• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi  -
Using Chargent for Credit Card processing.  We'd like to send a notice to customers 1 month prior to credit card expiration date, but since Expiration Month and Expiration Year are encrypted, I can't access them in a formula.  At least that's what I think is the issue - due to PCI compliance.

Has anyone sent a similar letter? How?

Any other ideas?
Thanks - 
sara

• October 14, 2014
Hi - 
I'm creating a VisualForce email template to be sent out via a workflow.

The users would like certain words "Bolded", and others "Italicised".

I have searched and tried lots of things, so far all unsuccessful.  I thought this would be easy!

If anyone can help, i'd really appreciate it!  I copied the basic parts from a working email.  I'm just not getting my formatting (see my *** notes below).  I am pretty good at figuring out how to make my specifics work from a solution that has similar results, but I'm really stuck here.

Here's some of what I have so far:.  

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="New Instrument Ownership" recipientType="Contact" relatedToType="Class_Order__c">
<messaging:htmlEmailBody >

<html>
            <style type="text/css">
            body {font-family: arial; size: 12pt;}  *** I’m not getting Arial text; I’m getting Courier

table {
            border-width: 5px;
            border-spacing: 5px;

border-color: #FF0000;
            background-color: #FFFFFF;
        }

td {
            border-width: 1px;
            padding: 4px;
            border-style: solid;
            border-color: #000000;
            background-color: #FFEECC;
        }

th {
            color: #000000;
            border-width: 1px ;
            padding: 4px ;
            border-style: solid ;
            background-color: #FFFFF0;
        }
        </style>

<apex:image value="http://na15.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.ImageServer?id=015i0000002yU39&oid=00Di0000000kwwg" />
<br/>
<br/>
Order Number: {!relatedTo.Name}

Dear {!RelatedTo.ChargentOrders__Billing_First_Name__c},
<br/>
This letter is to certify that {!relatedTo.Student_Name__c} is enrolled in: <br/>
        Class:  {!relatedTo.Class__c}<br/>  *** They want the variable “Class” BOLDed
        Days:  {!relatedTo.Days__c}<br/>  *** They want the variable “Days” BOLDed
<br/>
Thank you,<br/>
Your Counselor<br/>  ***  They want this text “Your Counselor” italicized.
<br/>
</html>
</messaging:htmlEmailBody>

Thanks!
Sara
  • October 13, 2014

Hi - 
I have a few picklists that I have to get the value (if there is one) and perform some simple calculations.  I am getting #Error becuase some of the values are Numeric, some are alpha and some are blank.

The following 2 formula are returning "Error":
VALUE(TEXT(Scholarship_Discount_value__c ))

AND
( Scholarship_Annual_Value__c )*4 + Discount_Value_4_Year_Scholarship_Total__c

This formula works, but I think that's because it's only selecting certain values:
CASE( Scholarship_Discount_Type__c ,
"Presidential Scholar", 12000,
"Deans Scholarship", 10000,
"Founders Scholar", 7000,
"Leadership", 5000,
0)

Can anyone fix these formulas for me?  
Thanks!
Sara

• April 24, 2014

Hi -

I'm cleaning up some data and I need to delete a Picklist value.  But I get the message:

The picklist value you attempted to delete is the last value for the following record types. This picklist must contain at least one value. Either add another value to the picklist or to the following record type.

How do I fix this?

thank you -

Sara

• September 25, 2013

Hi -

I was using "CASE" fine (see below) until this additional criteria became necessary:

CASE( Fund__r.Name , "CCV", 1, "CCVet", 1, "DFE", 2, "DFF", 2, "DF", 2, "DR", 3, 99)

New:

If it's a DR, it ALSO has to have a Appeal_Campaign__r.Name that starts with "Paws".

I have tried CASE and IF and am unsuccessful with both, getting this compound condition for "3"

Here's what I need (I'm doing this in a Workflow) (summarized a bit here)

IF  FUND_Name = "DR" AND Appeal_Campaign__r.Name Starts with "PAWSTR" then the value should be 3

ELSE

IF FUND_Name = "DF", then the value should be 2

ELSE

IF FUND_Name = "DFF", then the value should be 2

ELSE

the value should be 99.

