• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

I was wondering what are some of the use cases for an unlisted managed package. What are the pros and cons?
Is it a total nightmare to handle? How do upgrades work with it?

Thanks

Hello,

We are developing an extension package that works with a base package. The base package has visualforce pages. We are adding additional fields in the extension package and need to include these fields in the existing visualforce pages of the base package. I cannot edit the visualforce pages from the managed package in the extension package development org.

My question is do I clone the VF page, add the fields in the page and package the pages in the extension org or is there any other way to do it? I will then have to install the base pkg, install the ext pkg and update the link/configure the org to use the new ext pkg VF page link and discard the base pkg VF page?

Is my assumption correct? Can someone help me verify?
What are some of the best practices/limitations of using VF pages in managed packages?
Hello,

Does anyone know if approval process be packaged in a managed package and installed in a client org? Is it straightforward or do I have to have a workaround?
I am trying to build a business process and approval process seems like a good fit but if it cant be packaged in a managed package and upgraded over time, also important is that the process remains a part of our IP (our managed package) i dont want to go that route!

Any help/thought would be appreciated!
Hi,

I was curious if anyone has any opinion about using typed vs untyped JSON de-serializers in salesforce. What are the pros and cons specially from a ISV or product dev perspective.
Hi,
I am trying to create records in a Custom MetaDataType using https://github.com/financialforcedev/apex-mdapi. But when I create a list to use a method CustomMetadataService.createMetadata I get an error Compile Error: Field is not writeable: NAMESPACE__TestRetention__mdt.DeveloperName at line 53

Here is my code
        List< NAMESPACE__TestRetention__mdt > newList = new List< NAMESPACE__TestRetention__mdt >();
        for(NAMESPACE__TestRetention__mdt s: newList)
        {
            s.developername='New';
            s.label='New';
            s.masterlabel='New';
            s.qualifiedapiname='New';
            newList.add(s);
        }
       CustomMetadataService.createMetadata(newlist); 

How do I create data for inserting it into the method if I cant insert it to a list?
Hello,

I have a apex callout to POST a list of contact records to a amazon aws server. We are testing it in the test environment but I get a Callout error: System.CalloutException: Read timed out - error. Can someone help me?

Here is the code:

HttpRequest req = new HttpRequest();
        HttpResponse res = new HttpResponse();
        Http http = new Http();

req.setEndpoint('callout:EndPoint/process');
        req.setMethod('POST');
        req.setHeader('Content-Type', 'application/json');
        req.setBody(gen.getAsString());
        //req.setBody(test);

req.setCompressed(false); // otherwise we hit a limit of 32000

System.debug('Post Complete');

try {
            if(!Test.isRunningTest()) 
            {
                res = http.send(req);

} 

} 
        catch(System.CalloutException e) {
            System.debug('Callout error: '+ e);
            System.debug(res.toString());
        }
        System.debug('Post response' + res.getBody());

End point is a named credential - http://xxx-xxxx-zcx-1454.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com:2322

Would really appreciate some help. It is my first time writing a callout!
Hi 
I have a simple formula that converts a text to date using DateValue(CustomField__c). It works and shows me the date on the detail page but displays error on the list view. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?
Thanks
Jyoti
Hello All,

Everytime I refresh my sandbox, I start getting this error. Everything is fine in production and other sandboxes but for a new SB this is an issue.
Anybody have any ideas and faced similar issues?

Apex trigger processEnrollmentJSONFeed caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: processEnrollmentJSONFeed: execution of AfterInsert caused by: System.QueryException: Non-selective query against large object type (more than 100000 rows). Consider an indexed filter or contact salesforce.com about custom indexing. Even if a field is indexed a filter might still not be selective when: 1. The filter value includes null (for instance binding with a list that contains null) 2. Data skew exists whereby the number of matching rows is very large (for instance, filtering for a particular foreign key value that occurs many times): Class.processJSONStage.processEnrollmentJSONStage: line 691, column 1

I try and create some external Id's and add conditions to my query .. sometimes it works and same code in another SB does not.

Hello,

I am trying to get Google Analytics Data into Salesforce. Can anyone throw some more light on the process? Has anyone attempted it before? It will be a huge help. The website is a python site integrated with GA. I want to get all the GA data into SF.

Hello,

I am trying to model many to many relationship with Accounts and Contacts. I know there is a concept of Contact Roles in salesforce but It wont work for me as I need to make sure users with certain profiles can create those specific contact roles.

