• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

When I click on a look up of Contact,

https://na9.salesforce.com/_ui/common/data/LookupPage/lknm=.....  opens.

When I click on the New button, some predefined standard fields appear. I want to add some more custom fields on this layout. Is this possible. If yes, please someone help.

Regards.

Meenakshmi

Hi All,
I want to store image in the form of binary data in salesforce.
When user will try to attach an image, image will be converted to binary data and will be stores as bytes in SF database. 
When user would like to see the image, binary data will be converted to image and will be shown.
Can anyone help.

Hi,

I have 3 input boxes. None of them is mandatory. User can enter value in any of the box and click on Find records button. I understand that dynamic query is the best solution in this scenario. But I am not being able to form accurate query statement. Please suggest me a solution.

Hi,

I have 3 input boxes. None of them is mandatory. User can enter value in any of the box and click on Find records button. I understand that dynamic query is the best solution in this scenario. But I am not being able to form accurate query statement. Please suggest me a solution.

I would like to populate in a child object with a value from a Picklist. I know it isn't available with a cross object formula, however, is there a way to do it with apex code.

Thanks.

Hi,

I am trying to retrive opps created between 01-01-2011 and 06-30-2011.

Select o.CreatedDate, o.Id, o.LastModifiedDate,  from Opportunity o where   o.CreatedDate > '1/1/2011' and o.CreatedDate <  '12/31/2011'order by  o.LastModifiedDate

since createdate is a datetime i get a error saying createdDate is datetime and should not be enclosed in quotes.

Can someone help on how to get this query working

Thanks

Prady

• July 12, 2011

How can i display error message on visualforce page  and i have code i.e for searching name,phone and email in leads .if name already exist then it will populate appropirate name,email and phone ,if suppose name its not there so i want to display info message.Here i have code but i am not getting error message so kindly let me know the solution ASAP. 

Controller:

public class theController {

String searchText;
   List<Lead> results;

public String getSearchText() {
      return searchText;
   }

public void setSearchText(String s) {
      searchText = s;
   System.debug('SEARCHTEXT:'+searcHText);
   }

public List<Lead> getResults() {

if(results == null)
      {
       ApexPages.Message myMsg = new ApexPages.Message(ApexPages.Severity.FATAL, 'my error msg');
      }
   return results;
   }

public PageReference doSearch() {

results = (List<Lead>)[FIND :searchText RETURNING Lead(Name, Email, Phone)][0];

return null;
   }
}

Page:

<apex:page controller="theController">
<apex:messages />
   <apex:form >
      <apex:pageBlock mode="edit" id="block">
         <apex:pageBlockSection >
            <apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
               <apex:outputLabel for="searchText">Search Text</apex:outputLabel>
               <apex:panelGroup >
                  <apex:inputText id="searchText" value="{!searchText}"/>
                  <apex:commandButton value="Go!" action="{!doSearch}"
                                      rerender="block" status="status"/>
               </apex:panelGroup>
            </apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
        </apex:pageBlockSection>
        <apex:actionStatus id="status" startText="requesting..."/>
        <apex:pageBlockSection title="Results" id="results" columns="1">
           <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!results}" var="l"
                               rendered="{!NOT(ISNULL(results))}">
              <apex:column value="{!l.name}"/>
              <apex:column value="{!l.email}"/>
              <apex:column value="{!l.phone}"/>
           </apex:pageBlockTable>
        </apex:pageBlockSection>
      </apex:pageBlock>
   </apex:form>
</apex:page>

Hi,

I want to display the total account records and detail page of those records in visual force page. But i want to display the the records and detail page in visual force page only using visual force page code and  with out using the controller. Any one please help me how to reach the requirement.

Thanks,

Lakshmi.

I assume that the Data Loader is using the API to access salesforce so excluding limits directly in salesforce (triggers, heaps etc etc) is the Data Loader effected by the API limits eg on:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/implementation_considerations.htm?SearchType=Stem#topic-title_request_metering

So if I have 1 user the Data Loader can only make 1,000 calls to salesforce in any 24hr period?

Thanks

Hi sfdc,

How to integrate Tally with saleforce.com.

Thanks,

Ganesh

• February 25, 2010

Hi

I am looking to provide data integration for a client who has Professional Edition.  My experience to date is with Enterprise and Unlimited and it seems there is very little available connectivity options in Prof Ed:

No Web Services API, workflow, outbound messaging or even Data Loader support:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/pdf/datasheets/compare_edition_datasheet.pdf

Please could anyone suggest options to integrate to back office systems; either real-time or batch.

Many thanks in advance.

Paul

Our development and integration with Salesforce has always been against the Enterprise or Unlimited editions.
For a company who only has Salesforce Professional Edition, what additional components would they need to acquire/purchase to be able to use what we've developed against the Enterprise edition?

Would such a customer need to purchase/acquire Web Services API licenses ?

Can we just specify our partner/developer id within the APEX toolkit to access Salesforce components?
The Self-Service Portal Toolkit for PHP 5 is now on sourceforge.net.  Download from https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=96634&package_id=188531

This toolkit makes it easy to embed the salesforce.com Self-Service Portal within an existing PHP web application. It comes with a sample, Berkeley Frozen Pizza, that demonstrates how a web site can authenticate a user and then access the salesforce.com Self-Service Portal seamelessly--all without the need for two sign-ons.

Keep in mind that this is a 0.9.0 release, so feedback is especially welcomed.

Changes in version 0.9.1:
=========================
* Updated to PHP5 toolkit 1.0.5
* Added missing Users.xml

Message Edited by Tran Man on 05-11-2006 03:32 PM