• 5 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am using the code at https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Code_Samples to import and process a CSV. The only issue is that it does have \n's embedded in on of the columns that is surrounded by double quotes. This file is uploaded into a BLOB then I extract the file from the BLOB using toString. I can't then seem to get to the embedded \n within the quotes to strip with replaceall etc. Think  First Field,"Hello\n1)There\nWorld",Third Field, Forth field ...... \n  (for end of line).
I am hoping I can just find the \n's within double quotes and strip them or replace them.
Not sure...do I have to escape the arguments in ReplaceAll  \\n?
Any thougths out there on an approach?
  • March 30, 2016
I have a parent/child of Contact with Education records...fine so far. I also want to have a field on the Contact that will allow the user to select one of those education records to logically "connect" to another field. I do the definition etc. but the filters I have tried don't seem to find any records. 

Is this relationship eVen possible? 
I would rather not do it through VF unless I have to. 

Any thoughts out there?

• October 08, 2015
I am looking to implement Apex Sharing  in the Controlled by Parent model on a custom object that only has a lookup (since it is too deep to add another parent/child). Has anyone out there done this?

Thanks
  • September 10, 2015
I have a button on a standard page that launches a flow and passes in id and name from the contact detail page from std controller

/apex/pages/MyFlow?vId={!Contact.Id}&cName={!Contact.Name}

How can I do the same in Salesforce1 mobile?

• September 03, 2015
I am using analytics:reportchart with filtering and all works fine. If you click the chart, then you go to the filtered report...all good.

Now,  I want to be able to do that same thing but by using that hyperlink from the chart in another part of my VF Page. 

Any way? 
  • June 08, 2015
I have a Parent/Child/Grandchild structure.The problem is that when the users creates a NEW Grandchild, they sometimes forget which PARENT they are working on. I know there is an issue with SF not displaying formula field values at Child/Grandchild EDIT pages. So, I created a new VF NEW/EDIT Page and tried to display the Name of Parent there but no love. I have tried __r relationship and formula fields that have __r  constructs but nothing ever resolves. 

Is there anyway around this without Extension controlller? I have looked at BB's http://bobbuzzard.blogspot.com/2011/11/retrieve-related-object-fields.html

Is that the only way to get this? This is one more for the list of dumb SF things. 
  • April 02, 2014

I have a home page component that can add notes/tasks to the current object in the detail page. I need find out through the Javascript what the current object is and if the sharing model allows the user to add notes/tasks and whether the object has notes/tasks (custom objs) . Right now this is all Javascript...no APEX and hoping to keep it that way if I can for the moment so if it is just a few calls in JS then good. Otherwise I am ok to do with JS/APEX if need be. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction? 

p.s. I see the 

SELECT RecordId
     FROM UserRecordAccess

code but worried about a lot SOQL hits since this component  could get driven by screen refreshes. 

• October 14, 2013

I have an unusual requirement. From within a set of child records (I will use Invoices as an easy example) I need to find whether the current invoice record is larger or smaller than the previous largest invoice as of the date of that line item

This needs to show in each record the status as of the date of that record so it's not just a simple rollup of the MAX of all records. It also needs to dynamically update if prior invoices are deleted or updated as well. 

Think of this as a cascading value that will possibly be different with each record. I think of it as a "Roll Down" or "Roll Previous"  or a max of prior siblings. 

I am looking for a good way to implement this that doesn't max out governor limits. 

Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

• September 24, 2013

I am wondering if anyone has done a multi step Visual Workflow(or another approach) that is multi step as well. Imagine....a customer goest to the workflow to collaborate on a process. They have to submit information including attaching documents. The next step is a review by the Company, if that step passes, the customer has a next step to complete....maybe more documents.

I am looking to take what is largely a manual flow that today involved emails, faxes, manual entry into a better web enabled flow.

Love to see/hear about any interesting approaches on this.

• August 30, 2013

We have a custom object(e.g.Object A) with a Related List (Object B)

this is all wrappered and output in a PageBlockTable as below 

All is well,  for the Name field in Object A get a hover,etc. BUT what we want is to add a column with a "placeholder" in it that would hover the Related List (Object B) for that Row's entry (Master Record). Any good examples out there?

<apex:column id="pBT2C6" headerValue="Date" width="55px">
                               <apex:outputField id="pBT2C6OFld" value="{!mtmr.propMT.Date__c}"/>
                           </apex:column>
  • October 21, 2012
I have a button on a standard page that launches a flow and passes in id and name from the contact detail page from std controller

/apex/pages/MyFlow?vId={!Contact.Id}&cName={!Contact.Name}

How can I do the same in Salesforce1 mobile?

