Hope some of you have come across this issue. System Adminstrator doesn't have permissions like Create and Upload Change Sets, Deploy Change Sets. As you might aware you cannot edit standard profiles. Is there any way to solve this?
I solved it by -
- Created custom profile by cloning the System Administrator profile, gave the permission
- Since I myself cannot change profile, I had to login with another system admin then change my profile
- Then login back and play with Change Sets.
But I am not really sure about this solution, as it is time consuming and also might not be possible if there is no other System Admin !!
It looks like the latest version of the IDE is broken for Dashboards -
1. It won't add dashboards using add/remove components
2. If you add them manually by editing package.xml, you can read the Dashboard xml by refreshing from the server, but you can't edit, or save changes or deploy. If you look at the force.com properties for the dashboards, it shows them as type Unknown, belonging to a package named Dashboards.
I'm pretty sure this worked on earlier versions of the IDE, but I'm not sure if the latest (24) was the one that broke it.
Has anyone seen this, or have any suggestions?