTypeId will this work? If so How? 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

I went to do a Record Create in a visual workflow to create a Chatter post, using the object FeedItem, and FeedItem is just nowhere to be found in the dropdown. See the image below:

Anyone, help? Rajaram?

So I'm pulling my hair out. I've put together a flow in the Desktop Flow Designer, and for some reason I have a Record Lookup allocation which is just not working for some reason.

Here is the section of my flow where the problem is occurring. I have a record lookup, getProfileName2, that is going to a decision, and then on certain conditions, moving to the Form chooseDirector.

Here's the filter for getProfileName2. The variable varClickerProfileID is being passed to the Flow by the custom URL that uses it. I know this is working because I have added a debug line to the Form, displaying the variable when it is run:

But notice the big blank section beneath that ID. I have a second debug line added there to display the variable varClickerProfileName, and it's not showing anything. This variable is supposed to be allocated by the record lookup, like so:

And it's not just the debug line that's not working. The decision decIsDirector that is between the Record Lookup and the Form is supposed to route based on the variable varClickerProfileName, and it is routing incorrectly. It's as if the Record Lookup's allocation is just not working. But it's not faulting either, so it's like it's doing something and pulling no data.

I have tried this with other variables and fields; I attempted to do the same with the boolean PermissionsModifyAllData, with no success. I simply cannot get this Record Lookup to work. I even tried recreating it.

HELP!

Has anyone had any luck using either the desktop or cloud Flow Designers to create or update Chatter post records? I can't find any documentation or posts on it, and I keep getting errors like this:

Encountered unhandled fault when running process TestChatter/30170000000CaX0 exception by user/organization: 00D700000008zHZ/{4}

interaction.sfdc.adapter.rules.SalesforceRuleBrokenException: UPSERT --- UPSERT FAILED ---  ERRORS :  (FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION) Related Record ID: id value of incorrect type: 0017000000PTIu8AAH ---  for SFDC record with ID : null, 

caused by element : Data update.Chatter_Update

caused by: interaction.sfdc.adapter.rules.SalesforceRuleBrokenException: UPSERT --- UPSERT FAILED ---  ERRORS :  (FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION) Related Record ID: id value of incorrect type: 0017000000PTIu8AAH ---  for SFDC record with ID : null, 

Salesforce Error ID: 22356481-7983 (-2063781244)

missing buttons

This is a snapshot of the first page of the new visual workflow I have recently deployed to production. As you can see, it has no buttons. No "Next", no "Finish", no nothin'.

If I hit refresh, however, there is a 75% chance the buttons will appear. (All percent chances in this post are estimates.) There is a 50% chance the buttons will appear or not appear on ALL pages in my visual workflow. I cannot find any consistant reason for this. I have tried different users, different profiles, different browsers. It is relatively unpredictable on the same computer, with only seconds between attempts, and have been able to reproduce it on multiple computers. It truly seems to be random! Does anyone know what is going on here? I'd hate to have to tell my 280+ users that if they get no buttons they just have to keep hitting Refresh until they come up!

I can provide any requested information on my visual workflow if needed.

Is there a way to include multiple recipients using the Sendemail plugin?  I'm looking to have multiple email addresses on the TO line with the option to have a CC or BCC.

Thanks in advance.

TP

I went to do a Record Create in a visual workflow to create a Chatter post, using the object FeedItem, and FeedItem is just nowhere to be found in the dropdown. See the image below:

Anyone, help? Rajaram?

We have pre-populated our SFDC org with 400,000 account records from a third party source.  We assigned these accounts to a default user ID called "Is Available For You".  When a sales rep searches our SFDC database for a certain account and determines they want to own an account I would like to create a Flow for them to request that account.  If the account is currently owned by "Is Available For You" I would like the transfer to happen automatically during the flow process.  If the Account is owned by another user in the system I would like the Flow to trigger an email to our Admin team.  I'm able to do the above with one exception.  The running user does not have the right to assign away Accounts from other people in the system.  So, my question is:  Can a Flow be configured to allow flow users this privilege during the flow execution?

Thanks in advance.

TP

I'm using flows to create a case, and I want to know if there is a way to have it specify a TRUE for it to use the assignments rules when the case is created.  I don't just want to make that the default choice, because once the case is accepted by a user from the queue, I don't want it to reassign the case to the queue.

Any and all insights are welcome.  Thanks!

Jeff Bloomer

Trying to modify the text formatting in the Screens by overriding a default setting of the CSS class. As an experiment, just trying to set text color to red. Found the class name using Chrome's Developer Tools. (Also modified the buttons, successfully based on an example given on the message board here.)

Text doesn't change to red - what am I missing?

Thanks!

