• 5 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I set up a new Case queue that will be used to assign cases to a particular team based on the request.  The queue is setup with 'send email to members' as checked so I would think this would automatically email the case team if any cases were assigned to this queue.  But when we go to a case and assign the case to a queue, the 'send notification email' is not checked by default.  But when you change the owner to a user, the checkbox is checked by default.  How do we set this up so that queue members are automatically emailed if something is assigned to their queue?  I can't leave it up to users to always check that box - we'll have some critical cases missed.  Help would be appreciated.  thx

• September 05, 2012

We are using email to case and it's working pretty well.  One issue we are seeing is that if you send in an email with an attachment, the attachment does not get attached to the case (it's just dropped).  Attachments are a big part of our workflow that we need attached to the case -how do we set this up?  thanks

I've set up email to case and have a trigger that assigns the case to a particular queue under certain conditions.  When cases are assigned to this queue, i'd like an email notification to go to the queue members.  I checked the settings in the queue and under Case - Support Settings but can't seem to get emails to automatically send to the queue members.  Any help would be appreciated.  thx

I have a before insert trigger on the Case object.  Under certain conditions, I need to change the owner of the case to a Queue called 'Platinum'.  I need to set x.Owner = <Platinum Queue>.  I assume i have to run a sql statement to get the ID of the 'Platinum' queue and then set x.owner equal to that?       thanks

I have the following test Apex trigger on the Case Object.

trigger setCaseOwner on Case (before Insert)
{
Case x = trigger.new[0];

x.Description = 'TRIGGER FIRED' + User.Id ;
}

I'm trying to get the ID or Alias of the logged in user.  The script below displays TRIGGER FIREDId in the description field of the Case after saving.  I've also tried 'TRIGGER FIRED' + $User.Id and 'TRIGGER FIRED' + x.$User.Id which gives me syntax errors.  what's the easiest way to get information about the logged in user from within an Apex Trigger?

thx

We are starting to use Cases to track customer questions/issues in SalesForce.  By default, the Case Owner is set to the logged in user.  If certain users enter a Case, we want it to automatically be assigned to a Queue (call it TestQueue).  I set up a case assignment rule that looks at 'Case: Case Owner' and if it is equal to myself, it should reassign the case to 'TestQueue'.  I've also tried setting 'Case: Case Owner' is not equal to some dummy value and I can't get the case to automatically be assigned to the queue.   Any guidance would be appreciated.  thx

I have a custom field on my Cases screen called Rel_Mgr.  I'm trying to create a filter on Cases where Rel_Mgr equals <the currently logged in user>.  I've tried setting Rel_Mgr equal $User.Id but it gives me a  'Error: The value $User.Id is only allowed in Mobile Configuration Filters.'  In the filter screens, how do you compare a field to the logged in user?

thanks

We're starting to use Cases to track our interactions with our clients and we rely heavily on the Account Owner field.  On the Cases screen we need to add a field for the Account Owner of the Account that is selected.  We also need the Account Owner to create views/queue's of all cases for each sales person(account owner).  It sounds like this can be done by creating a custom formula field but we can't figure out how to define the formula.  In our custom field, we have Account.Owner which shows the salesforce ID but we're looking for the owner name.

Any guidance would be appreciated.  thx

We are using email to case and it's working pretty well.  One issue we are seeing is that if you send in an email with an attachment, the attachment does not get attached to the case (it's just dropped).  Attachments are a big part of our workflow that we need attached to the case -how do we set this up?  thanks

I've set up email to case and have a trigger that assigns the case to a particular queue under certain conditions.  When cases are assigned to this queue, i'd like an email notification to go to the queue members.  I checked the settings in the queue and under Case - Support Settings but can't seem to get emails to automatically send to the queue members.  Any help would be appreciated.  thx

I have a before insert trigger on the Case object.  Under certain conditions, I need to change the owner of the case to a Queue called 'Platinum'.  I need to set x.Owner = <Platinum Queue>.  I assume i have to run a sql statement to get the ID of the 'Platinum' queue and then set x.owner equal to that?       thanks

I have the following test Apex trigger on the Case Object.

trigger setCaseOwner on Case (before Insert)
{
Case x = trigger.new[0];

x.Description = 'TRIGGER FIRED' + User.Id ;
}

I'm trying to get the ID or Alias of the logged in user.  The script below displays TRIGGER FIREDId in the description field of the Case after saving.  I've also tried 'TRIGGER FIRED' + $User.Id and 'TRIGGER FIRED' + x.$User.Id which gives me syntax errors.  what's the easiest way to get information about the logged in user from within an Apex Trigger?

thx

We are starting to use Cases to track customer questions/issues in SalesForce.  By default, the Case Owner is set to the logged in user.  If certain users enter a Case, we want it to automatically be assigned to a Queue (call it TestQueue).  I set up a case assignment rule that looks at 'Case: Case Owner' and if it is equal to myself, it should reassign the case to 'TestQueue'.  I've also tried setting 'Case: Case Owner' is not equal to some dummy value and I can't get the case to automatically be assigned to the queue.   Any guidance would be appreciated.  thx

I have a custom field on my Cases screen called Rel_Mgr.  I'm trying to create a filter on Cases where Rel_Mgr equals <the currently logged in user>.  I've tried setting Rel_Mgr equal $User.Id but it gives me a  'Error: The value $User.Id is only allowed in Mobile Configuration Filters.'  In the filter screens, how do you compare a field to the logged in user?

thanks

We're starting to use Cases to track our interactions with our clients and we rely heavily on the Account Owner field.  On the Cases screen we need to add a field for the Account Owner of the Account that is selected.  We also need the Account Owner to create views/queue's of all cases for each sales person(account owner).  It sounds like this can be done by creating a custom formula field but we can't figure out how to define the formula.  In our custom field, we have Account.Owner which shows the salesforce ID but we're looking for the owner name.

Any guidance would be appreciated.  thx