• Classy

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I've implemented OAuth for our Salesforce integration over the last couple of years.  During that time we've been supporting over 100 different Salesforce orgs.  However, even though all of them are authenticating using the same OAuth flow, I've noticed that some orgs have expired token errors from time to time.  However, this seems inconsistent.  Some orgs have never needed to reauthenticate, while some need to reauthenticate every few months.
Recently we had a new org that seems to need to reauthenticate every few days, which obviously isn't going to work.  Are there additional settings at the org level (security perhaps?) that would cause this inconsistency?  Has anyone else experienced this?  What methods could be used to troubleshoot?

Thanks,
tim

Hi,

I've created custom objects in SF and I'd like these to show up as custom tabs in the UI.  I'm trying to implement this with the Metadata API and running into some difficulty.  I'm able to retrieve and deploy via the API, and when I deploy I get a successful response, but I don't see any affect on the tabs.  Here are the xml files I'm deploying (the following two files are :

package.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Package xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata">
<types>
<members>sc_event__c</members>
<name>CustomTab</name>
</types>
<version>25.0</version>
</Package>

sc_event__c.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<CustomTab xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata">
<customObject>true</customObject>
<mobileReady>false</mobileReady>
<description>Classy Events</description>
<motif>Custom53: Bell</motif>
</CustomTab>

My checkDeployStatus call returns the following:

object(stdClass)#79 (3) {
["id"]=>
string(18) "04sE00000014w93IAA"
["runTestResult"]=>
object(stdClass)#88 (3) {
["numFailures"]=>
int(0)
["numTestsRun"]=>
int(0)
["totalTime"]=>
float(0)
}
["success"]=>
bool(true)
}

Although I'm getting a successful response I don't see any change within the SF UI.  I tried creating a tab in SF, retrieving the description field, but even that doesn't seem to work.  Ultimately however I'd like to create the entire tab via the Metadata API.  Can anyone tell if I'm missing something obvious here?

Thanks,

Tim

I'm trying to delete a custom object via the SOAP API.  All I can find is info on deleting the records in the object, but not the object itself.  I'd like to permanently delete the object as well.  I tried the delete method (http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_calls_delete.htm) but this seems to be for deleting records; when I make the call I get the error "MALFORMED_ID". I'm passing in the custom object name (ending in __c), but when I describe the object I don't see an id associated with the object.  I can also confirm that "deletable" is true for this object.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Tim

Hi,

I've implemented OAuth for our Salesforce integration over the last couple of years.  During that time we've been supporting over 100 different Salesforce orgs.  However, even though all of them are authenticating using the same OAuth flow, I've noticed that some orgs have expired token errors from time to time.  However, this seems inconsistent.  Some orgs have never needed to reauthenticate, while some need to reauthenticate every few months.
Recently we had a new org that seems to need to reauthenticate every few days, which obviously isn't going to work.  Are there additional settings at the org level (security perhaps?) that would cause this inconsistency?  Has anyone else experienced this?  What methods could be used to troubleshoot?

Thanks,
tim

I'm trying to delete a custom object via the SOAP API.  All I can find is info on deleting the records in the object, but not the object itself.  I'd like to permanently delete the object as well.  I tried the delete method (http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_calls_delete.htm) but this seems to be for deleting records; when I make the call I get the error "MALFORMED_ID". I'm passing in the custom object name (ending in __c), but when I describe the object I don't see an id associated with the object.  I can also confirm that "deletable" is true for this object.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Tim