• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I've written my first REST API class and now I need to understand how an external application can authenticate with my Salesforce instance and call the class. As I understand it, OAuth presents an actual login screen where someone needs to manually type in credentials, is this correct? If so, it looks like I need to have the external application authenticate via a Session ID.

The REST API documentation mentions "you can use a session ID instead of an OAuth 2.0 access token if you aren't handling someone else's password". I don't understand what this means. Can anyone explain this?

Also, if anyone can share a small snippet of code that authenticates (without a login screen) with SF and calls a REST Apex Class I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks in advance.

Even though I've set Eclipse to use my system default browser (Chrome running on Mac OS X Lion), when I invoke a context menun on an object and select, foro example, Force.com > Show in Salesforce Web, the IDE always launches Firefox instead.

I feel like I'm missing a very simple configuration setting.

How can I configure Force.com IDE to launch Chrome instead of Firefox?

Thanks!

Is oAuth the only means of authenticating to access Apex REST API methods? Is there a way, as in the SOAP API, to provide a user name and password, receive a session ID back and then use that to make susequent calls?

It looks to me from the docs and presentations I've read and seen that oAuth is the only official mechanism, but I hope it's not...

Thanks!

So I figured out how to tell Live Agent to use a custom page... (I think)

But when I switch to using a custom page, and the user initiates a chat from a Chat Button, the user is blocked by an "Authorization Required - You must first log in or register before accessing this page." message. I attempted to adjust the "Security" setting of the page, just adding all the roles to the page, and that didn't work.

So... how exactly do I expose that custom page so that any of our customers/users (i.e. The Public) can communicate via the custom chat page without requiring a login?

Thanks!

The Live Agent Developer's Guide has a section on "Customizing Chat Windows", which is awesome. I'm really glad that we have the ability to build a custom window using Visualforce components and HTML/CSS!

However, there seems to be a piece missing in that section, unless I just missed it. 

The section tells us how to build a custom window but it doesn't seem to indicate how to hook it up to our deployment. Therefore, how do we tell our deployment to use the custom Live Agent Chat Window?

Thanks!

///eks

Is it possible to customize the Contact Details in Live Agent Console?

If so...

• How much can be customized?
  • Is there documentation about how to customize that view? (I really tried, but couldn't locate it!)

Many Thanks!

How does one get Service Cloud console to appear as an app in one's developer sandbox? For some reason, Service Cloud Console is not an app option in our Developer Edition.

We are developing a solution that will be used by our client who is currently using Service Cloud Console so it would be very helpful to develop against a similar environment...

...then more questions about Live Agent and Service Cloud Console! 

Thanks in advance!

But when I switch to using a custom page, and the user initiates a chat from a Chat Button, the user is blocked by an "Authorization Required - You must first log in or register before accessing this page." message. I attempted to adjust the "Security" setting of the page, just adding all the roles to the page, and that didn't work.

So... how exactly do I expose that custom page so that any of our customers/users (i.e. The Public) can communicate via the custom chat page without requiring a login?

Thanks!

Is oAuth the only means of authenticating to access Apex REST API methods? Is there a way, as in the SOAP API, to provide a user name and password, receive a session ID back and then use that to make susequent calls?

It looks to me from the docs and presentations I've read and seen that oAuth is the only official mechanism, but I hope it's not...

Thanks!

Thanks!

The Live Agent Developer's Guide has a section on "Customizing Chat Windows", which is awesome. I'm really glad that we have the ability to build a custom window using Visualforce components and HTML/CSS!

However, there seems to be a piece missing in that section, unless I just missed it. 

The section tells us how to build a custom window but it doesn't seem to indicate how to hook it up to our deployment. Therefore, how do we tell our deployment to use the custom Live Agent Chat Window?

Thanks!

///eks

How does one get Service Cloud console to appear as an app in one's developer sandbox? For some reason, Service Cloud Console is not an app option in our Developer Edition.

We are developing a solution that will be used by our client who is currently using Service Cloud Console so it would be very helpful to develop against a similar environment...

...then more questions about Live Agent and Service Cloud Console! 

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I've written my first REST API class and now I need to understand how an external application can authenticate with my Salesforce instance and call the class. As I understand it, OAuth presents an actual login screen where someone needs to manually type in credentials, is this correct? If so, it looks like I need to have the external application authenticate via a Session ID.

The REST API documentation mentions "you can use a session ID instead of an OAuth 2.0 access token if you aren't handling someone else's password". I don't understand what this means. Can anyone explain this?

Also, if anyone can share a small snippet of code that authenticates (without a login screen) with SF and calls a REST Apex Class I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks in advance.

Hi all

what is difference between sales cloud and service cloud?

I am Unable to understand 

Regards

Linganna

Hi,

I need to write a script to check chat availability.  Is there any documentation to the API that can assist with this?  For our previous system, it was simple to just check the image displayed on the website.  Unfortunately with Live Agent, I can not do the same.

Thanks!

Hi,

I am currently using the Salesforce Live Agent. I have successfully setup the administrator and the operator accounts and am able to establish the chat from a site that is Customer Portal enabled.

What I need is to display the logged in user name and context on the operator console when a chat invite is accepted by the operator. Currently it displays the name as  "visitor:" beside the visitor's message. Can I have the name of the Logged in User here. Also I need the contact associated with the User to be displayed. How do I establish the connection with my salesforce org so that I can achieve this.

I also need to route the chat to the appropriate operator based on certain parameters of the logged in user. Ex I need to route the chat to the account owner of the visitor. I can see only the default routing(based on departments) and a way to route based on their current chat activity. Is there any other way to specify custom routing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,

Hello,

I am creating a VF page in my org BUT I want to be able to expose it (once completed) in any one of my custromers website (not under the Force.com Sites platform).  

The idea is that every customer of mine should be able to see this reservation visualforce page in one of their webpages for their sites. The visualforce page should be able to send information to SF and then retrieve reuslts to which the customer will be able to select one of those results and send it back to SF for creating the custom record.

Imagine a hotel with a reservations component calling to SF to get the available rooms based on user input. Then displaying it in the webpage and sending back the selection from the user for processing in SF. This would resoult in a reservation record created in SF and more workflow to fire off.

I am not sure how to approach this....Any ideas?