• September 03, 2015
I have a Parent/Child/Grandchild structure.The problem is that when the users creates a NEW Grandchild, they sometimes forget which PARENT they are working on. I know there is an issue with SF not displaying formula field values at Child/Grandchild EDIT pages. So, I created a new VF NEW/EDIT Page and tried to display the Name of Parent there but no love. I have tried __r relationship and formula fields that have __r  constructs but nothing ever resolves. 

Is there anyway around this without Extension controlller? I have looked at BB's http://bobbuzzard.blogspot.com/2011/11/retrieve-related-object-fields.html

Is that the only way to get this? This is one more for the list of dumb SF things. 
  • April 02, 2014
I am looking to implement Apex Sharing  in the Controlled by Parent model on a custom object that only has a lookup (since it is too deep to add another parent/child). Has anyone out there done this?

Thanks
  • September 10, 2015
I have requirement where I have to embed a Salesforce report into my site which is running on salesforce platform.

I am trying with the below code, 
<apex:outputLink html-location="0" value="{!sfInstanceURL}/?startURL=/00On0000000JVvp&isdtp=nv&oauth_token={!sfOAuthToken}" rendered="true" target="_blank">SF Report</apex:outputLink>

And the generated URL looks like this,
https://cs30.salesforce.com/?startURL=/00On0000000JVvp&isdtp=nv&oauth_token=00Dn0000000Dccu!AQkAQIazITJ1oIAoQU2UljR5AZHe_auKkNrSkuQwWJqVjPZc2C3lB4JfCLD9jePAYFpBJX8rsNVPElqZm9YHR27U9X_UPzZI

But getting an error message as, "**Unable to Access Page**
The value of the "oauth_token" parameter contains a character that is not allowed or the **value exceeds the maximum allowed length**. Remove the character from the parameter value or reduce the value length and resubmit. If the error still persists, report it to our Customer Support team. Provide the URL of the page you were requesting as well as any other related information."

Am I missing something here??? can someone help me to resolve the issue...

Hi,
I'm trying to create a process to get rid of all my workflow rules, but I am struggling with the fact that I need to set an ID in order to update a record type.

I am forced to set the record type ID, and I cannot select the Record Type Name, like I used to do with workflows.

Process Builder - Record Type Update

I am mising something? Is there anyway to set the Record Type based on the name and not on the ID?

Thanks in advance, Laura
  • February 18, 2015

I have a home page component that can add notes/tasks to the current object in the detail page. I need find out through the Javascript what the current object is and if the sharing model allows the user to add notes/tasks and whether the object has notes/tasks (custom objs) . Right now this is all Javascript...no APEX and hoping to keep it that way if I can for the moment so if it is just a few calls in JS then good. Otherwise I am ok to do with JS/APEX if need be. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction? 

p.s. I see the 

SELECT RecordId
     FROM UserRecordAccess

code but worried about a lot SOQL hits since this component  could get driven by screen refreshes. 

• October 14, 2013

Hi,

I am trying to connect SalesForce with IBM Process Server. I am not able to get the absolute path of the Partner or the enterprise or Apex WSDL.

Is there any way of getting the absolute path of WSDLs in salesforce.

Secondly I dont want to use java for integration. I am trying to use IBM BPEL or mediation (IBM Webservice Utility where we need to pass the absolute path of the WSDL) to get it done. This will minimize and remove dependency over the java code.

Please help.

• October 08, 2013

I have an unusual requirement. From within a set of child records (I will use Invoices as an easy example) I need to find whether the current invoice record is larger or smaller than the previous largest invoice as of the date of that line item

This needs to show in each record the status as of the date of that record so it's not just a simple rollup of the MAX of all records. It also needs to dynamically update if prior invoices are deleted or updated as well. 

Think of this as a cascading value that will possibly be different with each record. I think of it as a "Roll Down" or "Roll Previous"  or a max of prior siblings. 

I am looking for a good way to implement this that doesn't max out governor limits. 

Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

• September 24, 2013

Hi,

I have a custom object , which includes three custom fields (Start date, End Date and Business Unit(Type: Picklist).

The three custom fields should be unique for a record, so the combination of these fields makes my record unique.

Example: start date: 05/20/2011, End Date: 05/27/2011, Business Type: Devices

Start date: 05/20/2011, End date:05/27/2011, Business Type: Drugs

Also, we must make sure that for new record the start and end dates do not fall within the above mentioned dates.

So the next acceptable record is:

Start date: 05/28/2011, end date: 05/31/2011,business type:Devices.

Note: I have a validation rule that checks that end date is always after start date.

I am having a road block to get this logic right in my trigger . Any help/pseudo code on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sales4ce