• 110 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am trying to create a validation rule for "Call Results' field on the task page layout.

How do I write the validation rule to include all listed below? Here is the formula I have so far:

OR ( 
(NOT(REGEX("Not Left Voicemail", CallDisposition ))), 
(NOT(REGEX("Left Voicemail", CallDisposition ))) 
)

The acceptable entries for the text  field are:

• Busy
  • Left Voicemail
  • Left Live Message
  • Wrong Number
  • No Answer
  • Contact
  • Correct Contact
  • Set Callback
  • Transfer

Thanks. 

I am trying to create a validation rule for "Call Results' field on the task page layout. The acceptable entries for the text  field are:

• Busy
  • Left Voicemail
  • Left Live Message
  • Wrong Number
  • No Answer
  • Contact
  • Correct Contact
  • Set Callback
  • Transfer

How do I write the validation rule to include all listed above? Here is the formula I have so far:

OR ( 
)

Thanks. 

I am trying to integrate OpenStreet Map with in Visualforce page . For that I have created Oauth setting in OpenStreet Map . Now Can somedody tell me how can I call that map inside visualforce.

Regards,

Neha

Hi everyone,

I have modified the Opportunity object and I have created 2 views:

ViewTypeA: return me all the Opportunity of a certain customType__c = "ExampleA"

ViewTypeB: return me all the Opportunity of a certain customType__c = "ExampleB"

Now when I'm on the view I can still access to the button "New Opportunity". When I click on the button I would like to display 2 types of New Opportunity windows depending of the view where the user is from.

Now I have already override the new behavior.

I want to know if it's possible to know which view was selected by using before clicking on new?

Thanks

Sylvain

I am trying to create a validation rule for "Call Results' field on the task page layout.

How do I write the validation rule to include all listed below? Here is the formula I have so far:

OR ( 
)

The acceptable entries for the text  field are:

• Busy
  • Left Voicemail
  • Left Live Message
  • Wrong Number
  • No Answer
  • Contact
  • Correct Contact
  • Set Callback
  • Transfer

Thanks. 

I am trying to create a validation rule for "Call Results' field on the task page layout. The acceptable entries for the text  field are:

• Busy
  • Left Voicemail
  • Left Live Message
  • Wrong Number
  • No Answer
  • Contact
  • Correct Contact
  • Set Callback
  • Transfer

How do I write the validation rule to include all listed above? Here is the formula I have so far:

OR ( 
)

Thanks. 

Hello,

I have written my logic in one trigger i want to write seperate apex class and call that apex class from trigger.

Regards,

Neha

I have a simple page set up to take in candidate data, and it works perfectly fine. But when save is clicked, it moves me from http://pjl-developer-edition.na15.force.com/ExternalSurvey to http://pjl-developer-edition.na15.force.com/ExternalSurvey/a00i0000005BYLR  and then I get the Authorization Required  error. The records on the candidate database are still updated and the new information is added perfectly well. How do I get this to save and just clear the data and stay on the page, or change the redirect to go to a thank you page that would be publicly available? Code is below! This is my first post so im not quite sure how to get it in a "code box" , sorry about that! Thanks

<apex:page standardController="Candidate__c"  >

<apex:form >

<h1>

First Name: <br/>

<apex:inputField value="{!Candidate__c.First_Name__c}" />

<br/><br/>

Last Name:<br/>

<apex:inputField value="{!Candidate__c.Last_Name__c}" />

<br/><br/>

Email: <br/>

<apex:inputField value="{!Candidate__c.Email__c}" />

<br/><br/>

Phone:<br/>

<apex:inputField value="{!Candidate__c.Phone__c}" />

<br/><br/>

School:<br/>

<apex:inputField value="{!Candidate__c.School__c}" />

<br/><br/>

GPA:<br/>

<apex:inputField value="{!Candidate__c.GPA__c}" />

<br/><br/>          

</h1>

<apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Save record"/>

<br/>

<apex:commandButton action="Cancel" value="Cancel"/>

<br/>

</apex:form>           

</apex:page> 

I am trying to integrate OpenStreet Map with in Visualforce page . For that I have created Oauth setting in OpenStreet Map . Now Can somedody tell me how can I call that map inside visualforce.

Regards,

Neha

Hi everyone,

I have modified the Opportunity object and I have created 2 views:

ViewTypeA: return me all the Opportunity of a certain customType__c = "ExampleA"

ViewTypeB: return me all the Opportunity of a certain customType__c = "ExampleB"

Now when I'm on the view I can still access to the button "New Opportunity". When I click on the button I would like to display 2 types of New Opportunity windows depending of the view where the user is from.

Now I have already override the new behavior.

I want to know if it's possible to know which view was selected by using before clicking on new?

Thanks

Sylvain

Hi

Im querying list of records from an object with fields Name,value1__c,value2__c.

I m not using any wrapper class to build this list.

and displayed all the data in pageblock table.

Here i need to add one more column to the existing pageblock table there i want to add the value1__c and value2__c and want to show in a new field.

When i am adding this with a merge field these two values are going to concate instead of addition like below

10 20 10+20

But i want

10 20 30

Any idea!

We have a workflow that adds 7 months to our opportunity close date. The formula has been in place for a little over 2 years now. But it seems that once the resulting date is > 02/28/2014, we now get errors during conversion stating we're inserting a invalid date (I've had to turn off this workflow).

