• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I have modified some out of the box Cases view list and layouts, I have also added some values to a custom picklist.

Then I create a new package and install it into another org (an update of the same package). The thing is that those modifications didn't take effect in the org where I had installed the package.

2 questions:

Is this right ?

Is it possible to include these modifications in a package and so update the cases components of the other org ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi !

I would like to perform a SOSL and search for the string "????".

By reading the doc I understood I have to escape it and surround it with doble quotes

string searchString = '"\\?\\?\\?"';
string s = 'FIND \''+ searchString +'\' IN ALL FIELDS RETURNING Case(Id,Subject,Description,LastModifiedDate,Status,Priority WHERE IsClosed = false ORDER BY LastModifiedDate DESC) LIMIT 100';

List<List<SObject>> auxSearchList = new List<List<SObject>>();

As a result I'm getting "Invalid string literal '\?\?\?'. Illegal character sequence '\?' in string literal"

I have also tries with :

'\?\?\?'

'???'

... and other combinations, but I get different errors like "search term must be longer than one character: ???"

Thanks in advance.

For some reason this query is not working:

Select RelatedSobjectId.id, CategoryNodeId.name Id From CategoryData

...where RelatedSobjectId is the Solution object, I cannot get data from CategoryNodeId using the dot notation neither.

Do you know why ?

Hi,

I have a Customer Portal. One of my profiles has the option "Show Customer Sidebar On All Pages" checked. By having this, users with this profile are able to access custom components, so when they navigate to Ideas or Cases, these custom components are shown on the sidebar.

The problem is with Answers page. For some reason my custom component is not rendered.

Do you know how could I render custom components on Answers page ?

Thanks in advance. 

When you create a category (Categories standard field, type: MultiselectPicklist) in Idea standard object, you define the community where the category belongs to.

Currently I'm using...

Schema.DescribeFieldResult ideaCategories = Idea.Categories.getDescribe();
for (Schema.Picklistentry picklistEntry: ideaCategories.getPicklistValues()){
   System.debug('---------- value = '+pickListEntry.getValue());               
}

... to get each Categories value

How could I get the community of each Categories option ?

I'm just trying to get the multiselect options filtered by per Community

When you create a category (Categories standard field, type: MultiselectPicklist) in Idea standard object, you define the community where the category belongs to.

Currently I'm using...

Schema.DescribeFieldResult ideaCategories = Idea.Categories.getDescribe();
for (Schema.Picklistentry picklistEntry: ideaCategories.getPicklistValues()){
   System.debug('---------- value = '+pickListEntry.getValue());               
}

... to get each Categories value

How could I get the community of each Categories option ?

Hi,

I have modified some out of the box Cases view list and layouts, I have also added some values to a custom picklist.

Then I create a new package and install it into another org (an update of the same package). The thing is that those modifications didn't take effect in the org where I had installed the package.

2 questions:

Is this right ?

Is it possible to include these modifications in a package and so update the cases components of the other org ?

Thanks in advance.

For some reason this query is not working:

Select RelatedSobjectId.id, CategoryNodeId.name Id From CategoryData

...where RelatedSobjectId is the Solution object, I cannot get data from CategoryNodeId using the dot notation neither.

Do you know why ?

My challenge is understanding the data relations to be able to write a SOQL query to pull records that are the valid Categories assigned to a Community for Ideas created in a Community.

Has anyone 'out there' already done this and would be willing to share a code snippet of the SOQL query?

I don't have a problem with the Apex code to create the List<SelectOption> and assign it as the value of the <apex:selectList>. I just cannot seem to figure out the data relations between Community, Idea and Category.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

Here's snippet of the UI definition. It might with understanding what I'm trying to do:

<apex:outputPanel >
                        <apex:selectList style="height: 340px" value="{!InternalCategoriesSelected}" multiselect="true">
                            <apex:selectOptions value="{!InternalCategoryItems}"/>
                        </apex:selectList>
                    </apex:outputPanel>
                    <apex:outputPanel >
                        <apex:selectList style="height: 340px" value="{!CustomerCategoriesSelected}" multiselect="true">
                            <apex:selectOptions value="{!CustomerCategoryItems}"/>
                        </apex:selectList>
                    </apex:outputPanel>

I'm trying to dynamically populate the "InternalCategoryItems" and "CustomerCategoryItems" lists with Category values based on the results of a SOQL query that pulls the valid Categories for those two Communities.

--Mike McAllister

HI,

I would like to know is there any option to get the solution category for the solution in solution custom fields by using formula fields or any thing.

And also can we write triggers for categorynode/categorydata objects in salesforce.

• May 03, 2012

Hi There,

I am trying to fill a PageBlockTable with some Solution records but I need to include the Selected Solution Category. I realize that this is a one to many relationship from Solution to Category an that there is a Junction object called CategoryData that in turn links to CategoryNode for the Category name. How can I link to this with a SQOL query? Here's my attempt:

public PageReference doSearch()
{
    sql = 'SELECT Id, SolutionNumber, SolutionName, TimesUsed, CategoryData__r.CategoryNode__r.MasterLabel FROM Solution WHERE (SolutionName LIKE \'test'%\'')';
    List<sObject> L = Database.query(sql);
    return null;
}

I get this error:

Visualforce Error

System.QueryException: Didn't understand relationship 'CategoryData__r' in field path. If you are attempting to use a custom relationship, be sure to append the '__r' after the custom relationship name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names. 

Thank you!

Hi

I am working with the Customer Portal,I have developed a VF Page to get the Solutions depending on the

Soluiton Category selected,It worked in my Dev box but in Customer Portal I got this Error

No such column 'Id' on entity 'CategoryNode'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names. 

I am unable resolve this,is it not possible to query on CategoryNode in Customer Portal.If any one know about this,

Please help me....

Thanks