• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I have the following formula to automatically calculate the end date (start_date__c + 3 month) for all products other than "standard".

However I would like to replace the false IF statement right at the end (null) by [ Month(start_date__c) +12 ] but I get an error message: Error: Incorrect parameter for function 'if()'. Expected Date, received Number

Do you know how to stop getting this error?

Thank you,

if( PricebookEntry.Product2.Name <> "Standard", DATE(YEAR(Start_Date__c),
MONTH(Start_Date__c)+3,
CASE( MONTH(Start_Date__c)+3,
1, 31,
2, IF( MOD( YEAR(Start_Date__c), 4) = 0, 29, 28),
3, 31,
4, 30,
5, 31,
6, 30,
7, 31,
8, 31,
9, 30,
10, 31,
11, 30,
12, 31,
0 )
), null)

• July 02, 2012

Hi,

I created this validation rule on the opportunity to prevent users creating new opps if the account has not passed credit checked. (one of the business rules)

AND(ISNEW(),
true, Account.Credit_Check_Passed__c = false)

It works fine but when converting a lead, this rule prevents from converting.  The "Do not create a new opportunity upon conversion" box is checked by default, and when unckecking it, the validation rule prevents conversion. 

I have been trying to add: AND (ISNEW(), Accountid...... with no luck. How can I make sure that this validation rule only applied when the acocunt is not new. 

Thank you

• June 22, 2012

Hi,

I am trying to create a workflow rule to generate a task when the account address is updated. 

However, tasks should not be created following a lead conversion when the address was blank and a brand new one is added.

I have this formula but it doesn't work... Can you please help? 

AND(NOT(

OR(ISBLANK( BillingCity),ISBLANK( BillingStreet), ISBLANK( BillingPostalCode ),

OR(
ISCHANGED(BillingCity),ISCHANGED( BillingStreet), ISCHANGED( BillingPostalCode )))))

• June 19, 2012

Hi,

I need to create a validation rule to ensure leads can be converted even if the address is incomplete. 

I have a validation rule on the account preventing it to be saved without an address and need to update it to allow leads to still be converted if part of the address is missing.

NOT(ISNEW()),
OR(ISBLANK( BillingCity ),
ISBLANK( BillingStreet ),
ISBLANK( BillingPostalCode))

This formula allows me to converta  lead without a full address but of course doesn't do the job as I can still save an account without an address. 

NOT(OR(
ISNEW(),
or(ISBLANK( BillingCity ),
ISBLANK( BillingPostalCode))))

Can you please assist? 

Thank you!

• June 08, 2012

Hi,

I have the following formula to automatically calculate the end date (start_date__c + 3 month) for all products other than "standard".

However I would like to replace the false IF statement right at the end (null) by [ Month(start_date__c) +12 ] but I get an error message: Error: Incorrect parameter for function 'if()'. Expected Date, received Number

Do you know how to stop getting this error?

Thank you,

if( PricebookEntry.Product2.Name <> "Standard", DATE(YEAR(Start_Date__c),
MONTH(Start_Date__c)+3,
CASE( MONTH(Start_Date__c)+3,
1, 31,
2, IF( MOD( YEAR(Start_Date__c), 4) = 0, 29, 28),
3, 31,
4, 30,
5, 31,
6, 30,
7, 31,
8, 31,
9, 30,
10, 31,
11, 30,
12, 31,
0 )
), null)

• July 02, 2012

Hi,

I created this validation rule on the opportunity to prevent users creating new opps if the account has not passed credit checked. (one of the business rules)

AND(ISNEW(),
true, Account.Credit_Check_Passed__c = false)

It works fine but when converting a lead, this rule prevents from converting.  The "Do not create a new opportunity upon conversion" box is checked by default, and when unckecking it, the validation rule prevents conversion. 

I have been trying to add: AND (ISNEW(), Accountid...... with no luck. How can I make sure that this validation rule only applied when the acocunt is not new. 

Thank you

• June 22, 2012

Hi,

I am trying to create a workflow rule to generate a task when the account address is updated. 

However, tasks should not be created following a lead conversion when the address was blank and a brand new one is added.

I have this formula but it doesn't work... Can you please help? 

AND(NOT(

OR(ISBLANK( BillingCity),ISBLANK( BillingStreet), ISBLANK( BillingPostalCode ),

OR(
ISCHANGED(BillingCity),ISCHANGED( BillingStreet), ISCHANGED( BillingPostalCode )))))

• June 19, 2012

Hi,

I need to create a validation rule to ensure leads can be converted even if the address is incomplete. 

I have a validation rule on the account preventing it to be saved without an address and need to update it to allow leads to still be converted if part of the address is missing.

NOT(ISNEW()),
OR(ISBLANK( BillingCity ),
ISBLANK( BillingPostalCode))

This formula allows me to converta  lead without a full address but of course doesn't do the job as I can still save an account without an address. 

NOT(OR(
ISNEW(),
or(ISBLANK( BillingCity ),
ISBLANK( BillingPostalCode))))

Can you please assist? 

Thank you!

• June 08, 2012