• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Well, I'm making a custom chatter integration (I need basically to use different chatter feeds for different parts of an account process) so I started using hashtags to contextualize each vf page.

My issue, (that isn't that bad) is that for me to contextualize I need to do a SOSL query to get the itemfeeds that have this particular hashtag (it changes on each page)  and after I make an insert, it takes arround a minute to about 2-3 so that the new post appears in the find sentence.

Anyone has any idea on how to solve this?

My itemfeed setter (body is set in the vf and I just  add the hashtag of any page)

public void ShareFeedItem() {
        newFeedItem.ParentId = objectId;

if(hashtag != null)
            newFeedItem.Body = hashtag + ' ' + newFeedItem.Body;

newFeedItem.Type = 'TextPost'; 
        insert newFeedItem;
    }

one (of the serveral querys I have (I also use custom objects and opportunities to attach to the feed)

searchList =  [FIND :this.hashtag IN BODY FIELDS RETURNING FeedItem];

this.myFeed = [SELECT Id, ParentId, Parent.name, Type, CreatedById, CreatedBy.name, CreatedDate, IsDeleted, 
                           SystemModstamp, CommentCount, LikeCount, Title, Body, LinkUrl, RelatedRecordId, ContentData,
                           ContentFileName, ContentDescription, ContentType, ContentSize, InsertedById, LastModifiedDate,
                          (SELECT Id, FieldName, OldValue, NewValue FROM FeedTrackedChanges),
                          (SELECT Id, CreatedDate, CreatedById, CreatedBy.Name, CommentBody FROM FeedComments ORDER BY CreatedDate DESC)
                           FROM FeedItem WHERE  ParentId = :this.objectId AND id IN :searchList[0]];

My regards,

Francis.

Hi, I'm new to Salesforce, I'm developing an app and we where thinking in adding chatter as a social message board for users to discuss certain aspects of some instances in my app.

Small recap I'm trying to make,

I add a custom object Projects__c that each one is related to an Account.

In some instances I would like to have the possibility that the users that have view rights to collaborate with the owner and suggest some changes so that the main user can assess them and depending on this make the change or not.

The idea is to have several things to maybe change

In this example  lets say that each project has customers and products and I would want two different message boards to work with this. So I would use a hashtag # to denote the instance of the custom object (Projects__c) and I would like to filter the # for each board.

My question is if I can make this work with the nice implementation of chatter <chatter:feed .... /> so that the look & feel is the same as the salesforce one already established.

Thank you very much.

Well, I'm making a custom chatter integration (I need basically to use different chatter feeds for different parts of an account process) so I started using hashtags to contextualize each vf page.

My issue, (that isn't that bad) is that for me to contextualize I need to do a SOSL query to get the itemfeeds that have this particular hashtag (it changes on each page)  and after I make an insert, it takes arround a minute to about 2-3 so that the new post appears in the find sentence.

Anyone has any idea on how to solve this?

My itemfeed setter (body is set in the vf and I just  add the hashtag of any page)

public void ShareFeedItem() {
        newFeedItem.ParentId = objectId;

if(hashtag != null)
            newFeedItem.Body = hashtag + ' ' + newFeedItem.Body;

newFeedItem.Type = 'TextPost'; 
        insert newFeedItem;
    }

one (of the serveral querys I have (I also use custom objects and opportunities to attach to the feed)

searchList =  [FIND :this.hashtag IN BODY FIELDS RETURNING FeedItem];

this.myFeed = [SELECT Id, ParentId, Parent.name, Type, CreatedById, CreatedBy.name, CreatedDate, IsDeleted, 
                           SystemModstamp, CommentCount, LikeCount, Title, Body, LinkUrl, RelatedRecordId, ContentData,
                           ContentFileName, ContentDescription, ContentType, ContentSize, InsertedById, LastModifiedDate,
                          (SELECT Id, FieldName, OldValue, NewValue FROM FeedTrackedChanges),
                          (SELECT Id, CreatedDate, CreatedById, CreatedBy.Name, CommentBody FROM FeedComments ORDER BY CreatedDate DESC)
                           FROM FeedItem WHERE  ParentId = :this.objectId AND id IN :searchList[0]];

My regards,

Francis.

With the new API 20.0 version, seems like we get access to photos using SmallPhotoUrl and FullPhotoUrl, but seems like i need to have my salesforce session while accessing these images.

I have 2 requirements:

1. Way to download the image (get Image method)

2. Or an external shared image which can be accessed without salesforce session,

Is it possible with new API 20?