• 25 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I use the Excel Connector daily for the same spreadsheet.  Each day when I select "Query Table Data" I get a different reaction.  Sometimes it goes straight through and works perfectly.  Other days I get an error and have to again select "Query Table Data" and enter my password.  How can I get it to react the same way every time it runs.  It doesn't really matter to me but my boss does it on my day off and I'd rather it not give him problems.

Thanks for your help.

AV

I'd like to be able to kick off my query refresh "lights out" using sfQueryAll in a macro, but I still need to enter my password+token to run the query in a new Excel session. Is there a way to call the password+token in the macro so I don't have to enter it manually?

I am trying to associate tasks with their opportunities using the Excel Connector (using Refresh). But the Task query does not include Opportunity ID. It does return a field called opprotunity/account ID, but this does not seem to relate to the opportunity data in any way. I am able to refresh tasks on the Account ID, but this doesn't really give me what I need.

Thoughts?

I use the Excel Connector daily for the same spreadsheet.  Each day when I select "Query Table Data" I get a different reaction.  Sometimes it goes straight through and works perfectly.  Other days I get an error and have to again select "Query Table Data" and enter my password.  How can I get it to react the same way every time it runs.  It doesn't really matter to me but my boss does it on my day off and I'd rather it not give him problems.

Thanks for your help.

AV

I'd like to be able to kick off my query refresh "lights out" using sfQueryAll in a macro, but I still need to enter my password+token to run the query in a new Excel session. Is there a way to call the password+token in the macro so I don't have to enter it manually?

I am currently updating data into salesforce oppertunities using the excel connector professional addition.  I have gotten everything to run perfectly however it is a pretty time comsuming process to do by hand every single time any data needs to be updata ( would be done weekly). 

I am wondering if I can write a macro to automatically call the salesforce excel connector plugin.  I am unable to access the macro's source code and when I try to record the macro then run the addon, all that is displayed in the macro is to select the cell to start in.  Would I have to have access to the salesforce connector to do this??  Also is their a place I am not looking for, in order for me to issue VBA commands to the add-in.

I have several extensive and intricate excel workbooks in a variety of departments involved in developing quotes. I am wanting to connect these excel workbooks to Salesforce for my end user to download the desired information from Salesforce with clicking a button, then upload new information, amending/creating records. Various dataloaders require certain admin skills for successful use. I am wanting to simplify the process to pushing 1 button on the excel workbook. Are there any existing applications?

Trial Professional edition in which API is disabled...Will excel connector can be used to export any standard object data?

Has anyone successfully added in the sforce toolkit and sfdc excel connector within excel 2010?