• 5 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm using a lookup field in a custom object. When the enhanced lookup is turned on for the referencing object, it stops returning results. However it works when the enchanced lookup is turned off. 
The enhanced lookup was working before the Summer'15 release. So is it anything related to the release update?
The log on my developer console stoped to record activities.
I ran a Apex Code on the anonyms window last time when I had the same issue, and it fixed the issue (I read this on a forum). But not this time.
Can anyone help me fix it?
I'm using Change Sets to deploy an APEX Trigger into Production from a full Sandbox. After successfully uploading the trigger along with the test class into the production I ran a validation on the componets and got the following error.

User-added image

TestSchedule.testScheduleDelete() Class 15  Failure Message: "System.AsyncException: The Apex job named "Nightly Order Delete" is already scheduled for execution.", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.ScheduleDelete.start: line 15, column 1 Class.TestSchedule.testScheduleDelete: line 91, column 1"

This Apex Job has got nothing to do with the trigger i'm trying to deploy. Do I need to delete all scheduled jobs before I import a custom apex trigger or class into production?

Is there a way I can disable the schedule jobs or than deleting it?

Hi, I want to retrieve only 10 records at a time using pageblocktable. Do i have to use a List for that? Any sample code is appreciated. Thanks. 
I'm using a lookup field in a custom object. When the enhanced lookup is turned on for the referencing object, it stops returning results. However it works when the enchanced lookup is turned off. 
The enhanced lookup was working before the Summer'15 release. So is it anything related to the release update?
The log on my developer console stoped to record activities.
I ran a Apex Code on the anonyms window last time when I had the same issue, and it fixed the issue (I read this on a forum). But not this time.
Can anyone help me fix it?
If there are multiple error messages to be shwon under the apex page messages then the first message is shown twice. 
It is only reporducible on winter 15. The same code executes fine on Summer 14. 

Here the is the screenshot of the issue . 

Screenshot for the error
I'm using Change Sets to deploy an APEX Trigger into Production from a full Sandbox. After successfully uploading the trigger along with the test class into the production I ran a validation on the componets and got the following error.

User-added image

TestSchedule.testScheduleDelete() Class 15  Failure Message: "System.AsyncException: The Apex job named "Nightly Order Delete" is already scheduled for execution.", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.ScheduleDelete.start: line 15, column 1 Class.TestSchedule.testScheduleDelete: line 91, column 1"

This Apex Job has got nothing to do with the trigger i'm trying to deploy. Do I need to delete all scheduled jobs before I import a custom apex trigger or class into production?

Is there a way I can disable the schedule jobs or than deleting it?

I'm overriding the create new case record by creating a new VF page, and if the creator is internal then make him select the record type.  However the VF page gives me the 'Expression value does not resolve to a field' error when I added the recordtype field onto the page.

This is what I did on the VF page:

<apex:form >
      Select a Record Type:&nbsp; <apex:inputField value="{!Case.RecordType}"/>
  </apex:form> 

What did I do wrong?

TIA,

D

Hi,

I have two custom objects 'Contact__c' and 'Gift_Aid__c' where a Contact object can have multiple Gift Aid records.

A look up relation has been created from 'Gift_Aid__c' on 'Contact__c'.

I have  a VF page where I am using the fields of both the objects. When I save the page, a Contact and a Gift Aid record associated with the contact needs to be created.

Can anyone please provide me a sample controller code for the above scenario.

Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Hi All,

I have some long text area fields in my VF page which is using Standard controller and extension.

I am using Standard save method in the action for Saving the record.

The long text area fields have character limit of 10000.

When I enter more than 10000 characters in the field and click Save, I am getting the following error message twice

"You can't use more than 10,000 characters"

I am not using pagemessage tag and there is no validation rule also.

This is happening in the sandbox instance which was recently refreshed with the new winter release 11.

Initially I thought there is some problem in the controller. So I tried to have only one field in the page with only Standardcontroller and no extension. Still it displays the error message twice.

Following is the code I am having in my VF page.

<apex:page standardController="Case" apiVersion="20">
<apex:form >
      <apex:pageBlock >
          <apex:pageBlockSection title="Problem Description Notes" id="pbs1" columns="1">
               <apex:inputField value="{!Case.Problem_Description__c}" style="width:300px"/>
          </apex:pageBlockSection>
      <apex:commandButton value="UpdateCase" action="{!Save}"/>
      </apex:pageBlock>

</apex:form>

</apex:page>

I am not getting what is the mistake here.

I tried the same thing in my developer instance which is still not refreshed with the new release.

There the error message is displayed only once.

So, I am not getting if this is a new release issue.

Please let me know your suggestions.

Thanks

Arvind

• September 24, 2010
Hello everyone, just wanted to share with the community this custom component I made and give something back for the help I've received. :smileyhappy:

The purpose of the component is to enable autocomplete in lookup fields. I used the autocomplete js created by Jim Roos:
(http://www.jimroos.com/2007/05/ajax-autocomplete.html) but made some modifications to it so that it could interact with an Apex controller among some other things...

So my idea was that if you were making a VF page that had an inputfield that was related to a lookupfield you would just insert this autocomplete component to that inputfield. Something like this:

Code:
           <apex:inputField value="{!Contact.accountid}" id="accname" styleClass="cField">
<c:autocomplete ObjectName="Accounts" InputId="{!$Component.accname}" AutoCompleteId="accACid" ClassName="autocomplete300"/>
</apex:inputField>

The component has 4 parameters:

The name of the object or custom object that the inputfield relates to (new objects must be added inside the apex classes since i had some problems constructing a dynamic query).
The InputId which is used to relate the component to the input field
The id for the Component
A classname parameter that basically just defines the width of the suggestions menu.

Here's a screenshot of how it looks like in action:

Here's a link to the file containing the required files:

AutoCompleteComponent

Jonathan.

Message Edited by jonathan rico on 08-16-2008 01:55 PM

Message Edited by jonathan rico on 08-17-2008 09:04 AM
Message Edited by jonathan rico on 01-02-2010 05:01 PM