• 25 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

What feature of the XML metadata implementation allows me to have an identically-named field in two different custom objects? 

For example, I have a field named First_Name__c in two custom objects that I created within the Salesforce application. However, if I use the forceide to copy the same field metadata from one of these custom objects to a third custom object, it causes a naming conflict. I don't see the namespacing mechanism in the custom object metadata. 

I was hoping to create fieldsets that I could copy and paste (copy, not move) to avoid all of the repetitive clicking that attends entering new fields via the application. I have street address fields that need to be entered in three custom objects.

Force.com IDE on OS X crashes constantly on 10.8.2

I've followed various tips, from editing the forceide.ini file to upgrading (version 24). Every time, as in over a dozen attempts, I try to refresh or subscribe to my custom objects, by navigating to project -> properties -> Project Contents, the IDE fails tc complete the task and crashes. The only way I can refresh custom objects is to delete the entire project and reinitialize it. 

Other problems include memory leaks, unresponsive interface components and constant authentication requests.

I'm not having problems with the windows version of Forceide. To be fair, it's possible that I have problems with my Mac's RAM and will try again after I install new memory. At the same time, people have written forum posts about all of my issues on OS X and none of my other applications are crashing. 

I'd be much happier using Textmate just because of the Forceide's memory usage alone. Is there a bundle under active development?

Howdy,

I have the following three custom objects: business_entity_type_A, business_entity_type_B, and property. Either type of business entity can own property but any one property can only be owned by one business entity. Business entities can own multiple properties. Thus Property can be a child of either type of business entity but not both. How do I model this using Master-Detail relationships?

Thanks in advance!

Hail Caesars,

I need to include a checkbox value as a condition in a Workflow Rule. If the checkbox is checked, do it match a value of 'TRUE' or '1'?

Thanks!

Pete

Hail Caesars!

I have a time dependent task that needs to complete three days after an event but preferably not on a Friday or a Monday. What is the best way to tackle this?

Is is possible to build a customer account area using visualforce, where customers can log in with a password and review or download documents associated with their account? I'm trying to ascertain whether it makes the most sense to build this into an existing web application or to use salesforce, where the relevant information ultimately resides.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Howdy,

I have the following three custom objects: business_entity_type_A, business_entity_type_B, and property. Either type of business entity can own property but any one property can only be owned by one business entity. Business entities can own multiple properties. Thus Property can be a child of either type of business entity but not both. How do I model this using Master-Detail relationships?

Thanks in advance!

Mac Mini running OSX 10.5.8

Ok, so I'm getting the

"The eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library"

error that seems to be a bit common.  I had a look online and it said there was a quick fix by adding a line to eclipse.ini (within the .app file) but when I went there with the terminal, the only file I get in within /OSX/ is one called "redirect to install"

Is there someplace else I should be looking?  I'm still not terribly hot with OSX yet, having been raised on PCs, so any other technical advice Re editing or amending file permissions permisions in terminal would help.

Hail Caesars,

I need to include a checkbox value as a condition in a Workflow Rule. If the checkbox is checked, do it match a value of 'TRUE' or '1'?

Thanks!

Pete

Hello,

We are trying to set up the development environment for our developers. The problem is that after the installation the Force.com IDE dows not start.

All we get is an error message from Forceide, I have attached the copied contets of the message. It would be much appreciated if someone could tell us what we need to change to get it running:

---------------------------
Forceide
JVM terminated. Exit code=-1
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
-Xms256m
-Xmx1024m
-XX:PermSize=128M
-XX:MaxPermSize=512M
-Djava.class.path=C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar
-os win32
-ws win32
-arch x86
-showsplash
-launcher C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE\forceide.exe
-name Forceide
--launcher.library C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.200.v20090519\eclipse_1206.dll
-startup C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar
-install C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE
-configuration C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE\configuration
-vm C:\Programme\Java\jre6\bin\client\jvm.dll
-vmargs
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
-Xms256m
-Xmx1024m
-XX:PermSize=128M
-XX:MaxPermSize=512M
-Djava.class.path=C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar
OK  

Best regards,

Till Woerner