• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello all!

This is my first foray into the world of Apex coding. I'm not very famiiliar with coding so appologies in advance for simple errors!

I have put the below trigger together piecing various bits of code accross various forums together to trigger an email to the creator of a task on completion if that task is assigned to another person. It works great! However, the user gets two emails each time - is there a way around this? I did a search on the forum and coultn't find a previous thread which shared similat code to my own.

Thanks!

Louis

Here's the code:

trigger Trigger_Request_CompletedAfterInsertAfterUpdate on Task (after update)
 {

Task[] completedTasks = Trigger.new;
   for(Task t : completedTasks){
      if(t.OwnerId!=t.CreatedById && t.Status=='Completed'){
         Messaging.SingleEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();      

mail.setTargetObjectId(t.CreatedById);          

mail.setSubject('Task Completed');        

mail.setPlainTextBody(Datetime.now().format('MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm a')+' \r\n'+t.Description+' \r\n'+' \r\n'+'Salesforce link: \r\n'+'https://emea.salesforce.com/'+t.AccountId);
    mail.saveAsActivity = false;
        Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] { mail });

}
   }
}

Hello all!

This is my first foray into the world of Apex coding. I'm not very famiiliar with coding so appologies in advance for simple errors!

I have put the below trigger together piecing various bits of code accross various forums together to trigger an email to the creator of a task on completion if that task is assigned to another person. It works great! However, the user gets two emails each time - is there a way around this? I did a search on the forum and coultn't find a previous thread which shared similat code to my own.

Thanks!

Louis

Here's the code:

trigger Trigger_Request_CompletedAfterInsertAfterUpdate on Task (after update)
 {

Task[] completedTasks = Trigger.new;
   for(Task t : completedTasks){
      if(t.OwnerId!=t.CreatedById && t.Status=='Completed'){
         Messaging.SingleEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();      

mail.setTargetObjectId(t.CreatedById);          

mail.setSubject('Task Completed');        

mail.setPlainTextBody(Datetime.now().format('MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm a')+' \r\n'+t.Description+' \r\n'+' \r\n'+'Salesforce link: \r\n'+'https://emea.salesforce.com/'+t.AccountId);
    mail.saveAsActivity = false;
        Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] { mail });

}
   }
}