• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm getting this error message when I try to create a Stream Topic with a simple query:

SELECT CaseNumber, Owner, CreatedBy,Status, EngineeringReqNumber__c from Cases

Error Creating Push Topic:
sObject type 'Cases' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

How do I know which obect supports streaming?  Is there a way to set the object to Streamable?  I can stream the Account object fine.  What's the difference between Account and Cases?

• May 02, 2012

What is the scope of the streaming topic?  Seems like topic is only subscribe-able by client who created it?  How do you make a Stream Topic available to other user within the orginzation to subscribe to the topic?

• May 02, 2012

Just going through the sample describe in Force.com Streaming API developer guide.  I have created the Push Topic and sucessfully tested on Workbench.  Now want to see if I can have external java client to receive the same notification message.

So I get all the jar file and sample code into eclipse.  Changed the user and password.  But cannot seem to get it going.  Keep getting login fail.  What other step do i need to get this example running?

Running streaming client example....
Login Failed!
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:sf="urn:fault.partner.soap.sforce.com" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><soapenv:Body><soapenv:Fault><faultcode>UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION</faultcode><faultstring>UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: Element type &quot;soapenv:Envelope&quot; must be followed by either attribute specifications, &quot;&gt;&quot; or &quot;/&gt;&quot;.</faultstring><detail><sf:UnexpectedErrorFault xsi:type="sf:UnexpectedErrorFault"><sf:exceptionCode>UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION</sf:exceptionCode><sf:exceptionMessage>Element type &quot;soapenv:Envelope&quot; must be followed by either attribute specifications, &quot;&gt;&quot; or &quot;/&gt;&quot;.</sf:exceptionMessage></sf:UnexpectedErrorFault></detail></soapenv:Fault></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>

• April 28, 2012