Ed

<apex:page >

<style type="text/css">
.bPageBlock .pbBottomButtons .pbButtonb .btn { 
  color: #808080;
  display: inline;
  float: left;
  font: bold 16px arial, sans-serif;
  height: 24px;
}
</style>

<p style="color: #808080; font-size: 175%; font-weight: bolder; margin-top: 0.3em; margin-bottom: 0.2em">
  DH Interface Designer
</p>

<style type="text/css">
.theflow {
  color: #ff0000;
}
</style>

<div id="theflow">
  <flow:interview name="GP3_FLOW_9_1_12" buttonLocation="bottom" />
</div>

</apex:page><apex:page >

<style type="text/css">
.bPageBlock .pbBottomButtons .pbButtonb .btn { 
  color: #808080;
  display: inline;
  float: left;
  font: bold 16px arial, sans-serif;
  height: 24px;
}
</style>

<p style="color: #808080; font-size: 175%; font-weight: bolder; margin-top: 0.3em; margin-bottom: 0.2em">
  DH Interface Designer
</p>

<style type="text/css">
.theflow {
  color: #ff0000;
}
</style>

<div id="theflow">
  <flow:interview name="GP3_FLOW_9_1_12" buttonLocation="bottom" />
</div>

</apex:page>

Hi i am new to VWF.

How can we display picklist values on screen input fields using dropdown list. I don't want to add them in flow instead i want to retrieve and display from object directly?

for ex:

i have 2 fields Account Name and Account Type.

when user reach this screen he should enter name and select a picklist value from type. and these values should come automatically from Standard Account Type.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Several users have latched on to VWF within our organization, and things were going swimmingly well until the came to me opining that there was no " -- Select One --" as the initial dropdown choice option.  No problem, I thought, just add another choice and put it at the top.

Bummer.  Doesn't look like one can do that without reassigning all of the subsequent choices.  Perhaps just annoying if there are only a handful of choice.  But downright maddening if it's several dozen dropdowns with several of them having >25 options.

Have I just missed something obvious, or is there really no way to reorder choices without reassigning them? 

• August 17, 2012

I am trying to log a call for the agent at the end of my script, but the Comment field does not appear to be available to assign a value to. Is this by design or is it a bug? I really hate having to create a custom comment field just for the script.

i have a flow on account detail page.. it will be intiated via button click from the detailed page....in that flow i have some picklist values defaulted to values called "Yes". I selected "No" from the drop down and updating the record in the flow and completed the process.  Later I opened the flow from the detail page still it is showing the default value but not the value from the current record.. help me out in this?

Hi

I'm using the Desktop Flow Designer. I need to update a checkbox field to TRUE, how can i do that using the "Insert Data Update" functionality?

Thanks

Itay 

Hello

can I use Visual Workflow for field update? (instead of workflow rule field update)

I have a formula field on Product object (product2). But users are not able to search from Account lookup for multiple filters? I am planning on changing to TEXT field and use workflow to update the field.  

Here is the scenario

Product2

Detail1__c (Picklist)  - sample value - 2000

Detail2__c (pick list)  sample value  Family or child

Detail3__c (picklist)   sample value - 0 or 1500

Product_details__C (formula)

TEXT(Detail1__c) + 'Maximum ' +  IF( Text(Detail3__c) !='0' , (', '+TEXT(Detail3__c ) + ' Ortho ' + Text(Detail3__c) + ' Max ' ), NULL)  

result value for product_details__C

2000 Maximum, 1500 Family Ortho

I am looking for suggestion on how I can keep Product_details__c updated properly and make it global searchable?

Thanks for you time.

So I'm pulling my hair out. I've put together a flow in the Desktop Flow Designer, and for some reason I have a Record Lookup allocation which is just not working for some reason.

Here is the section of my flow where the problem is occurring. I have a record lookup, getProfileName2, that is going to a decision, and then on certain conditions, moving to the Form chooseDirector.

Here's the filter for getProfileName2. The variable varClickerProfileID is being passed to the Flow by the custom URL that uses it. I know this is working because I have added a debug line to the Form, displaying the variable when it is run:

But notice the big blank section beneath that ID. I have a second debug line added there to display the variable varClickerProfileName, and it's not showing anything. This variable is supposed to be allocated by the record lookup, like so:

And it's not just the debug line that's not working. The decision decIsDirector that is between the Record Lookup and the Form is supposed to route based on the variable varClickerProfileName, and it is routing incorrectly. It's as if the Record Lookup's allocation is just not working. But it's not faulting either, so it's like it's doing something and pulling no data.

I have tried this with other variables and fields; I attempted to do the same with the boolean PermissionsModifyAllData, with no success. I simply cannot get this Record Lookup to work. I even tried recreating it.

HELP!

In the last screen of my flow, I display the various input fields submitted by the user as a confirmation of what s/he enterred. This screen is preceeded by a Record Create task which posted the data to my custom object. All is well except for the fact that my last screen displays the default buttons of "Previous" and "Finish". How do I remove or hide the Previous button so a user does not make an inadvertent double entry by clicking the Previous button and invoking the Record Create a second time?