• 75 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello, Presently, in cloud flows, the only object that can display dynamic choices while truly being "required" and making the user make a conscious input decision is the radio button list. Drowndown lists can be "required" but they default to the first dynamic choice, so they don't start out empty and require a user to actually select a value. Is there any way to achieve the same functionality with dropdown lists? I don't particularly like radiobutton lists with 20+ choices taking up a sizable portion of the flow container.

We are using an Apex Plugin to pull data from a rich text field on the VW Script Page (Field name "Script") to display within the visual workflow. It is rendering without the rich text, but is instead displaying the HTML code. How can I resolve this issue?  Also tried pulling without using the plugin, I used a record lookup using a variable and still got html returned instead of the rich text.

I am trying to create a checkbox with field name "Multimedia" in visual flow. When I check the box, i want a text box to apear. I created a choice resource with label "Multimedia". When I check this box i want the output to be a text box(which are "guidelines" for the Multimedia checkbox in my case). This text box contain atleast 300 characters.

How do I use a CSS in my VF page to change the background color of my Flow?

• June 21, 2012

Is there a way to get a dynamic choice to show ALL values that are possible in a picklist without having to have a record with each value or manually creating each choice every time a new picklist value is added?

CASE:

1) Flow_Picklist__c: Values= Good, Bad, Ugly

2) 1 Record with the Flow Picklist filled in with Good.

3) The Dynamic Choice only brings back Good, not bad and/or ugly.

4) I create each of those three picklist values as an individual choice.

5) I add a value to the picklist field

6) that value does not show up in the dynamic choice so I have to manually make that value a choice.

7) repeat steps 5 and 6 over and over again.

Is there a way to not have to do steps 4-7 and make step 3 add all choices?

• June 19, 2012
Hello, Presently, in cloud flows, the only object that can display dynamic choices while truly being "required" and making the user make a conscious input decision is the radio button list. Drowndown lists can be "required" but they default to the first dynamic choice, so they don't start out empty and require a user to actually select a value. Is there any way to achieve the same functionality with dropdown lists? I don't particularly like radiobutton lists with 20+ choices taking up a sizable portion of the flow container.

It appears that a dynamic choice in a dropdown is limited to 200 entries?  Is this really true?  How does one construct an ISO Country Name picklist within such a limit? 

We are using an Apex Plugin to pull data from a rich text field on the VW Script Page (Field name "Script") to display within the visual workflow. It is rendering without the rich text, but is instead displaying the HTML code. How can I resolve this issue?  Also tried pulling without using the plugin, I used a record lookup using a variable and still got html returned instead of the rich text.

i have a flow on account detail page.. it will be intiated via button click from the detailed page....in that flow i have some picklist values defaulted to values called "Yes". I selected "No" from the drop down and updating the record in the flow and completed the process.  Later I opened the flow from the detail page still it is showing the default value but not the value from the current record.. help me out in this?

Hi all,

if I put the Id of an object to a variable and then use that variable to query another object with another lookup I get that if by chance the first variable is empty the result will be some random value from the database.

So How to prevent this happening? any Ideas?

Ciao.

Hi all this may be the most basic thing ever but I am new to flows and have trouble with look ups can never get them to work after multiple attempts :S

What I want to do is;

have a button or a link on my account or opportunity screen that when clicked lets my users update fields that are defined in the flow screens, once they fill in the requirements they click finish and that account or opportunity they clicked the button from is updated with the new details.

I am trying to do this as atm in my business there is lots of change and our company and opportunity screens are very cluttered, if I could do this it would save time drastically and would be extremely helpful in the feature 

Thanks

JR

I have created a custom field under Contacts "Time Zone" which I would like to auto populate when I create an Activity.  When I try to do a field dependency in the Activity, it will not allow me to choose this list.  Is there something I'm doing wrong?  Can you have a dependency on a field in a different tab which will work (Contacts Time Zone to Activity Time Zone)?

Any help woudl be appreciated!

I am trying to create a checkbox with field name "Multimedia" in visual flow. When I check the box, i want a text box to apear. I created a choice resource with label "Multimedia". When I check this box i want the output to be a text box(which are "guidelines" for the Multimedia checkbox in my case). This text box contain atleast 300 characters.

Is there a way to get a dynamic choice to show ALL values that are possible in a picklist without having to have a record with each value or manually creating each choice every time a new picklist value is added?

CASE:

1) Flow_Picklist__c: Values= Good, Bad, Ugly

2) 1 Record with the Flow Picklist filled in with Good.

3) The Dynamic Choice only brings back Good, not bad and/or ugly.

4) I create each of those three picklist values as an individual choice.

5) I add a value to the picklist field

6) that value does not show up in the dynamic choice so I have to manually make that value a choice.

7) repeat steps 5 and 6 over and over again.

Is there a way to not have to do steps 4-7 and make step 3 add all choices?

• June 19, 2012

I'm using Flow Designer to model a process that will be invoked from a public site. I've created two different pages that utilize the same flow - the pages are more or less the same, but they are designed for two different constituencies.

Is there a way for the flow itself to lookup, or in some way determine the page that invoked the flow?

I would like to track which page was used for reporting purposes.

I have watched the tutorial by Varadarajan Rajaram on the Cloud Flow Designer and read countless discussions and documents.  I am missing a step when setting up Dynamic Choice Selections.  When I "Create a Choice" I select the standard object Contact. (With in Contact I have 2 record types: General and Resource). The designer then pops up "that meets the following criteria". I see this as a filter and was hoping to select Contact Record Type EQUALS Resource. However I don't have that option so I select resource RecordTypeID EQUALS and my only option are "Screen OutPut Fields", "Global Constant", and "System", I do not know what to select here and the why behind selecting it.  In addition, if I select "Global Constant" the only option is, {!$GlobalConstant.EmptyString}.  That's the first problem.

Second Problem:

Under Additional Options, Assign the record fields to variables to reference them in your flow, when I select a resource there are never any options in the second field, no matter what resource I select or the combination of resources from above either.  Further, if I manually enter something like {!vResName} it just goes blank and wont let me save?

I would appreciate any guidance or reference to detailed tutorials or documentation on creating Dynamic Choice selections in Cloud Dynamic Flow.

Thank you!

What is the best method to create questions for checkbox Data type fields in flow? The "Yes/No" option isn't available in the cloud designer. Thanks

• January 31, 2012