• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

How to access currency symbol of organization from Visual force page. (or Currency ISO Code)

Thanks in Advance.

Anyone know how, from Apex, to get the currency symbol that is used when formatting currency fields in a single currency org?

If I had to I might be able to build my own mapping based on the Currency Locale setting in the Company Information page but I can't find what field in the Organization record gets updated when this value is set.

UserInfo.getDefaultCurrency() does not work - it retus nothing in a single currency org.

The format function on an sObject currency field (MyOppty.Amount.format()) does not include a currency symbol.

I need the value in Apex so the outputField tag in VF is not helpful (and can't be used in a multi-currency org with ACM enabled).

Last resort is to have a  Custom Setting and have customers enter their currency symbol but that creeates extra work for the customer and they think we are stupid or lazy.

Thanks for any assistance

• January 12, 2011
Hi,
I don't know how to retrieve the currencySymbol  in case the organization doesn't use multiple currency.

In the case the org use MultiCurrency i can call the userInfo.getDefaultCurrency() method.

But in the case it doesn't there is a problem.
Does exist a property like in the API - CurrencySymbol (getUserInfoResult) or
another way to retrieve the currency symbol ($, ...)?

Thanks,

I see that the support for currencies (for example for annual revenue field on the account record) is not enabled for all clients of salesforce. How can I get the currency used by an organisation when this feature is not enabled? The only thing I can find that is filled in is the currencysymbol property of the GetUserInfoResult object. Am I really to program a table that maps these symbols to currencies? Is this even a one to one relation? Can't I just get the currency iso code for that organisation? The  field userDefaultIsoCurrencyCode is null, so it isn't there. Where or where can I get this?

Thanx
Koen.