• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

Is it possible to make endpoint URL on SOAP UI using WSDL such as http:localhost:port/binding ; where localhost would be system IP address. Using Same WSDL generate Apex classes and set the endpoint URL as the one created using SOAP UI.

Has anyone done something similar? When I try to do follow above steps while running the method I get Read IO timeout error. 

• December 10, 2012
https://bbh_webservices.cityofboston.gov/Secure/GetUserUrl Hi Friends, I am trying to register URL in the remote settings but it is not letting me register.It gives me an error Error: Unable to parse URI For Example if I use: https://Chicago_webservices. Error: Unable to parse URI However:if we change it to Https://Chicago.webservices then it accepts. Does it not let regiter URL with in the remote settings with Underscore?.Any idea about that.
  • October 25, 2012

Hi,

We are trying to integrate salesforce with an external system using Callouts. We recieved WSDL from external system and we are able generate wsdl2apex classes sucessfully. But the relationships are missing between the classes. Due to this we are not able to call the external web service. We found that this is due to the <xsd: extension> elements found in WSDL. Is there any way to reolsve this issue? Is there any way to remove <extension> elements without disturbing the schema?

<xsd:complexType abstract="false" name="InsurancePolicySearchCriteria"> <xsd:complexContent> <xsd:extension base="contractandspecification:ContractSearchCriteria"> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="lineOfBusinessName" type="xsd:string" /> <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="multiLinePolicyIndicator" type="xsd:string" /> <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="plannedEndDate" type="xsd:date" /> <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="policyEffectiveDate" type="xsd:date" /> <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="policySourceOperation" type="xsd:string" /> <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="policySourceSystem" type="xsd:string" /> <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="regionCode" type="xsd:string" /> <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="renewalDate" type="xsd:date" /> <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="version" type="xsd:string" /> <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="insuredSearchCriteria" type="party:PartySearchCriteria" /> <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="policyholderSearchCriteria" type="party:PartySearchCriteria" /> </xsd:sequence> </xsd:extension> </xsd:complexContent> </xsd:complexType>

<xsd:complexType abstract="false" name="ContractSearchCriteria">
   <xsd:complexContent>
    <xsd:extension base="common:SearchCriteria">
     <xsd:sequence>
      <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="externalReference" type="xsd:string" />

<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="inceptionDate" type="xsd:date" />
     </xsd:sequence>
    </xsd:extension>
   </xsd:complexContent>
  </xsd:complexType>

wsdl2apex genearted two different calsses InsurancePolicySearchCriteria & ContractSearchCriteria, but the relationship is missing between these classes. Is there any way to resolve this type of issues from salesforce?

I have the contents of a PDF in base64 format, Which returns a Web service, but I do notknow how to render the content on a page of VF.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can do? I find no solution.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I'm calling into a 3rd party API from Salesforce using the APEX WSDL wrapper. That 3rd party API provides access to pdf documents as blobs. I'm able to use APEX to access those PDFs and send them on as e-mail messages (using Messaging.SingleEmailMessage and Messaging.EmailFileAttachment) from salesforce. Works great.

However, I would like to also render that PDF in a VisualForce page (it can either render in the page or provide a popup asking the user if they want to save or open the PDF). I see lots of info on how to render existing Salesforce content in PDF but nothing about how you could do this if you already have the PDF in a blob lets say.

I would think it would be something like:

<apex:page contenttype="application/pdf">

<apex:outputText value="{!PDFBlob}" id="thePDFBlob"/>

</apex:page>

(where i can provide the blob in the controller) but outputText is not the correct component.)

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

-John

We are rendering a page as the pdf in visualforce.

As a part of an interface, this pdf needs to be sent a response to a web service. 

Any pointers on how this can be done?

are there any salesforce.com specific restrictions or implementation considerations that need to be thought about before implementing the interface?

Thanks a lot,

Pooja