• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I am importing one file that files contains one date field to import. After importing that file date field is not importing as it is in csv file, instead it is importing date by less one day to mentioned date ex.- my start date in 9/6/2012 after import it shows 9/5/2012 as start date. I have no formula or any validation rule on that field also my Time zone and locale setting are as per needed.

Can anyone tell what is the issue and how to correct it? 

Thanks.

Hi guys,

I'm new to Salesforce so go easy on me :)

My problem is I'm trying to populate a Lookup Field of a Case before the Case is inserted.

More specifically, I'm trying to populate the Case field "Account Name".

I'm pulling the account name from a String, however, when I run the code below, the Account Name field remains blank.

So I'm assuming that writing to a Lookup Field is different than writing to other fields.

Please tell me how to make this work.

Thanks,

Michael

trigger MapAccountAndContact on Case (before insert, before update) {

String subject;

for(Case myCase : Trigger.new) {
       subject = myCase.Subject;

Boolean fromLMS = subject.startsWith('[TICKET]');

if(!fromLMS)
           continue;

String[] elements = subject.split('-');

myCase.Account = getAccount(elements[3].trim());

myCase.Contact = getContact(elements[4].split(' '));

myCase.Subject = mycase.Account.Name + ' - ' + myCase.Contact.FirstName 
       + ' ' + myCase.Contact.LastName + ' - ' + elements[5];

System.debug(myCase.Account.Name);
       System.debug(myCase.Contact.FirstName + ' ' +     myCase.Contact.LastName);
       System.debug(mycase.Subject);
    }
}

Hello!

I haven't released a Salesforce app yet but will be soon. I've been coding and something I thought of and can't seem to find any information on is auditing. After releasing a product, is there a simple way to view activities on objects? There is the CreatedBy, and LastModifiedBy fields, but I was hoping for finer details such as which user changed this <randomField> or anything similar. Or perhaps a report showing which features of the application they are using the most. I just wanted to know so in future releases I have a way of telling which new features to implement, or which older ones need work on. Basically, is there a way to see metrics on which portions of the app the customer is utilized the most so that in future releases I can determine more easily what to create to make it more successful?

Thank You

• April 19, 2012

Hi, 

I want to create one website like solutions,customers and carrers....   loke some tabs after that when i click on any tab it has to open and  it show the information like that. but data has to store in salesforce.com....

is it posible as a free through salesforce?

Hi,

My requirement is that When a Lead is converted to an Account/Opportunity I want that a field "Industry Type" should have same values..in Account and in Opportunity...

For eg:- If the Industry in Lead is selected as 'Agriculture ' than when it is converted to an Account there also Industry Type shoud be as 'Agriculture' only..

How to go about doing this..!!

Thanks

Hi,

I am working on an Approval Process and I would like to know who has approved or Rejected using Apex code.

Thanks,

Hi,

This must be a silly question, but I am not able to override help link for a standard object (e.g. Opportunity) with a VF page although for custom object it is pretty easy. Kindly help me

Regards

Sankalita

Hi,

Integer i;

Public Integer i;

What is the difference between above two declaration..

Hi,

Can anyone help me with a sample confirmation dialog which can be written without using JavaScript.

Thanks.

Hi,

I am importing one file that files contains one date field to import. After importing that file date field is not importing as it is in csv file, instead it is importing date by less one day to mentioned date ex.- my start date in 9/6/2012 after import it shows 9/5/2012 as start date. I have no formula or any validation rule on that field also my Time zone and locale setting are as per needed.

Can anyone tell what is the issue and how to correct it? 

Thanks.

Hi,

I am studying Salesforce SOQL, when in open the SOQL document from http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Documentation, In Getting Started - it opens document which shows first page as Introduction to SOAP API.

I want to confirm that Am i refrerring right document? If yes then can any one brief what is the main topics that wanted to cover in SOQL study?

Thanks.

Hi guys

Plz help in this requirement

How to divide a vf page into diffrent frames

I've got a change set with two workflows, a custom field, a field update, an email alert, and an email template that I'm trying to deploy.

When I try to validate it prior to deployment, it fails due to an error in one of our test classes.  When one of our other admins tries to validate it, it succeeds.

Any idea what might be causing this discrepancy?

Hi

I am new in salesforce and developed my first app, I have three custom profiles cloned from standard user but when I install the app and I want to assign a custom profile to a user these profiles do not appear neither in drop down list nor in profiles list.

I included them in the package and i don´t know what I'm doing wrong.

Any help will be app appreciated.

can someone help with a popup alert in a custom object once a checkbox box field is ticked .

i am looking to ask the user if they really want to tick the field .

• May 07, 2012

would any one explain me  the effect of    " mode = 'edit ' " attribute in <apex:pageBlock  mode="edit"></apex:pageBlock>

Hello,

I am trying to understand what the real difference is between those two, I have checked other posts but still cannot figure it out.

I thought that the Force.com environment provided just the platform without anything relating to Salesforce standard objects and automation. So I started a Force.com Enterprise trial and actually all the Salesforce stuff is already there, so I don't get it.

There's got to be a difference since the pricings are 125$ per user for SF against 50 for Force.com.

Could someone explain please?

Thank you

Marc

• May 04, 2012

Hi all

How to deploy the appliction to production environment.

any body help  me

Hi All,

I am trying to create a custom button on the Lead object where the following would happen:

If the rep is in a lead list view, they would have the ability to check more than one record/lead and click the custom button, for example - left a voice, and it would update the respective records.

I am not a developer and have no experience writing code or VF pages.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Adam

• May 02, 2012

Hello

I am using a csv file to do an insert/update operation into the salesfroce using the Apex Data loader from command line.

I inserted a record with three columns (one being ID , mapped to the Salesforce ID). 

When i perform an update operation, its throwing out the error saying that ,"Id not specified in an update call"

Did any of you face this issue? I fos could you let me know how to resolve this

thanks

pradeep

• November 15, 2011