• Member since 2012
  • Josh Dingler

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We are being required by the company to check the setting "Lock sessions to the IP address from which they originated".  However, we have an external application that connects to the system that fails when this box is checked.  Is there any way around via permission set/user/profile/something else for just this one application to connect in this way and everything else cannot?  The application is CASB.

• September 30, 2021
We are testing single sign on.  We have email alerts that go out that have a link to a record in Salesforce.  I have found out that if a user is not logged into Salesforce, either by SSO or normal login.salesforce.com, then the wepage throws an unhandled expection.  Is there something that needs configured on the SSO config page in Salesforce?
  • May 08, 2017

Is there a way to view all of the chatter private messages by using the Apex Data Loader?

• April 25, 2012
We are testing single sign on.  We have email alerts that go out that have a link to a record in Salesforce.  I have found out that if a user is not logged into Salesforce, either by SSO or normal login.salesforce.com, then the wepage throws an unhandled expection.  Is there something that needs configured on the SSO config page in Salesforce?
  • May 08, 2017

Was wondering if someone has successfully accomplished cloning a quote and the related quote line items?  I need it to create a new quote revision without creating a whole new quote with new quote number...just a new revision number.

I am struggling and thought that this task has probaly been done by someone "out there"...

I appreciate your help!!

• September 14, 2011
I'd like to re-open the discussion of SortOrder on the OpportunityLineItem object. A thread from 3.5 years ago can be located here:
http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=general_development&message.id=3154

Looks like people from SF were going to look into it but obviously nothing has come to fruition. The reason I have put this in the Visualforce board is that we have have a few VF applications that could really take advantage of access to this field. Visualforce has also opened up new possibilities to UI design where the ability to manage SortOrder could be useful.

Also, no offense to salesforce.com, but the tool for sorting OpportunityLineItems is not that useful when there are multiple products with the same name. I have actually built a pretty slick sorting application but this is currently useless.

A lot of the concerns were about error handling. What happens if you have 3 line items but sort order is defined as, 1, 2, 2. Or 1, 2, 4. How about just throwing a sortOrder exception and force the developers to write good code?

Ideas? Thoughts?
http://ideas.salesforce.com/article/show/10092062/OpportunityLineItem_SortOrder_to_be_CreatableUpdatable

-Jason

Message Edited by TehNrd on 09-05-2008 01:22 PM
  • September 03, 2008