And here's what I was trying to get started:

IF
(AND(Fund__r.Name="DR",  Appeal_Campaign__r.Name  BEGINS("PawsitivelyStrong")),
3,99)

I thought I'd build on that, but I get Error: Syntax error. Found 'Appeal_Campaign__r.Name'

I sure do hope someone can help!

Thank you -

Sara

• August 09, 2013

Hi -

I need to cretae a custom field to hold a Dollar amount.  It's for a donation letter for a Non-Profit where most of the amounts are whole dollars.  But some do have decimals.

They want the Conga Letter to print as

$20

OR

$566.23

For the bulk of the donations, with no Decimals ($20, $100), they just want to print the amount.  But for those with decimals, they want to print the decimals ($106.87).

Is there a way to use a formula field or something in SF so I can put that in my Conga Template to print as they wish?

thanks!

Sara

• August 06, 2013

HI  -

I created a text field and now I want to have it default to "no".  There's no data in it yet, so is there a way to edit the field and set the Default value?

I feel like I've done this before, but I can't remember or find it.

Thanks -

Sara

• October 24, 2012

Hi -

I'm trying to create a formula (in a workflow)-

If the Length of field "Invoice Line Number" is 1,

make the field "Invoice_Number + "-0" + "Invoice Line Number" (add a zero to Invoice line number in front)

otherwise, just make the result "Invoice_Number + "-" + "Invoice Line Number"

My formula:

IF(LEN(TEXT(Invoice_Line_Number__c)),1, ("0"+ TEXT(Invoice_Line_Number__c)), (Invoice_Line_Number__c))

I keep getting Syntax errors, such as

Error: Incorrect parameter type for function 'IF()'. Expected Boolean, received Number

I have tried all sorts of changes, like putting the "1" in quotes, I have counted the parenthesis, and nothing is getting this right.

Thank you!!

Sara

• October 19, 2012

Hi -

I have a formula that's not working, but the "Help" says to use "ISBLANK". I've tried ISNULL and ISBLANK (TEXT(multi-select picklist name).

The multi-select field is "Private_Insurance_c"

I just need to know if the multi-select field is blank, otherwise, I'll print its contents and the contants of the Private Insurance number field if it is not blank.  Should be simple?

IF(ISBLANK(  Eye_Med_Number__c   ) ,"",("  Eye Med #:  " & Eye_Med_Number__c  &  "  ")) &
IF(ISBLANK(Private_Insurance__c  ) ,"",("  Private Ins:  " & TEXT(Private_Insurance__c) &  "  ") &

IF(ISBLANK(  Private_Insurance_Number__c ) ,"",("  Private Ins #:  " & Private_Insurance_Number__c) &  "  "))

Thanks -

Sraa

• September 13, 2012

Hi -

I have an SSN field - it's encrypted for most users and for most applications/profiles.

However, one application needs to see the SSN, so I gave them access to view encrypted fields.

Now, they want to view it formatted as SSN, and they want it printed, like on their insurance forms, formatted as SSN - with all the numbers and the dashes.

How can I do this?

Thank you in advance -

Sara

• September 05, 2012

hi -

I just created a new app and have selected it. I have a page layout, assigned to that Record type, but I'm not seeing the record in the new record type layout.

I know I've done this before - I don't know what I forgot to do!

Thanks

• August 21, 2012

Hi -

I'm fairly new to SF, and watched the video on the new "Smart Search".  I don't, however, see this in my account, and I think this would solve a problem we're having.

Can anyone tell me how to "activate" Smart Search? Or why I don't see it?

Thanks -

Sara

• August 21, 2012

Hi  -
Using Chargent for Credit Card processing.  We'd like to send a notice to customers 1 month prior to credit card expiration date, but since Expiration Month and Expiration Year are encrypted, I can't access them in a formula.  At least that's what I think is the issue - due to PCI compliance.

Has anyone sent a similar letter? How?

Any other ideas?
Thanks - 
sara

• October 14, 2014
Hi - 
I'm creating a VisualForce email template to be sent out via a workflow.

The users would like certain words "Bolded", and others "Italicised".

I have searched and tried lots of things, so far all unsuccessful.  I thought this would be easy!

If anyone can help, i'd really appreciate it!  I copied the basic parts from a working email.  I'm just not getting my formatting (see my *** notes below).  I am pretty good at figuring out how to make my specifics work from a solution that has similar results, but I'm really stuck here.

Here's some of what I have so far:.  

