• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm trying to move code using the IDE from sandbox to production. However, I'm running into the following error on all the profiles, this is just one example. We want to move the profiles so that field level security is attached to each field. It seems to be related to the social contacts so I've tried enabling it, disabling it and neither works.

Error:
File Name: profiles/CVCB Management.profile
Full Name: CVCB Management
Action: NO ACTION
Result: FAILED
Problem: In field: layout - no Layout named SocialPost-Social Post Layout found

• August 16, 2012

Hi,

I am trying to retrieve salesforce component through force.com deployment tool using java and ant and I am getting the folloeing error

com.sforce.ws.SoapFaultException: INVALID_TYPE: Unknown type:${sf.metadataType}

Here is the code piece for the deployment:

<target name="bulkRetrieve">
<sf:bulkRetrieve username="${sf.username}" password="${sf.password}" serverurl="${sf.serverurl}" metadataType="${sf.metadataType}" retrieveTarget="retrieveUnpackaged"/>
</target>

and here is the build.proporties in detail

#sf.metadataType = ApexClass,ApexComponent,ApexPage,CustomField,CustomLabel,CustomObject,CustomTab,Layout,Report,ReportType

and here is the package.xml

</types>
    <types>
            <members>*</members>
            <name>ApexPage</name>
    </types>
    <types>
            <members>*</members>
            <name>CustomField</name>
    </types>
    <types>
            <members>*</members>
            <name>CustomLabel</name>
    </types>
    <types>
            <members>*</members>
            <name>CustomTab</name>
    </types>
    <types>
            <members>*</members>
            <name>Layout</name>
    </types>
    <types>
            <members>*</members>
            <name>Report</name>
    </types>
    <types>
            <members>*</members>
            <name>ReportType</name>
    </types>
    <version>11.0</version>
</Package>

Please suggest me how can I overcome this.

• May 18, 2010

I'm trying to get started using the Migration Tool.  In order to do that, I need Ant working.  I have set up the Variable Environments but I can't seem to connect using the build.properties file.

I have tried both with the security token and without.  It's a developer account.  When I try the "ant test" command I get an error "build.xlm: 9 Invalid Username, password or security token"

I'm sure of the password and am not locked out.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

My file looks like the following:

# build.properties

#

# Specify the login credentials for the desired Salesforce organization

sf.username = dev@***

sf.password = *****

#sf.pkgName = <Insert comma separated package names to be retrieved>

#sf.zipFile = <Insert path of the zipfile to be retrieved>

#sf.metadataType = <Insert metadata type name for which listMetadata or bulkRetrieve operations are to be performed>

# Use 'https://www.salesforce.com' for production or developer edition (the default if not specified).

# Use 'https://test.salesforce.com for sandbox.

sf.serverurl = https://www.salesforce.com

# If your network requires an HTTP proxy, see http://ant.apache.org/manual/proxy.html for configuration.

#

• March 31, 2010
Hi,

I am trying to migrate profiles from one salesforce org to the other through eclipse. I have included all possible components in the project from the source org and when I deploy the profile to the target development org using the 'deploy to server wizard' of eclipse. It deploys on the profile on the target org but there are certain mismatches in the deployed profile. These mismatches are related to tabviibilities, standard object permissions and general user permissions. 

Is there a bug here in the metadata deployment of profiles or am I missing something here ?

Thanks in advance.