• 5 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Should "Developer Mode" be off when you create a Package?

Hello,

I have created a managed-b eta package in my DE.  I have uploaded it to Appexchange, but it is not publicly available - I simply have a link to install it.  I installed my app into another DE.  If I need to make updates to field definitions or code in the app (which would be done in the original DE), how do I get those updates into my second DE, which has all the data uploaded into it?  I don't want to lose the data recs.

Thanks!

Hello,

I am fairly new to Salesforce. I have completed several tutorials and have started creating a simple App.  I wanted to know what is the best procedure for making this App available to a user. I am not ready to put this on AppExchange.  I know I should have one DE for development. I can use this for testing, but may end up creating another DE for test, later.  Then I want to create yet another DE for the end user - this, I guess, will be considered the "Production" version of the App.

My questions are:

1) Is this the right procedure?

2) How do I go about getting my App from the development DE to the end user DE?  Do I create a managed Package?

Thanks!

Hello,

I have created a managed-b eta package in my DE.  I have uploaded it to Appexchange, but it is not publicly available - I simply have a link to install it.  I installed my app into another DE.  If I need to make updates to field definitions or code in the app (which would be done in the original DE), how do I get those updates into my second DE, which has all the data uploaded into it?  I don't want to lose the data recs.

Thanks!

Hello,

Thanks!

Hi Folks,

I have excel file having 200 records and deleted 150 records. while uploading the data using data loader it is still showing 200 records. but when i open the excel file it is showing only 50 records.

what is the issue here, can any one suggest on this ASAP

Thanks,

Krish