I've also created a stand alone formula field to test the formula and I'm getting the #Error! Message in the field.

Anyone else having issues with formulas that calculate past 02/28/2014 (Leap year....).

Formulas I've tried:

IF(MONTH(TODAY())< 7,DATE(MONTH(TODAY())+7,DAY(TODAY()),YEAR(TODAY())),DATE(MONTH(TODAY())+7,DAY(TODAY()),YEAR(TODAY())+1))

DATE(YEAR( Date_Created__c) , MONTH(Date_Created__c) + 7 , DAY(Date_Created__c) )

IF(Month(TODAY())<7,(DATE(YEAR(TODAY()), 
MONTH(TODAY())+7,DAY(TODAY()))), 
(DATE(YEAR(TODAY()) + 1, MONTH(TODAY()) - 5,DAY(TODAY()))))

DATE( YEAR(TODAY()) , (MONTH(TODAY()) + 7), DAY(TODAY()))

What does work is CreatedDate + 212 (or any number greater than 7 months) which gets us close, but doesn't meet the business requirement.

Thanks.

I would like to create a custom button in the Contact detail page that when we click on it, it sends an email template capturing the information of that paricular contact.

How can I do this? Any code would be very much appreciate it!

Thanks!

Hi,

I have a related list with a "new" button that currently takes the user to a custom VisualForce page when the button is clicked.  The user now wants me to perform a validation to determine if they should be taken to the custom VisualForce page or an error message should be displayed.  Any and all help with this issue is appreciated.

Thanks,

Vibrate

This is Bhaskar i am practicing SFDC i want to learn SFDC

How to use batch apex i am using this below code just copy and paste in apex classes page and runs it >  it did not save

Apex Class Edit  

Error: Compile Error: Invalid type: CustomAccountIterable at line 3 column 19

error is came please any send how to use batch apex when we use batch apex to my mail id

:: bhaskar.anumolu@gmail.com::

global class batchClass implements Database.batchable{
   global Iterable start(Database.BatchableContext info){
       return new CustomAccountIterable();
   }     
   global void execute(Database.BatchableContext info, List<Account> scope){
       List<Account> accsToUpdate = new List<Account>();
       for(Account a : scope){
           a.Name = 'true';
           a.NumberOfEmployees = 70;
           accsToUpdate.add(a);
       }
       update accsToUpdate;
   }     
   global void finish(Database.BatchableContext info){     
   }
}

Hi with useing <apex:repeat> trying to display accounts with associated contacts on VF page,but in controller i'm writing an relationship query as mentioned in controller.

Error:Compile Error: unexpected token: 'Select' at line 7

VF:

<apex:page controller="AsFive" sidebar="false" tabStyle="Account">
<apex:form >
<apex:message />
<apex:sectionHeader title="AssignmentFive"/>
<apex:pageBlock title="Accounts with assoicated Contacts"></apex:pageBlock>
<apex:repeat value="{!list}" var="acc">
<apex:pageBlockSection title="{!acc.name}">
<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!acc.contact}" var="con">
<apex:column value="{!con.Firstname}"/>
<apex:column value="{!con.Lastname}"/>
</apex:pageBlockTable>
</apex:pageBlockSection>
</apex:repeat>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

Controller class

public class AsFive {
//Constructo method called
public AsFive(){
ApexPages.addmessage(new ApexPages.message(ApexPages.severity.WARNING,'this page was created with only one query'));
}
public List<Account> getList() {
return [Select Name,Id (Select Firstname, Lastname FROM contacts) FROM Account order by Name];
}
}

Summer '13 has a long awaited feature of mine - Cross-Object Owner Formulas.  As a developer, I can't count the number of times that I have written a trigger on objects for clients to populate a custom user lookup so they could use it in formula fields.  Almost every sObject has the owner field but it's polymorphic, meaning it can point to a queue or user. This presented Salesforce.com with a problem in their data model using formulas.  For instance, if Salesforce.com allowed you to reference Owner.FirstName and the owner was a queue, you would receive a runtime exception. Now there is native support for using cross-object formulas for all Owner fields.  The syntax is slightly different than normal.  For instance, the syntax to show a custom field from the User object would be Owner:User.MyCustomField__c.  You can also determine if the record is owned by a queue in a validation rule ISBLANK(Owner:User.Id). 

What new features are you excited about in the upcoming release?

Hi !

I would like to create a formula field, that would contain a hyperlink, poining to a related objects list view in the same page.

For example, adding a custom formula field to an Account object, that would contain a hyperlink pointing to the related Opportunity objects list.

I see that the link is of the form AccountId#AccountId_Opportunity['AccountId'].Id, but it is not possible to put this in a Formula field, as Account object does not have an Opportunity field.

Thank you !

I could use some help from the assembled wisdom here.

I understand how what is visible in the "hover" boxes is edited. I have no problem adding fields from the associated records onto hover details. However I cannot get related lists information to show up in the hover boxes. I have selected the checkboxes I want displayed (in this case say it's Activities), along with the checkboxes inside "Activities," and "Activities" is still visible and on the page layout as a related list, and yet they don't show up in the hover boxes.

Is there something I am doing wrong? I literally walked through the SalesForce provided help file step-by-step and I can't figure out why they won't work.

Help!
  • February 22, 2013