For eg. a Business Development Mgr can only create Contact/Contact Roles as Business Partners and so on ..

Any one has any crazy idea about how to go about doing this?

Currently I am accomplishing this using a custom Junction Object but there is this whole concept of Contact being always associated to a particular account otherwise contacts are always Private. I hope it makes sense.

Thanks

Hi,

We are in the process of configuring a system where we have multiple (3) sfdc orgs set up seperately. We are also in the process of setting up call centers for each seperately with different 1-800 numbers along with CTI Integration.

The same customer service rep is going to be servicing all three orgs for cases at the same time and if he/she will be logging into three different salesforce orgs at the same time he/she will also be logging into the softphone system three times for different sfdc orgs. Will the CTI adapter support that so that he/she can log into all three SFDC orgs/softphone at once and answer/take calls for all 3 orgs depending on the which 1-800 number they came from? Is that possible?

Hope this is not confusing!

Hi All,

I was wondering what are some of the use cases for an unlisted managed package. What are the pros and cons?
Is it a total nightmare to handle? How do upgrades work with it?

Thanks

Hi,

I was curious if anyone has any opinion about using typed vs untyped JSON de-serializers in salesforce. What are the pros and cons specially from a ISV or product dev perspective.
Hello,

I have a apex callout to POST a list of contact records to a amazon aws server. We are testing it in the test environment but I get a Callout error: System.CalloutException: Read timed out - error. Can someone help me?

Here is the code:

HttpRequest req = new HttpRequest();
        HttpResponse res = new HttpResponse();
        Http http = new Http();

req.setEndpoint('callout:EndPoint/process');
        req.setMethod('POST');
        req.setHeader('Content-Type', 'application/json');
        req.setBody(gen.getAsString());
        //req.setBody(test);

req.setCompressed(false); // otherwise we hit a limit of 32000

System.debug('Post Complete');

try {
            if(!Test.isRunningTest()) 
            {
                res = http.send(req);

} 

} 
        catch(System.CalloutException e) {
            System.debug('Callout error: '+ e);
            System.debug(res.toString());
        }
        System.debug('Post response' + res.getBody());

End point is a named credential - http://xxx-xxxx-zcx-1454.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com:2322

Would really appreciate some help. It is my first time writing a callout!
Hello All,

Everytime I refresh my sandbox, I start getting this error. Everything is fine in production and other sandboxes but for a new SB this is an issue.
Anybody have any ideas and faced similar issues?

Apex trigger processEnrollmentJSONFeed caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: processEnrollmentJSONFeed: execution of AfterInsert caused by: System.QueryException: Non-selective query against large object type (more than 100000 rows). Consider an indexed filter or contact salesforce.com about custom indexing. Even if a field is indexed a filter might still not be selective when: 1. The filter value includes null (for instance binding with a list that contains null) 2. Data skew exists whereby the number of matching rows is very large (for instance, filtering for a particular foreign key value that occurs many times): Class.processJSONStage.processEnrollmentJSONStage: line 691, column 1

I try and create some external Id's and add conditions to my query .. sometimes it works and same code in another SB does not.

I am working on an integration with an external application that sends us urlencoded data (content type "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"). I created a POST method without any parameters. According to the documentation, the request should then be loaded into the requestBody property of the RestRequest object. However when I'm testing it, the debug log shows the value of the blob to be "Blob[0]", and converting the blob to a string shows nothing (as in, it's blank, it doesn't say "null"), nor does trying to decode that string. The request isn't being passed into the paramters as all the parameter values are null (as in, they show as "null", they're not blank). The entire class is below, all I'm doing at the moment is logging everything in the Request. What am I doing wrong? How do I make the request show in the blob?

