• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Is there a way to get access to the username of the receiving community user while using a visualforce email template?  I am not finding the way to get this. 

With an HTML email template you simply have to use {!Receiving_User.Username}.  Visualforce email templates do not like this reference.

I have tried:
  • {!User.Username} - Wrong!  That's the sending user
  • {!Receiving_User.Username} - Template will not save.
    • "Error: Unknown property 'core.email.template.EmailTemplateComponentController.Receiving_User'
  • {!relatedTo.Username} - I can save the template but the result on receipt of the email is blank!
By the way, {!$Network.NetworkUrlForUserEmails} is working great.  

Here is a simple version of my template:

<messaging:emailTemplate recipientType="Contact"
    relatedToType="User"
    subject="Welcome!"
    replyTo="xxx@example.com">
    <messaging:htmlEmailBody >
        <html>
            <body>
                <p>Dear {!recipient.name},</p>
                <p>Your username is: {!Receiving_User.Username} </p> .  <----- DOES NOT WORK!
                <p><a href="{!$Network.NetworkUrlForUserEmails}">Click here to register now! </a></p>
            </body>
        </html>
    </messaging:htmlEmailBody>
</messaging:emailTemplate>
Looking for a way to display a select related list onto my page.  The current related list component is all or nothing (based on the page layout, of course).  I need to display a related list of records for an object I select.  Do I need to create a custom component to do this?

Peter
i have a custom page that manages our community users and I'd like to replicate the "Log in as community user" function (under manage external user)  via a custom button. Can this be done? I see that the URL generated includes parameters like sunetworkid and sunetworkuserid but I cannot find documentation on those. 

Hey guys,

I have a simple flow that creates a case record and I want to give the user the ability to upload/attach a file to the case record.  How can I create a VF page that will display the notes/attachments related list, grab the new case record ID from the flow and then upload the file to the case?  Can I use the standard controller to do this or do I need to create my own?

Thanks!

Peter

It appears this field is missing from the list of standard options.  Is that true for everyone?

Peter

Is there any way I can present a dynamic list of records, allow a user to select multiple records (via multi-choice picklist) and then have the flow update those records selected?

It appears that documentation says with dynamic choice multi-choice picklists only the variables from the last record selected are stored. Is there any work around to get the variables for all the records selected??

peter

Is there anyway to embed a visualforce page into a flow screen?  Trying to find away to list records on a screen that the user can react to.

TO

Is there a way to get access to the username of the receiving community user while using a visualforce email template?  I am not finding the way to get this. 

With an HTML email template you simply have to use {!Receiving_User.Username}.  Visualforce email templates do not like this reference.

I have tried:
    • "Error: Unknown property 'core.email.template.EmailTemplateComponentController.Receiving_User'
  • {!relatedTo.Username} - I can save the template but the result on receipt of the email is blank!

relatedToType="User"
    subject="Welcome!"
        <html>
            <body>
                <p><a href="{!$Network.NetworkUrlForUserEmails}">Click here to register now! </a></p>
            </body>
        </html>
i have a custom page that manages our community users and I'd like to replicate the "Log in as community user" function (under manage external user)  via a custom button. Can this be done? I see that the URL generated includes parameters like sunetworkid and sunetworkuserid but I cannot find documentation on those. 

I have tried:

relatedToType="User"
    subject="Welcome!"
        <html>
            <body>
            </body>
        </html>
I am trying to set up the financial service cloud.
I have followed the instructions as per their implementation guide,
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.financial_services_cloud.meta/financial_services_cloud/fsc_admin.htm

However, I am stuck in the step where the client page and the household page needs to be configured. They are configured through lightning app builder where the managed package's client record page or the household page needs to be activated for all or for specific profiles. I have tried both. However, when I add the client or the household tab in an app and try to access them , I see the error message which says.
"This page isn't configured. Ask your Salesforce administrator for help."

User-added image

I initially thought that it could be because I did not add the logged in user the Advisor Access permission set (part of the managed package), since I missed that step. But doing so, did not change the behaviour at all. I have re-validated the steps from the begining , till this point with no positive results.
has any one while implementing FS cloud faced similar issues? Any direction may be helpful.
Thanks
Utathya

Hey there,

I am not even sure this is possible, but I need some advice. Basically, I have a tabbed VF page for my account and all of its related lists and child objects have their own tab. These tabs are lists of all the records associated with that account and should the user click on one of the links, the bottom half of that tab will re-render with the information. Essentially, it is all the information on one page.

This all works perfectly, except what i need to do is to make it so that should the user wish to create a new record, upon saving they will be re-directed to the tab of the object they had jsut created the record in. I have searched and searched and searched for a solution, many people have theories on how to do this...maybe some people have even done this (by searching for a reference for each tab or naming each tab in the code), however it is a bit beyond my coding skill.

My question is...Would it be possible to have a link which will re-render the bottom half of the tab..into a create new record VF page...which upon saving will once again re-render to the record... What are your thoughts people?

Mikie 

It appears this field is missing from the list of standard options.  Is that true for everyone?

Peter

Is there anyway to embed a visualforce page into a flow screen?  Trying to find away to list records on a screen that the user can react to.

TO

I am trying to set up the financial service cloud.
I have followed the instructions as per their implementation guide,
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.financial_services_cloud.meta/financial_services_cloud/fsc_admin.htm

However, I am stuck in the step where the client page and the household page needs to be configured. They are configured through lightning app builder where the managed package's client record page or the household page needs to be activated for all or for specific profiles. I have tried both. However, when I add the client or the household tab in an app and try to access them , I see the error message which says.
"This page isn't configured. Ask your Salesforce administrator for help."

User-added image

I initially thought that it could be because I did not add the logged in user the Advisor Access permission set (part of the managed package), since I missed that step. But doing so, did not change the behaviour at all. I have re-validated the steps from the begining , till this point with no positive results.
has any one while implementing FS cloud faced similar issues? Any direction may be helpful.
Thanks
Utathya