• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We created a class to pull all comments (custom object) related to a record (ie, account, case, opportunity, etc) and displays the comments.  We finally ran into this max view limit error and I'm not sure what I can do to get around this.  We don't delete comments so these will continue to increase, especially with high-profile accounts.

Our original SF developer is no longer here and would really appreciate getting some help on this issue.  I can send you the Apex script we have.  We thought about limiting the number of records we get back, but then our users wouldn't be able to see older comments.  We also considered creating another account record to hold older comments, but that's not ideal and besides, I wouldn't know how to do that.

Our portal users see this error in the comments section of their case and I need help understanding what could cause this problem.  This issue happens with our custom comment, the standard SF comment system works fine.

This issue was reported to us from our customers starting today, 5/15/12.  Did something changed over the weekend that could cause this?  I can send your our Apex script if needed.

Thanks in advance!

We created a class to pull all comments (custom object) related to a record (ie, account, case, opportunity, etc) and displays the comments.  We finally ran into this max view limit error and I'm not sure what I can do to get around this.  We don't delete comments so these will continue to increase, especially with high-profile accounts.

Our original SF developer is no longer here and would really appreciate getting some help on this issue.  I can send you the Apex script we have.  We thought about limiting the number of records we get back, but then our users wouldn't be able to see older comments.  We also considered creating another account record to hold older comments, but that's not ideal and besides, I wouldn't know how to do that.