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="New Instrument Ownership" recipientType="Contact" relatedToType="Class_Order__c">
<messaging:htmlEmailBody >

<html>
            <style type="text/css">
            body {font-family: arial; size: 12pt;}  *** I’m not getting Arial text; I’m getting Courier

table {
            border-width: 5px;
            border-spacing: 5px;

border-color: #FF0000;
            background-color: #FFFFFF;
        }

td {
            border-width: 1px;
            padding: 4px;
            border-style: solid;
            background-color: #FFEECC;
        }

th {
            color: #000000;
            border-width: 1px ;
            padding: 4px ;
            border-style: solid ;
            background-color: #FFFFF0;
        }
        </style>

<apex:image value="http://na15.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.ImageServer?id=015i0000002yU39&oid=00Di0000000kwwg" />
<br/>
<br/>
Order Number: {!relatedTo.Name}

Dear {!RelatedTo.ChargentOrders__Billing_First_Name__c},
<br/>
This letter is to certify that {!relatedTo.Student_Name__c} is enrolled in: <br/>
        Class:  {!relatedTo.Class__c}<br/>  *** They want the variable “Class” BOLDed
        Days:  {!relatedTo.Days__c}<br/>  *** They want the variable “Days” BOLDed
<br/>
Thank you,<br/>
Your Counselor<br/>  ***  They want this text “Your Counselor” italicized.
<br/>
</html>
</messaging:htmlEmailBody>

Thanks!
Sara
  • October 13, 2014

Hi - 
I have a few picklists that I have to get the value (if there is one) and perform some simple calculations.  I am getting #Error becuase some of the values are Numeric, some are alpha and some are blank.

The following 2 formula are returning "Error":
VALUE(TEXT(Scholarship_Discount_value__c ))

AND
( Scholarship_Annual_Value__c )*4 + Discount_Value_4_Year_Scholarship_Total__c

This formula works, but I think that's because it's only selecting certain values:
CASE( Scholarship_Discount_Type__c ,
"Presidential Scholar", 12000,
"Deans Scholarship", 10000,
"Founders Scholar", 7000,
"Leadership", 5000,
0)

Can anyone fix these formulas for me?  
Thanks!
Sara

• April 24, 2014

Hi -

I'm cleaning up some data and I need to delete a Picklist value.  But I get the message:

The picklist value you attempted to delete is the last value for the following record types. This picklist must contain at least one value. Either add another value to the picklist or to the following record type.

How do I fix this?

thank you -

Sara

• September 25, 2013

HI  -

I created a text field and now I want to have it default to "no".  There's no data in it yet, so is there a way to edit the field and set the Default value?

I feel like I've done this before, but I can't remember or find it.

Thanks -

Sara

• October 24, 2012

Hi -

I'm trying to create a formula (in a workflow)-

If the Length of field "Invoice Line Number" is 1,

make the field "Invoice_Number + "-0" + "Invoice Line Number" (add a zero to Invoice line number in front)

otherwise, just make the result "Invoice_Number + "-" + "Invoice Line Number"

My formula:

IF(LEN(TEXT(Invoice_Line_Number__c)),1, ("0"+ TEXT(Invoice_Line_Number__c)), (Invoice_Line_Number__c))

I keep getting Syntax errors, such as

Error: Incorrect parameter type for function 'IF()'. Expected Boolean, received Number

I have tried all sorts of changes, like putting the "1" in quotes, I have counted the parenthesis, and nothing is getting this right.

Thank you!!

Sara

• October 19, 2012

Hi -

I have an SSN field - it's encrypted for most users and for most applications/profiles.

However, one application needs to see the SSN, so I gave them access to view encrypted fields.

Now, they want to view it formatted as SSN, and they want it printed, like on their insurance forms, formatted as SSN - with all the numbers and the dashes.

How can I do this?

Thank you in advance -

Sara

• September 05, 2012

hi -

I just created a new app and have selected it. I have a page layout, assigned to that Record type, but I'm not seeing the record in the new record type layout.

I know I've done this before - I don't know what I forgot to do!

Thanks

• August 21, 2012

Hi -

I'm fairly new to SF, and watched the video on the new "Smart Search".  I don't, however, see this in my account, and I think this would solve a problem we're having.

Can anyone tell me how to "activate" Smart Search? Or why I don't see it?

Thanks -

Sara

• August 21, 2012