• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi Guys,

Is thera any way I can got the site url from Apex Code?

I tried Site.getPrefix() , Site.getDomain() and getCurrentSiteUrl. but all of them return null.

Do I need setup some information after the site is ready. 

Thanks in advance.

I have an external application written in RoR that needs to write to and retreive data from an encrypted text field in salesforce. I'm using the databasecom gem. Currently, it appears that i'm able to do both these things without doing anything special (like decrypting the values), that doesn't seem correct to me. Is this right? Is there something unique I need to do when working with encrypted fields via the API?

Thanks.

I'm attempting to follow the article linked here for integrating with Salesforce: https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/omniauth-and-force-com

When I reach the step to run "rails generate controller sessions create", I'm getting an error for multi_json.

"Bundler could not find compatible versions for gem "multi_json": 
In Gemfile: rails (=3.2.3) x86-mingw32 depends on multi_json (~> 1.0) x86-mingw32 
omniauth (=0.2.0) x86-mingw32 depends on multi_json (0.0.5)"

Has anyone else encountered this?

We're looking for a developer for a quick API project. 

We want to use the Salesforce API to create a geckoboard dashboard for lead/opportunity information. This will either be done with using a secure XML feed or with Geckoboards new push API.

More information can be found here: http://docs.geckoboard.com/api/

Please email me if you're interested — Marko@edgecast.com

Thanks,

Marko

I'm new to salesforce and ruby. Is there a helloworld tutorial that someone could point me to? I'm having trouble with the configuration in rails to make the connection to salesforce

I have installed:

ruby 1.9.3p125 (2012-02-16) [i386-mingw32]

Rails 3.2.1

Thanks!

Skip