• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

I'm really struggling with Apex and Apex Triggers in particular, just doesn't make a lot of sense and hoping someone might be able to assist me, I want a simple formula/workflow but since I'm dealing with two separate objects Salesforce just won't play ball...

We have a custom opportunity field for 'Territory' and I want this to be shown on any new tasks, sounds so simple but it seems the only way to get this working is via an Apex Trigger and I'm not sure where to begin.

Can anyone suggest how I can get this working?

Thanks,

Dean

• January 09, 2013

Hi all,

Has anyone been able to get the shared Tasks (Summer '12) and Events (Winter '13) working with the Excel Connector, specifically the PE version?  

From the SFDC release notes it seems like we need API 24.0 and above to have access to this, I can't use the Data Loader with PE so doesn't seem to be a way for me to mass insert Tasks and Events and linking to multiple contacts, anyone have any experience or tips on this?

Thanks,

Dean

• October 30, 2012

I have successfully used the Salesforce connector to insert tasks that are associated with opportunities.  However, these inserted tasks do not have the "reminder" set.  I want the reminder set so that at the future date associated with the inserted task is reached, there will be a reminder that pops up to remind the assigned user to accomplish the assigned task.  Note that when I use the online interface to create a task for an opportunity, the reminder is automatically set for me.

How do I insert a task using Excel Connector and have the reminder for that task set?

I originally posted this on the VB and Office list but received no response.  Did not know this forum was here....

I am having no luck inserting Tasks via the Excel Connector.  Can someone advise if it is just not possible?

I have a professional Account and have successfully used Excel Connector for a lot tables but cannot get it to work on tasks.  I literally queried the table, cut and pasted an actual task, changed the date, and put new in the ID field and attempted an insert.  I always get this error:

Salesforce Create()
invalid range, missing data type,  or other error,
Type is: Task
The current field definition for "CreatedById" requires a value to be set

Things I have tried:
User the actual UserRecordID data in place of just the Alias
Removing the Account ID data
Changing the default "Created By ID" to the referenced "CreatedByID"
And just about every other permutation of variables associated with the created by id field.

HELP!  Am I just barking up the wrong tree - is it not possible?

Thanks for any help!

BKM
  • August 21, 2006

When someone takes the time/effort to repspond to your question, you should take the time/effort to either mark the question as "Solved", or post a Follow-Up with addtional information.  

That way people with a similar question can find the Solution without having to re-post the same question again and again. And the people who reply to your post know that the issue has been resolved and they can stop working on it.