• 5 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a problem where I lose standard formatting on a field inside an <apex:actionRegion>. This field has an <apex:actionSupport> component nested inside of it. If I put the actionRegion tags around the entire pageBlock, the formatting stays, but if I put it directly around the field controlling the rerendering, it loses its label and gets aligned all the way to the left. I've tried encasing the whole thing in a pageBlockSectionItem, to no avail. Does anybody know a way around this?

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Breaker Selection" collapsible="false"> <apex:actionRegion >&nbsp; <!-- "Select the Appropriate Breaker" (Picklist) /--> <apex:inputField value="{!Quality_Document__c.Breaker__c}" required="true"> <!-- When the above value changes, the entire page block is rerendered /--> <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" rerender="thePageBlock" /> </apex:inputField> </apex:actionRegion>

..........More Fields........

</apex:pageBlockSection>

I've written an Apex Service that will be called from an inhouse application.  I have a try/catch block that catches any exceptions and returns an error type that I've defined.  I also send an email notification out.  I know you can grab the exception type and message with .getTypeName() and .getMessage(), but how do I get the exception line number?  That would be handy information to send in the error notification email.  If I don't handle the error, the service returns the exception type, exception message, class name, class method, and line number in the faultstring element.  I don't see anything in the Apex documentation that would allow you to access the line number when catching the exception though.  What gives?  Is this available?