@RestResource(urlMapping='/servicechannel/*')
global without sharing class ServiceChannelWS {
    @HttpPost
    global static void doPost() {
        RestRequest req = RestContext.request;

Map<String, String> headers = req.headers;
        system.debug('Headers');
        for(String s : headers.keySet()) {
            system.debug('Key: ' + s + ' Value: ' + headers.get(s));
        }

system.debug('Method: ' + req.httpMethod);

Map <String, String> params = req.params;
        if(params != null) {
            system.debug('Params');
            for(String s : headers.keySet()) {
                system.debug('Key: ' + s + ' Value: ' + params.get(s));
            }
        }

system.debug('IP Address: ' + req.remoteAddress);

Blob b = req.requestBody;
        if(b != null) {
            system.debug('Body Blob: ' + b);
            String body = b.toString();
            system.debug('Body String: ' + body);
            String msg = EncodingUtil.urlDecode(body, 'UTF-16');
            system.debug('Body Decoded: ' + msg);
        }

system.debug('Request URL: ' + req.requestURI);
    }
}
Hi All,

I have google analytics tracking enabled for a site developed in Site.com. 
Is it possible to display analytics data in a visua force page.
Is there any limitation on it ?

I'm trying to implement a public knowledge base that can be accessed via our web site. I followed the instructions in the Creating a Public Knowledge Base with SFDC Knowledge implementation guide. I created a Force.com site making sure to adhere to the notes about what not to configure prior to installing the PKB 2 app from the AppExchange. The next step in the implementation guide is to configure the PKB Site Set-up Object, however this object is not showing up. The only PKB object options I see are PKB 2 Settings, PKB Article deflection and PKB Featured. I can't go any farther with this set-up until I can access and configure the PKB Site Setup Object. What am I doing wrong here?

Also, I want to be sure that PKB is set-up on the Force.com site, and my users have access.  The site says login not allowed, perhaps I missed something.

Hi there,

We are trying to implement a new custom object to store product defects.  We have 1 requirement we are not sure if it requires customization.  The specific requirement is the following:

- The ability to relate product defects to each other (ie. records within the same object) by selecting existing defects in the system.

- A *single* related list (eg. "Related Defects") on the product defect layout to show all "linked" product defects, eg. if DefectA is linked to DefectB and DefectC, DefectA's related list will show B and C, DefectB's related list will show A and C, and so on.

Can this be done without customization?

thanks

Hi,

I am receiving the following error message while trying to make an HTTP request via Apex class. I have set the relevant site in 'Remote Site Setting'.

Here is the error message:
------------------
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<TITLE>ERROR: The requested URL could not be retrieved</TITLE>
<STYLE type="text/css"><!--BODY{background-color:#ffffff;font-family:verdana,sans-serif}PRE{font-family:sans-serif}--></STYLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>ERROR</H1>
<H2>The requested URL could not be retrieved</H2>
<HR noshade size="1px">
<P>
While trying to retrieve the URL:
<A HREF="http://gateway.onewaysms.com.my:10001/bulktrx.aspx?">http://gateway.onewaysms.com.my:10001/bulktrx.aspx?</A>
<P>
The following error was encountered:
<UL>
<LI>
<STRONG>
Access Denied.
</STRONG>
<P>
Access control configuration prevents your request from
being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if
you feel this is incorrect.
</UL>
<P>Your cache administrator is <A HREF="mailto:support@salesforce.com">support@salesforce.com</A>.

<BR clear="all">
<HR noshade size="1px">
<ADDRESS>
Generated Tue, 25 Jan 2011 08:54:48 GMT by proxy-sin.net.salesforce.com (squid)
</ADDRESS>
</BODY></HTML>

----------------

I have been trying to solve but no use. The URL works fine when I use it in Detail Button- it displays me the correct result. But when I use it in class it shows the above pasted error message.

The apex class is:

url='http://gateway.onewaysms.com.my:10001/bulktrx.aspx?mtid=1101210013461';
Http h = new Http();
HttpRequest req = new HttpRequest();
req.setEndpoint(url);
req.setMethod('GET');
HttpResponse res = h.send(req);
res.getBody();

System.debug(res.getBody()); ----> Here I get the above error message(highlighted in red).

Any suggestion will be highly helpful.

I wanna know is that.... whenever we login in deveolper editon we come across UI which has Home and other tab, i'm want to change thats backgroud color and make it attractive ... Is this possible? and if this future is not present in developer edition , can get this option when I actually develop application for client(Paid Edition).?

Thnks

san

Does anyone know of any way for a developer to provide a managed visualforce page inside a managed package that customers can override with their own visualforce page layout and/or controller logic? The use case is we have an out of the box visualforce page in our managed package that users want to customize to add their own custom fields the as well as add some logic to the page that pre-populates some of the fields when it is loaded based on some logic. While this could easily be done with s-controls or unmanaged code, is there a way to do this using managed code?
  • May 14, 2010