• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi I have my app currently running on force.com. 

We have hundreds of Customer portal users accessing custom objects on force.com. Currently we use standard customer portal UI.

Moving forward we plan to increase the userbase to thousands.

And to improve on user interface we are going for mobile and touch devices apps, and webapp (for better UI).

What I see as options is going for a webapp on something like Heroku + native apps on devices and use database as either force.com or database.com.

I understand tech wise both are same but differ in the offerings. Since I am moving out from force.com UI what would be better considering the 

1. Ease of maintaining systems

2. Total cost of ownership

Also if you think i am not on correct path please guide.

We have developed an app whch is running on force.com as of now.

The standard field we are using is accounts only.

Work needs to be done.

1. Porting of current custom objects/apex classes+triggers/other dependecies to database.com.

2. Frontend for browser + tablet + mobile (iOS+Android+Windows+Blackberry).

3. Integration with other servcies like AMazon SNS for emails.

Problem:

The maximum number of values allowed in a controlling field is 300. In addition, if a field is both a controlling field and dependent picklist, it can't contain more than 300 values.

Use case:

We are using "City" as a custom pick list field. it is controlled by "States" custom pick-list field Now we have another custom pick list field of "Pin codes/Zip codes". These should be controlled by "City". But the limitation of 300 values of controlling field wont allow us since the city values are over 700 and could grow further.

What is the work around, is there any provision of asking for additional value limit to Salesforce

Thank You

My managed package in under securirty review.

There are outbound messages in which i wish to change the end point urls.

How do i push this changed to the pacakge in review and the test org in which i installed.

Looking for an option, so that i do not need to resubmit for review?

use case: i wish to assign 2 different page layouts on a custom object to 2 useres with same profile type.

When a new record is created on custom object and ownership is to a user A, another user B of same profile type is given read/write access to the record via apex sharing rule via a trigger, as this object is private.

Along with that i wish to add a seperate page layout to the user B so that both can have seperarte views for same record bases on there area of function.

code i using for sharing access

trigger MobjectSharingrule on Mobject__c (after insert) {

if(trigger.isInsert){

List<Mobject__Share> MobjectShares  = new List<Mobject__Share>();

for(Mobject__c Mobject : trigger.new){

Mobject__Share MobjectBUserShare = new Mobject__Share();

MobjectBUserShare.ParentId = Mobject.Id;

MobjectBUserShare.UserOrGroupId = Mobject.Mobject_Property_BUser__c;

MobjectBUserShare.AccessLevel = 'edit';

MobjectBUserShare.RowCause = Schema.Mobject__Share.RowCause.Suggested_Property_BUser__c;

MobjectShares.add(MobjectBUserShare);
    }

Database.SaveResult[] MobjectShareInsertResult = Database.insert(MobjectShares,false);

}
}

1. is it possible?

2. do i have to assign the record type B to userB (with page layout B )

thank you

Problem:

The maximum number of values allowed in a controlling field is 300. In addition, if a field is both a controlling field and dependent picklist, it can't contain more than 300 values.

Use case:

We are using "City" as a custom pick list field. it is controlled by "States" custom pick-list field Now we have another custom pick list field of "Pin codes/Zip codes". These should be controlled by "City". But the limitation of 300 values of controlling field wont allow us since the city values are over 700 and could grow further.

What is the work around, is there any provision of asking for additional value limit to Salesforce

Thank You

My managed package in under securirty review.

There are outbound messages in which i wish to change the end point urls.

How do i push this changed to the pacakge in review and the test org in which i installed.

Looking for an option, so that i do not need to resubmit for review?

use case: i wish to assign 2 different page layouts on a custom object to 2 useres with same profile type.

When a new record is created on custom object and ownership is to a user A, another user B of same profile type is given read/write access to the record via apex sharing rule via a trigger, as this object is private.

Along with that i wish to add a seperate page layout to the user B so that both can have seperarte views for same record bases on there area of function.

code i using for sharing access

trigger MobjectSharingrule on Mobject__c (after insert) {

if(trigger.isInsert){

List<Mobject__Share> MobjectShares  = new List<Mobject__Share>();

for(Mobject__c Mobject : trigger.new){

Mobject__Share MobjectBUserShare = new Mobject__Share();

MobjectBUserShare.ParentId = Mobject.Id;

MobjectBUserShare.UserOrGroupId = Mobject.Mobject_Property_BUser__c;

MobjectBUserShare.AccessLevel = 'edit';

MobjectBUserShare.RowCause = Schema.Mobject__Share.RowCause.Suggested_Property_BUser__c;

MobjectShares.add(MobjectBUserShare);
    }

Database.SaveResult[] MobjectShareInsertResult = Database.insert(MobjectShares,false);

}
}

1. is it possible?

2. do i have to assign the record type B to userB (with page layout B )

thank you