• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi

I have waited a while before posting this issue, with the hope that I could have resolved it on my own, however without any success I must ask the guru's.

I am overiding a standard contact page, by checking the type of profile.  after all profiles have been checked the snippet below is called at the end of the redirect method.

if(pageRef == null)
      {
          pageRef = ApexPages.currentPage();  

}

This has worked before, but stopped working after the winter update at least its what I assume.

I have already tried to create minimalistic pages with the least apex markup, but it still does not work. below is a screen shot of the contact page thats loaded after redirecting.

Any tips would be appreciated..

Thx

I have looked at most examples that fall into the Insufficient Privileges category and I have found none that is identical to my situation.

What I did is overide the standard contact page (View) with my custom visualforce page.  I can allow who see's this page and this is not my problem.

Is their a way that I can load the normal Contact View  to uses who do not have permission ?  Instead I always get the error.

Insufficient Privileges
You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary.
  • September 10, 2012

I am very new to apex and I am trying to learn it on my own, I have been trying to create a webservice from my wsdl file, but i get the error below.

The following generated class(es) have compilation errors: Error: xserver

Error: unexpected token: 'Select' at 748:46.

After reading I have found out that select is a keyword. The select keyword is in my method:

here is a snippet of my wsdl. And most of my class names also include this is there any advice or tips for solving this because changing the webservice

would be a major issue. 

public xserver.SelectResult Select (String tXqlQuery) {
            xserver.Select_element request_x = new xserver.Select_element();
            xserver.SelectResponse_element response_x;
            request_x.tXqlQuery = tXqlQuery;
            Map<String, xserver.SelectResponse_element> response_map_x = new Map<String, xserver.SelectResponse_element>();
            response_map_x.put('response_x', response_x);
            WebServiceCallout.invoke(
              this,
              request_x,
              response_map_x,
              new String[]{endpoint_x,
              'http://XServer/Select',
              'http://XServer/',
              'Select',
              'http://XServer.nl/',
              'SelectResponse',
              'xserver.nl.SelectResponse_element'}
            );
            response_x = response_map_x.get('response_x');
            return response_x.SelectResult;
        }

Thanks

Jamil

Hi

I am very new with visualforce development, and I decided to learn by trying a weather webservice, however  what it returns

is a string, that looks like XML. I have no clue how to parse this. I have already found out that I must create a new class to capture it.

I would appreciate any tips or hints.

Below is what it returns.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?> <CurrentWeather> <Location>Eindhoven, Netherlands (EHEH) 51-27N 005-25E 28M</Location> <Time>Jul 04, 2012 - 06:55 AM EDT / 2012.07.04 1055 UTC</Time> <Wind> from the S (180 degrees) at 5 MPH (4 KT):0</Wind> <Visibility> greater than 7 mile(s):0</Visibility> <SkyConditions> overcast</SkyConditions> <Temperature> 73 F (23 C)</Temperature> <DewPoint> 57 F (14 C)</DewPoint> <RelativeHumidity> 56%</RelativeHumidity> <Pressure> 29.91 in. Hg (1013 hPa)</Pressure> <Status>Success</Status> </CurrentWeather>

Hi

I have waited a while before posting this issue, with the hope that I could have resolved it on my own, however without any success I must ask the guru's.

I am overiding a standard contact page, by checking the type of profile.  after all profiles have been checked the snippet below is called at the end of the redirect method.

if(pageRef == null)
      {
          pageRef = ApexPages.currentPage();  

}

This has worked before, but stopped working after the winter update at least its what I assume.

I have already tried to create minimalistic pages with the least apex markup, but it still does not work. below is a screen shot of the contact page thats loaded after redirecting.

Any tips would be appreciated..

Thx

I have looked at most examples that fall into the Insufficient Privileges category and I have found none that is identical to my situation.

What I did is overide the standard contact page (View) with my custom visualforce page.  I can allow who see's this page and this is not my problem.

Is their a way that I can load the normal Contact View  to uses who do not have permission ?  Instead I always get the error.

Insufficient Privileges
You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary.
  • September 10, 2012

I am very new to apex and I am trying to learn it on my own, I have been trying to create a webservice from my wsdl file, but i get the error below.

The following generated class(es) have compilation errors: Error: xserver

Error: unexpected token: 'Select' at 748:46.

After reading I have found out that select is a keyword. The select keyword is in my method:

here is a snippet of my wsdl. And most of my class names also include this is there any advice or tips for solving this because changing the webservice

would be a major issue. 

public xserver.SelectResult Select (String tXqlQuery) {
            xserver.Select_element request_x = new xserver.Select_element();
            xserver.SelectResponse_element response_x;
            request_x.tXqlQuery = tXqlQuery;
            Map<String, xserver.SelectResponse_element> response_map_x = new Map<String, xserver.SelectResponse_element>();
            response_map_x.put('response_x', response_x);
            WebServiceCallout.invoke(
              this,
              request_x,
              response_map_x,
              new String[]{endpoint_x,
              'http://XServer/Select',
              'http://XServer/',
              'Select',
              'http://XServer.nl/',
              'SelectResponse',
              'xserver.nl.SelectResponse_element'}
            );
            response_x = response_map_x.get('response_x');
            return response_x.SelectResult;
        }

Thanks

Jamil

Hi

I am very new with visualforce development, and I decided to learn by trying a weather webservice, however  what it returns

is a string, that looks like XML. I have no clue how to parse this. I have already found out that I must create a new class to capture it.

I would appreciate any tips or hints.

Below is what it returns.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?> <CurrentWeather> <Location>Eindhoven, Netherlands (EHEH) 51-27N 005-25E 28M</Location> <Time>Jul 04, 2012 - 06:55 AM EDT / 2012.07.04 1055 UTC</Time> <Wind> from the S (180 degrees) at 5 MPH (4 KT):0</Wind> <Visibility> greater than 7 mile(s):0</Visibility> <SkyConditions> overcast</SkyConditions> <Temperature> 73 F (23 C)</Temperature> <DewPoint> 57 F (14 C)</DewPoint> <RelativeHumidity> 56%</RelativeHumidity> <Pressure> 29.91 in. Hg (1013 hPa)</Pressure> <Status>Success</Status> </CurrentWeather>